Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-09-2016, 03:04 PM   #1421
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Whenever I need graph paper these days, usually for a woodworking project, I just goggle a template and print it off at home. You can find it in a number of scales. Works well for me.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2016, 03:26 PM   #1422

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
Whenever I need graph paper these days, usually for a woodworking project, I just goggle a template and print it off at home. You can find it in a number of scales. Works well for me.
That was my first inclination... but he uses 2-3 sheets per assignment... I did the cost of ink and paper vs cost of a pad of graph paper - with volume, buying pre-printed came out ahead.

I do the google a template and print my own thing for music paper though. The boys take piano lessons and sometimes are assigned to write their own compositions or want to do their own arrangements/modifications.... That's a low volume enough endeavor that it makes sense to just print as needed.

More orders today:
- digital alarm clock for older son (he says the one he has ticks too loud)
- flair felt tip pens - both sons lobbied to have them for school.
- new hair clippers... Our old clippers died while doing part of DS's hair cut... had to finish off with the flowbee. LOL.

Old 10-09-2016, 03:26 PM   #1423
Give me a forum ...

Not the most recent thing I ordered, but one of the most useful: a hand held steamer.

https://www.amazon.com/Handheld-Mult...eywords=dbtech
Old 10-09-2016, 03:33 PM   #1424
Give me a forum ...

Two new cookie sheets and coffee pods
Old 10-12-2016, 10:32 AM   #1425
Recycles dryer sheets

A new remote control for my ROKU box. Old one was lost when it dropped 9 floors down an elevator shaft.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:41 AM   #1426
Recycles dryer sheets

My latest order included pig ears for the pup, organic vanilla syrup for coffee, bulk granola bars, paper plates, and a new humidifier.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:53 PM   #1427
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorgirl02 View Post
My latest order included pig ears for the pup, ..........
Don't these look sort of silly on a dog?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pig ears.jpg (6.0 KB, 218 views)
Old 10-12-2016, 02:58 PM   #1428
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
Don't these look sort of silly on a dog?

Perfect for Halloween
Old 10-13-2016, 04:11 AM   #1429
Dryer sheet wannabe

new phonecase and a lotion for my face
Old 10-13-2016, 11:38 AM   #1430
Confused about dryer sheets

Neato Robot Vacuum ---> Great for picking up dog hair. First robot vacuum we have ever owned. I would buy a Botvac Connected robot vacuum today.

Our hardwood floors always are clean.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:31 PM   #1431
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska_Kid View Post
Neato Robot Vacuum ---> Great for picking up dog hair. First robot vacuum we have ever owned. I would buy a Botvac Connected robot vacuum today.

Our hardwood floors always are clean.
I bought the Neato for that exact reason, suppose to be great for dog hair. Didn't find out that it doesn't work well on dark flooring until I got it and read the instructions. It doesn't tell you that online. My kitchen flooring is light colored and it has no problem navigating. My dining room floor is dark wood and living room is dark carpeting and it seems to get confused. Even tried it out in our garage and as soon as it gets off the concrete and starts on the black carpet rubber mats it seems to lose navigation. Hope you have better luck with yours.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:54 AM   #1432
Dryer sheet wannabe

Suaoki DC 12V Portable Mini Air Compressor Tire Inflator

EatSmart Precision Tracker Digital Bathroom Scale

Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser
Old 10-15-2016, 12:40 PM   #1433
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
A new remote control for my ROKU box. Old one was lost when it dropped 9 floors down an elevator shaft.
WHAT?? there has to be more to the story then that...
Old 10-15-2016, 07:50 PM   #1434
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
WHAT?? there has to be more to the story then that...
I was thinking that too. We want the 'rest of the story'!

And how can it be lost? It sounds like you know exactly where it is - right at the bottom of that elevator shaft. I'm confused?

-ERD50
Old 10-15-2016, 09:00 PM   #1435
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitwdw View Post
I bought the Neato for that exact reason, suppose to be great for dog hair. Didn't find out that it doesn't work well on dark flooring until I got it and read the instructions. It doesn't tell you that online. My kitchen flooring is light colored and it has no problem navigating. My dining room floor is dark wood and living room is dark carpeting and it seems to get confused. Even tried it out in our garage and as soon as it gets off the concrete and starts on the black carpet rubber mats it seems to lose navigation. Hope you have better luck with yours.

I have a Romba and it has no problems going from my beige tile in the kitchen to dark hardwood and several area rugs . I love this gadget .
Old 10-16-2016, 06:56 AM   #1436
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
I have a Romba and it has no problems going from my beige tile in the kitchen to dark hardwood and several area rugs . I love this gadget .
My girlfriend has a Roomba and has no problem with her Roomba going from light to dark flooring. The main reason I bought the Neato was a review saying that it picked up pet hair better. Get this, I don't have a pet but was planning on a new furry buddy when my husband got sick.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:55 AM   #1437
Recycles dryer sheets

Hitachi RB24eap leaf blower on deal of the day for $103. CR #3 rated handheld gas blower.
To replace my 24 year old John Deere blower(getting weak and hard to start)
Old 10-16-2016, 05:59 PM   #1438
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
I was thinking that too. We want the 'rest of the story'!

And how can it be lost? It sounds like you know exactly where it is - right at the bottom of that elevator shaft. I'm confused?

-ERD50
The story is that we went to Myrtle Beach a couple of weeks ago, staying on the 9th floor of a 20 story timeshare building. I took the ROKU with me to see if we could get it to work while traveling away from home. We were leaving very early in the morning and had all our luggage and several plastic storage bins of "stuff" stacked on one of those luggage carts. The ROKU plus remote was packed in a plastic storage box on top of the pile on the luggage cart. As we were struggling to get the luggage cart turned thru the door to the elevator the storage box containing the ROKU fell off the pile and hit half in and half out of the elevator. Of course the lid to the storage container popped off and everything inside spilled out. The ROKU remote was small enough that it slipped thru the gap where the elevator door closes. I could hear the remote hitting on the way down.

I figured it would be waste of time trying to get someone from maintenance to try to retrieve it, besides it was about 6:30 AM and I doubt anyone was around that early in the morning. It might have been broken anyway. The replacement remote was just under $7.00 with free shipping thru Amazon Prime. And now you know the rest of the story.
What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?
Old 10-16-2016, 06:34 PM   #1439
Recycles dryer sheets

What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

A pair of 4"x4" poly deck post sleeves and end caps. I buried it 30" in the ground and placed my bird feeder post into it. Now the post is removable for the summer if desired.
Old 10-16-2016, 06:58 PM   #1440
Recycles dryer sheets

Still painting....ergonomic paint brushes, wood epoxy and sandpaper.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum