Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-02-2016, 09:12 PM   #1541
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
Bought for a white elephant exchange.

Attachment 25017
I'm sure it will make the white elephant exchanges for years to come!

(BTW - I hope DD never sees it. As much as I like hot dogs, I might end up with one!)
Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2016, 11:13 PM   #1542
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
I have noticed when Amazon does not have an item in stock they sometimes still list it for sale and will give a delivery date of 2 weeks to 2 months later when they feel they will be available even when it is Prime eligible. I have never gone ahead and ordered when it is out that far.
At least y'all aren't ordering Pixel XL phones from VZ Wireless. I ordered a couple on 10/27 with a ship date of 12/2. I just got an email saying they "might" be available by 1/13. I'll probably end up cancelling the order.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:03 PM   #1543

I got a new Logitech wireless mouse today. The new one is a smaller version of the old one. Every time I posted on the forum I would get a notice that I had just posted the same thing a second time. The mouse was sending two clicks instead of one. Lousy electrical stuff... I only bought the old one 6 or 7 years ago. I paid $5 for it too!
Old 12-07-2016, 11:55 AM   #1544
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
Another Amazon rant - I ordered some woodworking clamps on 11/19. I thought it was odd that the delivery date listed was 12/21. A couple of days ago, it was still listed to be delivered 12/21. A month and 2 days after order. Must not have been eligible for prime. I couldn't wait. I went to the store and bought some more.
I contacted the seller asking where my package was. They said to contact my neighbors, look in my mailbox again, and contact USPS. I did, and USPS tells me that they delivered my package to a house about a mile away. Now the mail lady has to ask the people for my package, that she delivered it to the wrong house. This could get ugly.
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 12:15 PM   #1545

Quote:
I contacted the seller asking where my package was. They said to contact my neighbors, look in my mailbox again, and contact USPS. I did, and USPS tells me that they delivered my package to a house about a mile away. Now the mail lady has to ask the people for my package, that she delivered it to the wrong house. This could get ugly.
That happened to me a few months ago. No result until I got the postal inspectors involved, then quick action. The mail carrier rang the doorbell one day and handed me the package, along with profuse apologies. He said it happened on his day off, so he blamed the substitute, but who knows?
braumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 05:03 PM   #1546

Quote:
I have Amazon trained. They never use USPS because USPS refuses to deliver to my address. This works very well for me.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:45 PM   #1547
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
That happened to me a few months ago. No result until I got the postal inspectors involved, then quick action. The mail carrier rang the doorbell one day and handed me the package, along with profuse apologies. He said it happened on his day off, so he blamed the substitute, but who knows?
True - who knows what goes on there. I get the felling I'm going to have good results too. The USPS guy I talked to on the phone seemed like he was going to make a mission out of getting my package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
I have Amazon trained. They never use USPS because USPS refuses to deliver to my address. This works very well for me.
I wish they wouldn't deliver here either, mail lady leaves my mailbox door open almost daily. Luckily I don't get too many Amazon packages delivered by USPS - only small stuff.
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 06:31 PM   #1548

I ordered a Sous Vide immersion cooker for my wife for Xmas. We are active on the Discuss Cooking site and she wants to try one.

Souschef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:33 PM   #1549
Give me a forum ...

Yep. Winter is here. Just ordered a portable heater. The bad news..won't for a few days, despite having Amazon Prime. The good news, gonna get down to single digits in about a week so I can give this a good test.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg heater.jpg (402.7 KB, 33 views)
Old 12-11-2016, 11:41 AM   #1550
Give me a forum ...

Two pair of Yac Trax pro! Hope that fixes the falling on ice problem.

https://goo.gl/images/fn0MgR
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 12:13 PM   #1551
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
Two pair of Yac Trax pro! Hope that fixes the falling on ice problem.

https://goo.gl/images/fn0MgR
Good idea! I have heard that Yac Trax work really well. With any luck, (hopefully) it won't happen again for a long time if ever.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 12:19 PM   #1552

A level 5 faber and faber performance piano book. Younger son is moving up a level and older son had removed pages from the book (that are now disappeared) when he used the book.

Yesterday we received a basketball, basketball pump, and 4 pairs of earbuds. Earbuds were small gifts for the boys for their birthdays this week. Younger son is in pre-season of basketball - our old pump was dead and most of the old balls were flat...

On the instant pot topic - I ordered when Chuckanut first posted the link - we've used it many times already. It's bulky and we had to clear out a cupboard for storing it... but the beef stew I made in it last night was awesome!!! Last week we made the pork chili that Audrey posted the recipe to - substituting ingredients we had on stock (red salsa instead of salsa verde for example).... Came out GREAT - and the kids are demanding more. And since older son is on soft food - having meat that is tender and falls apart is a good thing. Definitely a great purchase.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:45 PM   #1553
Give me a forum ...

Some Amcrest Wifi Cameras, a couple of Dlink Wifi Water Sensors, and 2 pair of 2x4 open bar steel brackets for barring the back garage door (our most vulnerable house access). Almost ready to shut the place down and head for FL. It's getting cold.

Also, a pretty cool folding high chair for the new-ish DGD. It's like one of those collapsing camping chairs that fold up and get shoved into a carrying bag. It should be pretty handy for DD.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:04 PM   #1554
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Amazon Echo Dot.

DW is constantly talking to herself, so thought maybe she would enjoy having another woman to discuss things with.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:08 PM   #1555
Give me a forum ...

hamilton beach ride steamer
Old 12-11-2016, 01:14 PM   #1556

Just ordered a knee compression sleeve to help with the swelling from my recent knee replacement. I need the swelling to go down so I can make more progress with my range of motion.
scrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 01:30 PM   #1557
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Amazon Echo Dot.

DW is constantly talking to herself, so thought maybe she would enjoy having another woman to discuss things with.
I ordered three Echo Dots: One for DW and one for each of the two step daughters who all chatter endlessly like their Mom. Now they each have a new friend like your DW!
Old 12-14-2016, 12:45 PM   #1558
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
Good idea! I have heard that Yac Trax work really well. With any luck, (hopefully) it won't happen again for a long time if ever.
They're great. Don't even know we're wearing them.

Right now Amazon has a special on returned ones. One box was ripped the other new. The Trax appear brand new and for less than half price you cannot go wrong.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:26 PM   #1559

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
They're great. Don't even know we're wearing them.

Right now Amazon has a special on returned ones. One box was ripped the other new. The Trax appear brand new and for less than half price you cannot go wrong.
I got some of those for Christmas last year. I went over to a neighbors house tonight and noticed I was walking around their car on pure ice. I went around the other side when I left, but had to go behind their car. I got on some ice and hit the ground hard. Maybe I should wear those things all winter. Just in case.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:43 PM   #1560
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
I got some of those for Christmas last year. I went over to a neighbors house tonight and noticed I was walking around their car on pure ice. I went around the other side when I left, but had to go behind their car. I got on some ice and hit the ground hard. Maybe I should wear those things all winter. Just in case.
Yes you should! Hope you are OK. If I lived in your area, I'd be seriously careful about falling on ice. Falls can be so dangerous.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote