Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-27-2014, 01:13 PM   #201
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Apparently, some people if they have been to Europe or even Montreal or Quebec still eat only hamburger at McDonald's , because they have not had terrine.

Terrine is a kind of meat loaf, but with a lot of interesting variations, not boring as American meat loaf. And it is certainly not any yuckier than meat loaf, and less scary than sausage.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2014, 01:36 PM   #202
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post

Terrine is a kind of meat loaf, but with a lot of interesting variations, not boring as American meat loaf. And it is certainly not any yuckier than meat loaf, and less scary than sausage.

Any good recipes?

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #203
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by misanman View Post
Accounts are sharable between members of the same "household". I guess it depends on how you interpret "household". To me it would mean the same address.
Well, the daughters involved do have a room each in the home and live here from time to time. One is in college, the other between husbands. DW does live here full time. I guess it's not quite time for the handcuffs to be put on me yet.
aja8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:38 PM   #204
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Apparently, some people if they have been to Europe or even Montreal or Quebec still eat only hamburger at McDonald's , because they have not had terrine.

How did you get that from my cat food joke?
Old 06-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #205
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckanut View Post
Any good recipes?
There are so many on the Web. I have done only a few; I like liver, hence make pâté more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post

How did you get that from my cat food joke?
How are you sure my post was directed at you?

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 06-27-2014, 05:21 PM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
Really? ours is shared between three different locations. All they asked for was family member name, relationship, e-mail address and birthday (birthday optional).
Interesting. I'll have to go read the fine print on that. One of my sisters is on a tight budget right now and she'd probably appreciate it if she could piggyback on my prime membership.

I live in WV, she's in GA. We'll see.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:47 PM   #207
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
Really? ours is shared between three different locations. All they asked for was family member name, relationship, e-mail address and birthday (birthday optional).
Looks like you pulled a fast one:

Quote:
Share Your Amazon Prime Benefits

Free or paid Amazon Prime members can share their shipping benefits with up to four additional family members living in the same household. If you purchase a Prime membership for a small business, you may invite up to four co-workers to shop with this corporate account. Other Amazon Prime membership benefits such as Prime Instant Video, Prime Music, and the Kindle Owners' Lending Library can't be shared.
Amazon.com Help: Share Your Amazon Prime Benefits
Old 06-27-2014, 06:24 PM   #208
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
Interesting. I'll have to go read the fine print on that. One of my sisters is on a tight budget right now and she'd probably appreciate it if she could piggyback on my prime membership.

It would seem that you could share free Prime shipping if you had an agreement to order under the same username and either reimburse the actual buyer or use multiple credit cards.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:29 AM   #209
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post

Can't you just order the stuff on your Prime and have the purchase shipped to your sister? You can save an ship to address book in Amazon.

I did that not long ago for my sister when helping her build a shed. I picked up something which made no sense to deliver to my place the me stuff that in an already packed car to bring over.

I'm assuming your sister would gladly reimburse you for ordering the stuff for her.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:31 AM   #210
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
Can't you just order the stuff on your Prime and have the purchase shipped to your sister? You can save an ship to address book in Amazon...........
Yea, that's what I was implying in post 208, above.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:38 AM   #211
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
Yea, that's what I was implying in post 208, above.
Yes.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:51 AM   #212
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
There are so many on the Web. I have done only a few; I like liver, hence make pâté more often.

How are you sure my post was directed at you?
I like the "les trois petits cochons" brand (three little pigs). Great product line. I've made pâté before, but prefer to occasionally buy it instead.

Actually, DH specifically refers to it as "Audrey's cat food". He is not a huge fan.

http://3pigs.com
Old 06-28-2014, 08:52 AM   #213
Gone but not forgotten

Ordered "recertified new" Roku 3 for the bedroom. $79 free shipping.
Good luck so far on all recertified and refurbished items. Will advise.

I don't have Prime. My son... 300 mi away has Prime, so I share his free Prime movies (not the shipping)... In turn, he doesn't have Netflix, so shares mine.
No problems.

BTW... If you have two media players, you can stream two different or even the same movie at the same time. ... as in sometimes I want to go to bed early, and watch in the bedroom, while DW is watching the same show in the living room. Not sure how this would work with a slow connection, but works fine for us.
imoldernu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:08 AM   #214
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
Actually, DH specifically refers to it as "Audrey's cat food". He is not a huge fan.

Les Trois Petits Cochonsâ„¢ - The Three Little Pigs
What a shame! I like liver, and can eat pâté any time. My son is also a fan, finicky eater as he is.

Handling liver is messy. What I have found is blanching chicken liver firms it up, and makes the handling easier. And I usually use 50/50 chicken liver and ground pork.

Time to make some!

Old 06-28-2014, 03:01 PM   #215
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by imoldernu View Post
Ordered "recertified new" Roku 3 for the bedroom. $79 free shipping.
Good luck so far on all recertified and refurbished items. Will advise.

I don't have Prime. My son... 300 mi away has Prime, so I share his free Prime movies (not the shipping)... In turn, he doesn't have Netflix, so shares mine.
No problems.

BTW... If you have two media players, you can stream two different or even the same movie at the same time. ... as in sometimes I want to go to bed early, and watch in the bedroom, while DW is watching the same show in the living room. Not sure how this would work with a slow connection, but works fine for us.
Be careful setting up the re-certified Roku 3 as we bought 2 of them recently (DD has one now). We had difficulty pairing the remotes on both. We had to call Roku support and verify the procedure, which was different than in the instructions. I can't remember what we did, but we finally got them paired.
aja8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:45 AM   #216
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
Nice wallet, easysurfer! It looks like it will hold a lot without being too bulky.
I got that wallet yesterday. But it's huge. After filling it up with my money, id and credit cards, key, and some other things like a few bandages for emergencies, the wallet comes to around 1 3/4" thick. No way would it fit in the back pocket. I'm a front pants pocket wearer anyhow.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #217
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
I got that wallet yesterday. But it's huge. After filling it up with my money, id and credit cards, key, and some other things like a few bandages for emergencies, the wallet comes to around 1 3/4" thick. No way would it fit in the back pocket. I'm a front pants pocket wearer anyhow.
Agh!! Thanks for the information. That's way too thick for most people. The picture made it look thinner than that, to me. I appreciate your post, because I was very honestly thinking of ordering one like that, and I had even bookmarked it.

I do carry a purse, but I prefer to keep its weight at a minimum. Consequently I usually carry a smaller wallet than most other women. This one is just too big for me and I didn't realize it.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:09 PM   #218
Moderator Emeritus

I just sent a cookbook and a children's book to DS and his family from Amazon. Next up for us here is ordering clear trash bags (best ever for storing things in the basement--keeps the dust out but you can see what is in them), which I can't find anywhere other than on Amazon.

We have Prime for the shipping but honestly I would pay more for it just because I could watch four seasons of Justified using it, not to mention Curious George videos .
Old 07-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #219
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
Agh!! Thanks for the information. That's way too thick for most people. The picture made it look thinner than that, to me. I appreciate your post, because I was very honestly thinking of ordering one like that, and I had even bookmarked it.

I do carry a purse, but I prefer to keep its weight at a minimum. Consequently I usually carry a smaller wallet than most other women. This one is just too big for me and I didn't realize it.
You're welcome. I still like the wallet because it holds the spare key fine. But we'll see after I bring it out and about.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #220
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Last night (around 8PM) I ordered a four-pack of Dial hand wash anti-bacterial soap. When I went outside today around 12:15 PM the package was at the front door. The Amazon website states the package was delivered at 10:47 AM.
redduck is offline   Reply With Quote