What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

So, the order was placed on 6/24, which was last Tuesday. I got the garage remotes on Sat 6/28, but where is the windshield washer pump?

Logged onto Amazon. It says "Preparing for shipment". What preparation? It has been 1 week. It sounds like they don't have it on their shelf, and have to go out to get it. By the way, this item is shown as sold by Amazon, not an outside vendor.

Contact Amazon - I've had a couple items seem to get 'stuck', even when they still show 'in stock' on-line. They suddenly ship hours later. Just a glitch I think.

One time they said something about I used 'rewards' for part of the payment, but those rewards were not fully credited yet, or still WIP or something? Then why did they appear for me to use? I assume they got that bug fixed.

-ERD50

That looks very nice! I notice one of the reviews says that he has operated it for over 30 hours without needing new batteries.
Yeah isn't LED stuff great? Our LED camping lantern (too bulky to pack) is supposed to run for 20 hours on bright mode, something like 7 days on dim. It is crazy.

I bought a Florida Gators cane for my SO who will be having knee surgery in the near future and is a giant Florida Gators fan .

We stopped ordering anything physical from Amazon a couple of years ago because the shipping costs were frequently more than the cost of the books etc. :mad: We still use Amazon for e-books but that is all.

For free delivery of books, we like the Fishpond service. :)

Yeah isn't LED stuff great? Our LED camping lantern (too bulky to pack) is supposed to run for 20 hours on bright mode, something like 7 days on dim. It is crazy.
LED Lantern is very useful. Handy in the attic, back yard, and in small work space (does not give off much heat).

Latest purchase was a set of Briggs and Stratton power washer nozzles. Cheaper than a stores off brand set, and delivered next day for free, as they added it to an order placed previous day with Prime.

N
The challenge is deciding which color nozzle to use. The original three nozzles were obviously different in pressure and color. Now I have to pause and try them out. Playing with water in the back yard is so much fun.

We stopped ordering anything physical from Amazon a couple of years ago because the shipping costs were frequently more than the cost of the books etc.
You shouldn't have to pay for shipping from Amazon since it is free for orders over $35.

Either buy enough books at once or stack your order with their ever expanding inventory of other household items. Cat food, household cleaner, light bulbs, spices, etc. there is almost always something to stock up on.

Last edited:
Update on previous post - after using my new Breville Smart Oven for several weeks, I really like it. Large enough for a casserole or frozen pizza, good controls, shuts off automatically when time is done. Excellent purchase! If it weren't for this thread, I probably would have bought another cheapo toaster oven, so thanks!

One of those folding camp chairs with a cooler bag hanging off of it. Made a resolution to myself to get to the beach more often this summer. Need more than a beach towel to sit on. :)

One of those folding camp chairs with a cooler bag hanging off of it....
Like one of those mentioned near the end of this clip?

After giving away my 30+-year old cheap dining table via Craigslist, I just ordered from Amazon a nice little table for my new digs for under $100 (which includes ~$50 in shipping charges).

51WDRyAU8-L.jpg

Running belt by Camden Gear. Want to use an iPhone running app and I don't think I'd like an iPhone armband. It can clearly hold an iPhone. Hoping to get rid of slight spare tire. (I can dream, can't I?) :)

- a new carbon filter for my air purifier
- some shower gel and a pack of sea sponges

A memory foam bed for my old lab, thinking it might keep him from using my memory foam bed - not that I mind him being on the bed but I'm afraid he will hurt himself jumping down as he is not a young pup anymore.

I bought Ziploc Big Bags (XL). They are definitely large--actually extra large. Could easily keep a severed head in one, with plenty of room left over for shoes and carrots.

A case for my new continuous glucose monitoring system. The one it came with sucked big time.

My mom finally said she wanted a Kindle. I ordered her a Kindle paperwhite with one of those incredibly expensive covers that turns on the Kindle when you open it.

Prime member. Chalk it up to entertainment budget because I've never calculated if it makes sense with respect to shipping charges.

Today I ordered:

• 5 t-shirts with funny sayings, to wear to the gym
  • long-handled back scrubber (ahhh!)
  • computer mouse

redduck, I love those! Great for keeping out of season clothes in, and we used them when we lived on the sailboat to transport clean clothes from the laundromat by (sometimes very wet) dinghy ride back to the mooring!

I just ordered three mower blades for the bushhog, a new keypad for the auto gate opener, and a replacement shocker collar for the Houdini dog.

Last night (around 8PM) I ordered a four-pack of Dial hand wash anti-bacterial soap. When I went outside today around 12:15 PM the package was at the front door. The Amazon website states the package was delivered at 10:47 AM.

Haven't had that experience with Amazon, but I have ordered stuff from Canada, "standard" shipping that arrived on my doorstep next to the TX-MX border in less than 24 hours. Boggles the mind!

Back
Top Bottom