What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

I minored in Chem, but I must admit it was an effort....

Life is so easy to understand when you choose to ignore anything that doesn't fit what you want to believe. But will it help you?

-ERD50

Time has passed, and I hated that swivel barstool more and more as time went by. (I don't know why I used the plural in my post above, because luckily I only bought one.) My swivel barstool not only didn't float my boat, it became as annoying as a pebble in my shoe or a thorn in my sock, and was the source of considerable grumbling under my breath.

So, last week I got what for me is a *MUCH* better barstool. It's cheap, extremely sturdy, just the right height, comfortable, not terribly heavy, and doesn't take much room. This one I really like! It doesn't look comfortable but it really is, and in every desirable quality it is just right. So, I ordered another yesterday and might order a third one later on.

I guess this is one case in which the cheaper option actually is better. THIS one floats my boat. :D It requires felt adhesive pads to protect my hardwood floor, but they didn't cost much either.

I have the same exact thing! And I love it too! The contour of the seat fits my bottom perfectly LOL. I got it at Bed Bath & Beyond years ago. When I was moving and giving away tons of furniture, a friend of mine asked me if I was getting rid of it and I said it was coming with me. It didn't cost much but I really like it. My friend got my designer couch though.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:
I have the same exact thing! And I love it too! The contour of the seat fits my bottom perfectly LOL. I got it at Bed Bath & Beyond years ago. When I was moving and giving away tons of furniture, a friend of mine asked me if I was getting rid of it and I said it was coming with me. It didn't cost much but I really like it. My friend got my designer couch though.

I love mine too! In fact yesterday I ordered two more so I will have four of them. They are comfortable, just the right height, don't take up much space, and they are light and easy to move around.

60 pilot point 5/16" drill bits, 60 sets of two 1/8" drill bits, 60 5/16" nut drivers. 1 each per customer per greenhouse. Retirement gig gone wild.

Brake rotors and pads for the Beemer. Cheaper than anyplace else I could find (and WAAY less than from the parts dept at the BMW stealership).

I was listening to a story on NPR yesterday about so called "natural" foods, and they were talking about what was done to orange juice. They store it in giant vats, remove the oxygen which makes it flavorless, then add in packets of flavoring from oranges before packaging it. It's all natural, since it all comes from the orange, but they said all you need to do is taste fresh squeezed and you'd understand the difference between "natural" on the package and really natural.

I've been thinking about planting an orange tree myself, although I'm also considering an avocado. We've got an incredible mango tree, but they ripen after we head back north so I've never tasted them.

The Canadian consumer show Marketplace did a spot on orange juice - just what you said but in a taste test, people preferred fresh squeezed LESS because people are so used to the post-processed flavoured OJ and really have forgot what fresh squeezed tastes like now.

To keep OT, I purchased a meat thermometer last month from Amazon. 1/2 the price at .com vs .ca - even with the poor CDN exchange.

So, last week I got what for me is a *MUCH* better barstool. It's cheap, extremely sturdy, just the right height, comfortable, not terribly heavy, and doesn't take much room. This one I really like! It doesn't look comfortable but it really is, and in every desirable quality it is just right. So, I ordered another yesterday and might order a third one later on.

We picked one of these up for our apartment. $5 at Salvation Army. The DW gets a special thrill for every 'find' like this she comes up with. On a related note, she's pretty much the reason I'm not approaching my 60's with $0 in the bank...

Life is so easy to understand when you choose to ignore anything that doesn't fit what you want to believe. But will it help you?

-ERD50

I'm not sure I need help. If you actually read my post, all I did was report about a story I heard on NPR, which backed up Rosie saying how wonderful the fresh squeezed is. I didn't make any moral judgments about processed, organic, or vat grown foods. And I certainly didn't ask for a lecture. So I think my video response was right on track. If you don't like it, the ignore button is pretty easy to find.

I'm not sure I need help. If you actually read my post, all I did was report about a story I heard on NPR, which backed up Rosie saying how wonderful the fresh squeezed is. I didn't make any moral judgments about processed, organic, or vat grown foods. And I certainly didn't ask for a lecture. So I think my video response was right on track. If you don't like it, the ignore button is pretty easy to find.

Sorry, I mis-interpreted the intent of your post. I apologize, and am moving on. I did not intend to 'lecture', but rather to inform.

I prefer not to use the "Ignore" button (and I certainly have no trouble "finding it"!), it strikes me as a "head in the sand" approach, but of course, others can do as they wish.

-ERD50

Your video response told me that you found ERD50's post on orange juice boring. My personal reaction was that this was a petty way to respond.

For the record, I found that post to be interesting and informative.

Well, I'm glad that's done with.
But, what am I going to do with the Ignore Button that Amazon is sending me?

You could exchange it for this button :LOL::

BS Button.jpg

81lYKl9yzbL._SX522_.jpg

Amazon link

A gift for my husband who turns 70 this year and never has reached his feet very well even though he is skinny.

Last edited:
Is the amazon.com ignore button that redduck is getting similar to the bright red history eraser button from Ren and Stimpy?

My latest purchase from amazon was a 2 ring mini binder and hole punched index cards. This is for the son that is struggling in spanish so he can write his vocab words and study them.

Last edited:
A new cooking grid for the propane grill, the original has deteriorated too much.

And I've always wanted one of these - a five pound Hershey's chocolate bar. DW is gonna yell at me over that one.

On impulse, a one pound Snickers bar.

Attachments

• Chocolate_bar.jpg
    Chocolate_bar.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Snickers_bar.jpg
    Snickers_bar.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 13
A new cooking grid for the propane grill, the original has deteriorated too much.

And I've always wanted one of these - a five pound Hershey's chocolate bar. DW is gonna yell at me over that one.

On impulse, a one pound Snickers bar.

Be still my heart!!! If I ever find out that I have two weeks to live, I'm ordering that five pound Hershey bar for SURE. :D (With the one day delivery option.)

You might want to order the giant Hersheys now, eat it in a day or two. After eating it, you probably will feel you only have two weeks to live--so then you can order (and eat) another one. Best guess is, you will die fat and happy within two weeks.

Be still my heart!!! If I ever find out that I have two weeks to live, I'm ordering that five pound Hershey bar for SURE. :D (With the one day delivery option.)

It's been on my wish list there for ~3 years, I figured it was about time while the weather is cool. Actually it was only about 5 years ago that I found out such a thing even existed - it was a prize in some raffle.

And true to my prediction, DW was NOT happy about my buying it. She says I have to keep it hidden from her.:LOL:

My SIL gave me one of those one pound Snickers Bars for Christmas. Actually better than a regular Snickers as it has more peanuts. Still eating on it...

Back
Top Bottom