Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-26-2015, 06:23 PM   #61
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marita40 View Post
Peanut M & M's. Just can't say no to them. Also, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Ditto.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Revlefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2015, 06:29 PM   #62
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
..........Gave up diet soda a while back, because of its harmfulness to teeth. .......
Me, too, but because it seems to trick your body into storing extra fat.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:30 PM   #63
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
......... I have that five-pound Hershey bar on the Amazon wish list and this winter I'm going to order one.
Trader Joe has some belly buster chocolate bars - like about a pound each.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:47 PM   #64
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
I'm confused. The thread title is "worst foods", yet all the examples so far are best foods - tasty and delicious. Potato chips, pork rinds, chocolate, ice cream, pizza, etc. I'll add cheese, sausage, pigs knuckle, sour pickles, and pie. Yum.

For me the worst foods are those gawdawful wheatgrass juices, veggie soy-burgers, spelt pies with carob, protein shakes with flaxseed oil. Many others, these are just a few examples. Nothing can be done to make them taste good.
Finally, the voice of reason!

I think the whole idea of 'bad foods' and 'good foods' is counterproductive. If you need to watch your weight, eat whatever you like, just watch total portion size. I've lost ~ 25 # the first 5 months of this year, and I have managed to keep it off so far (weigh in every morning helps to keep me aware and involved). I have not cut out any food (or beverage) at all. For two months I was eating ice cream every night, with a maraschino cherry and some of the juice, whipped cream most nights, and some almonds and a bit of chocolate sauce, as DW bought more than enough for a big party we had. But I had a small portion. You have to get your head around the idea that a small portion gives you the taste, enjoy it, and that's it. It isn't easy (but gets easier over time as you adjust, and I actually am grossed out by the portion sizes I used to eat - that's a meal and lunch for me now), but it's not that tough either, and it ain't rocket science.

DW started on all the smoothies, which have a bunch of sugar in them from the fruit, but are highly acclaimed as 'good food'. No comment on whether she has lost any weight or not. And they look like... well, never mind.

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:52 PM   #65
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I make my own ice cream. I always have a batch on hand but I eat in moderation. My current batch is passion fruit made with fresh passion fruit. I've even made bacon ice cream.

My "bad food" weakness was Cheezits. I could go through a Costco size box in no time. So they have been banished from the house for the past 15 years.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:53 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash man View Post
Oreo cookies. Resistance is futile.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
ownyourfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:58 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODude View Post
Rarely have them since retired, but probably the Cheetos that I couldn't resist from the vending machine in the break room.
I was exactly the same when I was at work.
Funny thing is, once in a while I'd buy a bag to eat at home, but they never seemed to taste as good.

Maybe the ones @ work tasted better because they were in a small bag out of the machine which means they cost about $10.00 a pound
Old 10-26-2015, 07:05 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
Most people cringe when I mention I eat a frozen pizza nearly every night. Other than the high sodium they really aren't too bad for you. I've had 200+ every year for the last several years and i'm in very good health. I also eat a couple peanut butter sandwiches nearly every day. I'm not the cookie monster that I once was but I still eat 2-4 cookies 1-2 days a week.
What brand of frozen pizza ?
Old 10-26-2015, 07:20 PM   #69
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownyourfuture View Post
What brand of frozen pizza ?
Tombstone brick oven style
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:12 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
Tombstone brick oven style
Don't think I've ever had the brick oven style. Going shopping later tonight, maybe I'll give one a try.

Back in the 80s, my cousin had an original tombstone pizza maker.
The ones that were only available in bars ?

I swear it made them taste better
Old 10-26-2015, 08:17 PM   #71

While I don't keep sweets in the house. No ice cream, candy bars, sweet rolls, donuts etc, I do occasionally give in to the following 'guilty pleasure' items.

#1 Banquet Turkey Potpies: You might think I'm crazy, but if I make them in the oven, I think they're delicious. I only allow myself to have them once or twice a year, 2 each time.

#2 Tulip Street Bakery Mini Eclairs: I haven't had these for about two years now. I'd set about 7 of them on a plate & slowly microwave until slightly warm. I bought a box about twice a year. YUMMY!!

#3 Hy-Vee grocery stores in-house brand of chip dip. I haven't had this for at least 2 years.
I think it's called bacon cheddar sour cream. Give me a container of that, & a bag of plain Old Dutch Ripples Potato Chips. OMG, the amount of sodium in the dip & sodium combined with Grease in the chips.
Heaven

#4 Burger King A-1 Bacon Cheeseburger Combo Meal.
I started doing a lot of cooking at home about 5 years ago. Because the food tastes better, & is also better for you, I rarely eat fast/junk food anymore. However, about once a month, I get a craving for a good juicy cheeseburger. This is the best one I've found, & I'm counting regular restaurants.
I bought a bottle of A-1 steak sauce and tried to duplicate it at home. FAIL

#5 Hormel Compleats Chicken Alfredo. So delicious, so easy to heat in the microwave, so much sodium!!
I'm gradually weaning myself from these. Hormel makes about seven or eight varieties of these meals & this is the only one I like. Apparently I'm not the only one, because luckily for me, when I go to look for them, many times the Alfredo is sold out.

#6 Red Baron 4 Meat Pizza. Another one I'm trying to wean myself off of. I eat these about twice a month.
I also like DiGiorno, but I refuse to pay 'more' for a pizza that's about 90% crust.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:37 PM   #72

Celery.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:54 PM   #73
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcgang View Post
Celery.
Organic?
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote