What is your favorite tool ?

freebird5825

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My faithful old 4 prong cultivator (circa 1984 or so) keeps coming apart, so I push the head back on, tighten the compression sleeve on the handle, weed a little, head comes off...rinse and repeat...:(
So I treated myself to a brand new one today.
I use it for vegetable/flower gardening, my favorite hobby. :D

When I was at Lowe's and Harbor Freight today, I saw a lot of tools of all varieties and uses.

What is YOUR tried and true favorite tool (or device) that you use in your favorite hobby ? Include a picture or link if you can find one.

Now behave yourselves, kids. :angel:

049206186217.jpg

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=288197-302-1862100&lpage=none

My favorite tool is my pair of Felco pruners. Actually I have 2 sizes.

I have a nice set of hand gardening tools, one good shovel, one good rake, a cultivator and a hoe. Those and a series of buckets and trug tubs are all that I usually use in my vegetable garden.

The rubber mallet assured me it wouldn't get jealous if I posted the cultivator's pic first...:D

Is that so! Since I got my hammer and scissors debating with me which one is the best.

Actually my favorite tool. Its a multi purpose. Is my Leatherman. Has come in handy numerous times verse the single use tools :) I feel like MacGyver with it.;)

Sheep shears for hand trimming. They are cheap, last forever, easy to sharpen and no moving parts to break.

Attachments

• sheepshear.jpg
    sheepshear.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 4
I'm gonna be good...I'm gonna be good....:whistle:

My favorite tool......the butter knife. :blush:

Tie between a Two Pound sledgehammer and a cold forged screwdriver with a 16 inch blade........:)

a MacBook Pro

My pocketknife. The TSA has been trying to get it from me for years.

Nothing beats a hand made tool, especially one you made yourself. :smitten:

Weighing in at over nine pounds this little baby is a dream to use. Lots of solid brass and walnut, took about a month to make.

It's got a big appetite for the finer things in life, like walnut, cherry and mahogany.:cool:

Attachments

• 4580.jpg
    4580.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 7
Vice-grips.

Oh you wicked person! Gonna hang on to all that vice, aren't ya? :LOL:

There's a story about a guy who goes into a Sears store tool dept., and tells the clerk he needs a bigger vise... and three customers passing by suggest some!

Favorite is my 35 yr-old 2-prong weed digger (like a screw-driver with 2 prongs on the end. Of course after all these years the prongs are all rounded off. 2nd is my 25 year old plastic rake. It's on it's 4th or 5th handle (I use handles from worn out brooms). All my other big plastic rakes seem to rot and break off the tines, but this one never did. Least favorite--17 yr-old push mower, 20 yr-old riding mower, 5 yr-old chain saw---I keep em' runnin', but darn I hate small engines.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom