What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that everyone should be seated by the time the movie is actually starting. The lights don't go down at my favorite theaters until after the ads and coming attractions have ended. I'm certainly not going to make sure I'm at my seat before the ads have ended. I've been at theaters where the coming attractions last 15 or 20 minutes. That's absurd and I don't want to sit through all of those.

I love the reserved seating policy at my favorite movie theaters, ......

I agree. The theater we frequent is all stadium seating, with big heated recliners and plenty of room to get in and out without making someone stand.

We book seats on line (no extra charge), so no waiting in lines. Also, when we select our seats we can make sure we are not on top of the screen. If that is all that's available, we pick another show or stay home.

I'm perplexed that anyone sees this as a peeve, but to each their own.:)

Institutions that come up short when sending the 2FA code. Can't get the year end numbers on a large account. Yes, 2020 is the year to move that account somewhere else.
Happy New Year!

On the movie thing. Why, at my library, does everyone want to check out the same movies as I do? OK, I found one no one else will want to see! It's made in 1985, is a foreign film from Sweden, no famous actors, no sex and violence, awful ratings from critics! I check to see if the library has it in it's huge inventory of dvd's. Yes! They have it! And of course...... it's already checked out, due back in one week. Arrgghhhh!

The peeve usually involves being placed next to someone who has bad manners, etc. Or just being placed next to someone, period, when the theater is not full.

I love the reserved seating policy at my favorite movie theaters, which are a short walk from my home. Why do I like the policy? When I'm going to see a movie with friends, I'll usually walk over to the theater earlier in the day to get the tickets and get good seats. We no longer have to arrive at these popular theaters 30 minutes before screen time to be assured of getting decent seats. I know when we need to leave (either my home if I made dinner, or a nearby restaurant) in order to be in our seats before the movie begins. We can avoid the ads and choose to be sitting down in time for all of the coming attractions, or not. And if it's a particularly popular movie or it's a last-minute decision to go see a movie, we'll know before buying the tickets (we can check online) if decent seats are available and we can either select another movie or not go at all. The theaters have stadium seating, so we don't have to worry about someone tall sitting in front of us.

+1 I like reserved seating.... just the other night for Star Wars we arrived early anticipating it would be busy considering that it was a holiday week... but alas it was not so we spent 20 minutes sitting there... I think the snow that fell while we watched the movie may have been the reason why there were som many seats available, but you can never tell. Thank goodness for 4WD.

No need to fix anything. I wrote exactly what I intended to write to make a humorous point.

The above may seem a small point, but, I think it's important that when a person is quoted, the quote is exact and includes enough verbiage so that the original meaning is preserved. We get enough misquotes and out-of-context quotes these days just listening to politicians, pundits and reporters.

I love assigned seats but even more, I LOVE the new recliner seats. Not because they recline so much but because it eliminates one of my pet peeves; jerks who sit behind me and kick my seat!!! I tolerated it for years until finally, one day, I blew up! I had had it, stood up, turned around, and in a loud voice I shouted to stop kicking my f-ing seat you $%^^*(())_)#%$%^$^#$%&#$&^&^&$^&%$*^$%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%#@#$%@$&#*
And FURTHER MORE........
@#$%!@$^@%&#^&$%*$^(%^(^$*&^%%#$%%#@$

WheW!!
No longer a problem.

Two Factor Authorization (2FA)

Where you log into a site and they send a code, typically to your phone or email. You use the code to complete the login process to your account.

Two Factor Authorization (2FA)

Where you log into a site and they send a code, typically to your phone or email. You use the code to complete the login process to your account.

I hate those. I understand some people might want the added security but make it optional so those who don't want it don't have to do it.

I love the reserved seats and especially the ones that recline . No more guessing if you will get a seat to a popular movie .

No need to fix anything. I wrote exactly what I intended to write to make a humorous point.

The above may seem a small point, but, I think it's important that when a person is quoted, the quote is exact and includes enough verbiage so that the original meaning is preserved. We get enough misquotes and out-of-context quotes these days just listening to politicians, pundits and reporters.

Everyone knows it’s “differnt”... [emoji51]

I agree. The theater we frequent is all stadium seating, with big heated recliners and plenty of room to get in and out without making someone stand.

We book seats on line (no extra charge), so no waiting in lines. Also, when we select our seats we can make sure we are not on top of the screen. If that is all that's available, we pick another show or stay home.

I booked seats that were shown to be in front of the screen but towards the left side of the screen...We sit down and we are actually LEFT of the Left Side of the Screen, not in front at all. Ridiculously misleading. And the manager on site offers to do absolutely nothing about it. Won't even walk into the theater to see what I am complaining about --all well before the movie starts by the way--offer me a future free ticket for each misleadingly sold ticket, or at least a free popcorn, for crying out loud--(I won't be back)

I booked seats that were shown to be in front of the screen but towards the left side of the screen...We sit down and we are actually LEFT of the Left Side of the Screen, not in front at all. Ridiculously misleading. And the manager on site offers to do absolutely nothing about it. Won't even walk into the theater to see what I am complaining about --all well before the movie starts by the way--offer me a future free ticket for each misleadingly sold ticket, or at least a free popcorn, for crying out loud--(I won't be back)

Every Theater is different. We aren't too picky on location, except I will not sit in the first 3 rows. They are too close and too low. With reserved seating, I can ensure that I get the type of seat I want.

And, BTW, on Tuesdays we get free popcorn and $5 seats :dance:

That reserved seating sounds awful.

Everyone has their own preferences I suppose. To DW and I, the ability to reserve and pay for seats online is great, especially when the grandkids are with us. We need to sit together and there will be 3 to 5 of us. It's so easy to just go to the theater web site or open their app, pick and pay for the seats and know ahead of time sitting together in a reasonable location isn't going to be a problem.

I love assigned seats but even more, I LOVE the new recliner seats. Not because they recline so much but because it eliminates one of my pet peeves; jerks who sit behind me and kick my seat!!! I tolerated it for years until finally, one day, I blew up! I had had it, stood up, turned around, and in a loud voice I shouted to stop kicking my f-ing seat you $%^^*(())_)#%$%^$^#$%&#$&^&^&$^&%$*^$%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%#@#$%@$&#*
And FURTHER MORE........

WheW!!
No longer a problem.

And how did the 7 year old little girl you were dumping the profanity at respond? :LOL:

Tailgaters. I think I'll have one of these made.

3IIB4XKOFJDJLINWAHFJ4D35IA.jpg

Amazon has that one and a variety of similar bumper stickers. I saw a this on a car last week:

The closer you are
The slower I go

And FURTHER MORE........

WheW!!
No longer a problem.

I hope you brought a SNICKERS bar in with you after that tirade !

And how did the 7 year old little girl you were dumping the profanity at respond? :LOL:
A 7 yo little girl couldn't have reached the back of the seat to kick it.

I hope you brought a SNICKERS bar in with you after that tirade !
Now THAT'S funny. Ha!

Look, this wasn't a one time incident. This was every single time I went to the theater. Either someone in the row behind would kick the row in front of them, or they'd push and rock. The attached seats of a row; the whole row felt the impact or rocking. I learned asking nicely evoked a really bully attitude from the offender along the lines of 'wadda-ya-gonna-do-about-it-old-man'. The theater would do nothing but offer me a refund or pass to another showing. I guess the straw finally broke this camel's back and I got a little more bold and dressed down the kicker. A ****-for-brains pimple popping punk who's only hope for a date was a darkened movie theater so she wouldn't have to look at his pizza mug, trying to impress his date with his he man, badass bully behavior of kicking the seats in front of him then making faces and snort noises when folks turned around to see what was going on. Oops! I mean @#$%%^&#@$^#@^#%^@:greetings10:

Last edited:
Today's pet peeve;
Our local gas station routes traffic to it's islands with large arrows so all vehicles flow in and out easily. There's always some guy that pulls up to the pump in the wrong direction. No matter, I pull up the right direction and wait for him to finish so he can back out and I can move forward the correct direction.

Once another car pulled up behind him, also wanting to the same pump I was waiting for. I walked over to them and explained what the rather large and obvious arrows were for. The guy driving said he didn't see the arrows and was just following the car in front of him. To which I replied, 'thank god he wasn't entering a freeway then'.

To which I replied, 'thank god he wasn't entering a freeway then'.

As my mother used to say when I was a kid - "If so-and-so jumped off a bridge......."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom