Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 05:18 PM   #3941
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

>I go to the grocery store and try to buy imodium, it is under lock and key. I need some adult to sell me imodium?

Yes, and you have to prove that you need it. 🤤
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2019, 05:30 PM   #3942
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
No, tell me it's not true. I go to the grocery store and try to buy imodium, it is under lock and key. I need some adult to sell me imodium?
I heard rumors that was going to be a law some day, but thought that was a few years off. Meanwhile your grocery store is sure making it unnecessarily hard for you. Grrrr…

If you want, you can get Imodium from Amazon right here:

https://www.amazon.com/Imodium-Diarr...s=Imodium&th=1

It's also a little cheaper than most bricks'n'mortar stores charge IIRC (I think they were about $19 for the same box of 48), and with Prime shipping it should arrive quickly.

No, I'm not an addict but I keep some around just in case. Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it, as the saying goes.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
Old 02-06-2019, 06:32 PM   #3943
gone traveling

My pet peeve...still waking up at 4:30 to go to the office.....someday !
Old 02-06-2019, 09:21 PM   #3944
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
No, tell me it's not true. I go to the grocery store and try to buy imodium, it is under lock and key. I need some adult to sell me imodium?

No, these idiots are trying to get high! On imodium! For idiots sake, eat a few hundred and you will get constipated just like opioids.
Beats the crap out of me!
Old 02-11-2019, 08:32 AM   #3945

People who don't know how to communicate. This morning I'm responding to an ad on Facebook marketplace for a tire. Here is the transcript:
Ad shows 4 pictures of the tire that I'm looking for with the title: A piece
Me: What is the DOT date code on these? Is this $100 for just a tire or is the rim included? I need just one, where are these located, I'm in G-town?
Seller: B-town. One have rim one don't
Me: So the price is $100 each? Where and when can I come to see it? How long have you had them?
Seller: Just got them from my grandfather he just past
Me: Ok, I want one. Where can I come pick it up?

So I'm still waiting. waiting. waiting. I can understand if he doesn't know anything about these. But I kinda need to know where the heck it is! I'm trying to buy something and this guy just doesn't get it!
Old 02-11-2019, 08:39 AM   #3946
Recycles dryer sheets

When I am checking out at the grocery store and the clerk asks me, "Did you find everything?"

Why else would I be in line checking out? If I hadn't found everything, I'd still be shopping.

Although, I MUCH prefer this to "Find everything, HON?
Old 02-11-2019, 08:47 AM   #3947
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskyk View Post
When I am checking out at the grocery store and the clerk asks me, "Did you find everything?"
I have been know to respond with "I was looking for Miss Universe, but was unable to locate her".

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Old 02-11-2019, 08:49 AM   #3948
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Why else would I be in line checking out? If I hadn't found everything, I'd still be shopping.

Although, I MUCH prefer this to "Find everything, HON?
Often I will answer with "No, I could not find pistachio pudding, sharp provolone cheese, Hydrox cookies, the small container of 1/2&1/2, etc."

This extremely large store is either out of the item or more likely doesn't carry the stuff. I'm not sure what good telling the cashier does since I doubt if he/she has much say over what is in the inventory.

After that it's a trip to TJ's or the more expensive specialty market nearby. Or even Amazon!!!

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:00 AM   #3949
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo2 View Post
I have been know to respond with "I was looking for Miss Universe, but was unable to locate her".
LOL...now I'm beginning to sense some possibilities in the midst of my irritation.

Thanks for that.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:03 AM   #3950
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckanut View Post
T I'm not sure what good telling the cashier does since I doubt if he/she has much say over what is in the inventory.

After that it's a trip to TJ's or the more expensive specialty market nearby. Or even Amazon!!!

I once shared this peeve with a cashier and asked what they did with the information solicited - like did they have some sort of Lessons Learned on where to place specialty cheeses?

He replied: "We're just supposed to ask - we don't discuss the responses."
Old 02-11-2019, 09:17 AM   #3951
Give me a forum ...

I pay with cash at checkout at most stores, and they ask for phone numbber!
Old 02-12-2019, 08:01 AM   #3952
Give me a forum ...

Clock Radio Alarms That Default to Midnight

After a power outage, our projection clock maintains the time, but turns off the projection. I noticed this as we were getting into bed last night.

I got up to fix it, and in the dark, I pushed the wrong button before pushing the button that turns on the projection. "I hope I didn't turn on an alarm," I said to Lena.

I didn't wake up until 12:08 AM—after eight minutes of the alarm sound in my dreams. When I figured out what had happened, I got up to disable the alarm, needing glasses, light, and flashlight. Because every clock radio seems to have its own interface (not standard), it took me a long time to figure out how to disable the alarm (two alarms, actually Alarm 1 and Alarm 2).

It would be smarter for them to have the alarm default to, say, 11 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:17 AM   #3953
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
After a power outage, our projection clock maintains the time, but turns off the projection. I noticed this as we were getting into bed last night.

I got up to fix it, and in the dark, I pushed the wrong button before pushing the button that turns on the projection. "I hope I didn't turn on an alarm," I said to Lena.

I didn't wake up until 12:08 AM—after eight minutes of the alarm sound in my dreams. When I figured out what had happened, I got up to disable the alarm, needing glasses, light, and flashlight. Because every clock radio seems to have its own interface (not standard), it took me a long time to figure out how to disable the alarm (two alarms, actually Alarm 1 and Alarm 2).

It would be smarter for them to have the alarm default to, say, 11 AM.
Alarm? What is this you speak of?
Old 02-12-2019, 08:23 AM   #3954
Give me a forum ...

Our new neighbor, working on his vehicle at 1:00 AM. Don't hear a thing but his garage light is on. Only light in the entire neighborhood that's on. Really messes up the night sky.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:42 AM   #3955
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Our new neighbor, working on his vehicle at 1:00 AM. Don't hear a thing but his garage light is on. Only light in the entire neighborhood that's on. Really messes up the night sky.
We have a neighbor that leaves his outside lights on day and night.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:42 AM   #3956
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExFlyBoy5 View Post
Alarm? What is this you speak of?
Right. If there were a wire to the speaker that I could clip, I would.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:19 AM   #3957

Chuck roast is now just as expensive as a lot of the other cuts. Chuck roast used to be the cheapest cut out there, for beef. Maybe since chuck roast has a lot of fat and fat used to be 'bad' for you, but now is 'good' for you, or so the new buzz goes. Takes some of the fun out of pot roast.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:34 AM   #3958
Recycles dryer sheets

Cell Phones and people who call from public places to talk about nothing because they are bored.

The conversation is always distracted by what's going on around them and they listen to approx. 50% of what is being said. As well, it becomes a chore just hearing what they are saying due to background noise.

That is not "conversation" in my book.

I'm pretty much done with that and just hang up politely these days.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:56 AM   #3959
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
LOL...now I'm beginning to sense some possibilities in the midst of my irritation.

Thanks for that.

I LOVE going off script with people !

Q: Did you find everything you needed?

A: I found the duct tape and the rope...Do you sell axes, plastic sheeting and shovels? Oh, and I also need bleach and some quick-lime. Do you have those?

Watch their little heads spin as they realize they asked you a question and you actually responded with an answer rather than an overused platitude .

Even more fun to watch the expressions when you see they have grasped the content of your response.

Time to go throw some rocks off the Overpass...

Old 02-24-2019, 07:04 AM   #3960
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyBirdly View Post
I LOVE going off script with people !
Telco, Banks, etc......"Your call is being recorded for 'training purposes'"......so I ask "What are you training me for?".

"Huh?"

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Closed Thread