What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After you sweep them up deposit them on her doorstep. Perhaps that will make the lesson sink in.

I did that already but it didn't do any good. Her "doorstep" is in a common area in a condo building so I don't want to put the butts in that area again. There's no way for me to put them on her property unless I throw them in her open car window when it's parked in the parking lot. If i do that then i'll probably get in trouble somehow. She's a pretty young woman with a cute 4 year old. People seem to think she should be able to get away with anything. I on the other hand am a single white young-ish male. I get no special treatment of any kind.

People on radio or TV who are being interviewed, and for some reason answer every question with *So, ......* Why on earth do they do it and who taught them it was normal:confused:? Used to be these So people were only on NPR, now they're everywhere. Yegads.....

How about those folks at self-service gas pumps who have to fix their hair, makeup, whatever, before pulling out.

Fast food places, like McDonald's, that force you to stand in the crowd and wait to be asked to order, by the cashier. No line, just a bunch of people standing in a crowd, hoping the cashier calls them next. Burger King has roped off lanes to make it clear who is next to order. Not the worst peeve ever, but still .......

Fast food places, like McDonald's, that force you to stand in the crowd and wait to be asked to order, by the cashier. No line, just a bunch of people standing in a crowd, hoping the cashier calls them next. Burger King has roped off lanes to make it clear who is next to order. Not the worst peeve ever, but still .......

MickeyD's has made the drive thru lane(s) the highest priority. I know what you mean about this situation and it sucks if all you want is a cup of coffee and have to "join the group".

Whatever, I can take anything except the old lady writing a check. All other line rage inducers pale compared to that one.

I can trump that . An old lady writing a check in Florida who finds out the cashier comes from her home state so now it goes into an hour remembrance of Ohio .

Loud motorcycles. And cars. And trucks. Makes me want to fire a "noise seeking" missile at them, er, their tail pipe.

And the jerks who race their car in the shopping parking lot. Off with their head!

Loud motorcycles. And cars. And trucks. Makes me want to fire a "noise seeking" missile at them, er, their tail pipe.

And the jerks who race their car in the shopping parking lot. Off with their head!
Oh, only if there were such a missile, I'd be right there with ya ... :angel:

Not strictly a peeve but entertaining.

On the way home along a road with 35 mph speed limit I do about 38. Behind me is an all black dodge something or other with great chromed maw, modern version of a factory hot rod. Leaving the 35 mph speed limit to a section with 45 mph, the doode behind me floors it, passes me over the double yellow lines, great noise and rattling, then gets back into the proper lane. A a little less than a quarter mile later he is not much further ahead.

All show no go, but great amount of noise.

Last edited:
Reading one of my best buddies FB page. He retired with massive amounts of money but is very nouveau riche, always dropping name brands and such. EVERYDAY! I am slightly jealous, but only because he has a lot of security. But even with that, I would enjoy the simple things in life and not have to show that I drink Cristal! We've known each other 40 years but I am finally coming to the realization that he is very shallow.

My pet peeve from 30 seconds ago I that I have no idea what "Cristal" is and now I have to go google that. :)

I'm making a small pork roast on the grill and about 3/4 of the way done I ran out of propane. Hey, no problem, I have a spare propane tank in the garage because I thought ahead and planned for this!

DH gets the new tank and hooks it up. We always test a new tank hookup with soapy water to check for leaks. Didn't even get that far as DH heard a hissing noise when opening the valve. Disconnect and reconnect and same slight hissing noise. So he disconnects again and we look at the old tank and the new tank and there is a black rubber gasket missing from the new tank.

Well, damn! So I've turned on the oven and DH is having a snack while we wait.

So dinner will be delayed but at least nothing exploded.

I'll try taking the tank back for an exchange tomorrow.

On something as dangerous as a propane tank, shouldn't there be some degree of quality control? How about some testing and verification? Or do they just have a big enough insurance policy to cover accidents due to their missing gaskets?

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:
My pet peeve of the day is folks who initiate plans then end up juggling their schedule around and cancelling. Some family members are really good at that. I got "Punk'd" this morning from my sister who made plans for something early in the morning, but trying to cram the plan into alongside other plans, had to cancel, when in the words of Marcia Brady, "Something, suddenly came up." :LOL:

I do understand plans change and things do come up, but some folks juggle routinely. :facepalm:

People who are too lazy to learn how to use their cell phone!

Friends who say "call me later to get together (or for a meeting/task/whatever)" and you call and they don't answer the phone. So you leave a voicemail and never hear back. :mad:

Next time you see them and ask "did you check your voicemail?":confused:

They answer: "gee, I didn't know I had a voicemail, or I don't know how to check it..." (or some other stupid answer like "the phone is too high tech for me..:nonono":)

Well, if you are going to have a "High Tech" phone, then you OUGHT to know how to use it!

That is just a handy white lie for "I was doing something more interesting"!

Yes, possibly so, but frustrating.

Not really the case with one individual I am ranting about. Several of us (friends for decades) have been experiencing the same responses. It could be (we suspect) early dementia setting in for this fellow. He is going to be 70 in a few months so we are pretty light on this, however, it is frustrating.

Last edited:
No Peeves. I am ERing and Chilled. Life is good.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

hearing people say 'anyways' instead of 'anyway'... like fingers on a chalkboard

Irregardless I could care less what you think. There. I got two in one.:)

The moron that drove through the stop sign while looking me in the eye this morning. Really it's a 25 MPH speed limit there, and you can't stop for someone that's in the intersection! Where is the speed trap when you want an id10t to get pulled over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom