Join Early Retirement Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2014, 12:41 PM   #121
Full time employment: Posting here.
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 731
People who pour out drinks like coffee and soda in parking lots.

Went shopping with my son and pulled into a spot that had a puddle of coffee right next to my door.

Some people have no concept of courtesy to others.
__________________

__________________
BBQ-Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2014, 01:05 PM   #122
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Amethyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,640
Perhaps they are the grandchildren of the who put out their cigarette by dumping it in a half-full foam cup of coffee, then leave the revolting mess on a desk or table in plain sight.

Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ-Nut View Post
People who pour out drinks like coffee and soda in parking lots.

Went shopping with my son and pulled into a spot that had a puddle of coffee right next to my door.

Some people have no concept of courtesy to others.
__________________

__________________
If you understood everything I say, you'd be me ~ Miles Davis
'There is only one success to be able to spend your life in your own way. Christopher Morley.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:19 PM   #123
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
Perhaps they are the grandchildren of the who put out their cigarette by dumping it in a half-full foam cup of coffee, then leave the revolting mess on a desk or table in plain sight.

Amethyst
Or the smokeless tobacco users with the Styrofoam spitoon, left on display. Seriously if you're going to chew, man up and swallow.
MRG
__________________
MRG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:22 PM   #124
Moderator Emeritus
Bestwifeever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 15,481
Double secret confirmation questions when registering at a website. "Who was your best friend in third grade?" Seriously?
__________________
Bestwifeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #125
Moderator
aja8888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 5,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
Double secret confirmation questions when registering at a website. "Who was your best friend in third grade?" Seriously?
.

Universally: "Joe" (it's always Joe)
__________________
aja8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
What is your pet peeve of the day?
Old 04-27-2014, 01:47 PM   #126
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
steelyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Triangle
Posts: 3,217
What is your pet peeve of the day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
Double secret confirmation questions when registering at a website. "Who was your best friend in third grade?" Seriously?

Believe it or not, mine were John and Paul. Not the Beatles, that was just their names! Neither played anything but football
__________________

steelyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:22 PM   #127
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
youbet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 9,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREd View Post
So I guess my real pet peeve is inconsiderate dog owners.
+1

Dog walkers who allow puppy to poop on your front lawn and don't clean up or do a lousy job of cleaning up.

Dog owners at camp grounds who think they're in the wilderness and allow puppy to poop at the edge of the campsite or further into the surrounding wooded area without cleaning up.

Dog owners who allow their pets to harass wildlife.

Dog walkers on walking trails who refuse to pull puppy in tight and on the side opposite you so you can pass by them easily.

Dog walkers who allow puppy to pee on your shrubs and trees or on the rear bumper of your car parked innocently in your driveway.

Dog owning friends who have you over for dinner and start suggesting half way through the meal that you should leave the last bite of this or that on your plate for puppy. Then they gather plates and hold them out for puppy to lick right at the table. Oh...... puke........

Dog owning friends who insist they can't visit your home unless their large, undisciplined, hyper-active pooch accompanies them. They spend the evening conversing with the dog in baby-talk and give you a dirty look when you scream at the dog upon discovering it on your bed happily chewing pillows.

Well, I could go on, but....... And I like dogs.
__________________
"I wasn't born blue blood. I was born blue-collar." John Wort Hannam
youbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:13 PM   #128
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,214
I AM a dog owner and do not care to hang with other dog owners nor do I like seeing anyone else in the neighborhood getting a dog because of all of the aforementioned reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbet View Post
+1

Dog walkers who allow puppy to poop on your front lawn and don't clean up or do a lousy job of cleaning up.

Dog owners at camp grounds who think they're in the wilderness and allow puppy to poop at the edge of the campsite or further into the surrounding wooded area without cleaning up.

Dog owners who allow their pets to harass wildlife.

Dog walkers on walking trails who refuse to pull puppy in tight and on the side opposite you so you can pass by them easily.

Dog walkers who allow puppy to pee on your shrubs and trees or on the rear bumper of your car parked innocently in your driveway.

Dog owning friends who have you over for dinner and start suggesting half way through the meal that you should leave the last bite of this or that on your plate for puppy. Then they gather plates and hold them out for puppy to lick right at the table. Oh...... puke........

Dog owning friends who insist they can't visit your home unless their large, undisciplined, hyper-active pooch accompanies them. They spend the evening conversing with the dog in baby-talk and give you a dirty look when you scream at the dog upon discovering it on your bed happily chewing pillows.

Well, I could go on, but....... And I like dogs.
__________________
razztazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:38 PM   #129
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
John Galt III's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,057
Why is it that waitresses NEVER know the price of any beer in the restaurant? They always say "I don't know but I can go find out for you". And of course beer prices are never on the menu.
__________________
John Galt III is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:21 AM   #130
Full time employment: Posting here.
BTravlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
A checker is the perfect car for this if you can't find something bigger, like a '62 Fleetwood.
Yes, that would do quite well. Only mine would be pretty rough around the edges already. No sense dinging up a beauty like that.
__________________
Wherever you go, there you are.
(In other words, no whining!)
BTravlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:02 AM   #131
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
HFWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lawn chair in Texas
Posts: 12,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by youbet View Post
Dog owners...
Yep, some of my dog walking neighbors let their pooch crap in my yard, then don't bother to pick it up. If I wanted to clean up dog doo, I'd get a dog...

And another thing, I've been bitten by a dog on two separate occasions, thankfully "just a flesh wound", but I joke that the last thing I heard before being bitten was "oh, he doesn't bite"... Chomp...
__________________
Have Funds, Will Retire

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:46 AM   #132
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
robnplunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,020
Empty office "self serving" coffee pot. If you took the last cup of coffee, brew another one for the next person before you leave the water cooler area. Aaarrrgh! One more albeit minor reason to RE soon.
__________________
Pura Vida
robnplunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:55 AM   #133
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
easysurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,594
My pet peeve of the day is when a person buys stuff on ebay but doesn't pay promptly. I just sold four things and two folks paid soon, two are still awaiting payment.

The other pet peeve (and similar I guess) is when someone gets a personal check but takes a long long time to cash it. That's happening now with my sister. She's been holding on to an uncashed check for about a month even after I've politely asked to cash it.

I think next time, when I reimburse her, I'll say, "When you have time, stop by, and I'll see if I have cash around for you or not" .
__________________
Have you ever seen a headstone with these words
"If only I had spent more time at work" ... from "Busy Man" sung by Billy Ray Cyrus
easysurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
What is your pet peeve of the day?
Old 04-28-2014, 12:00 PM   #134
Full time employment: Posting here.
Accidental Retiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 889
What is your pet peeve of the day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
Yep, some of my dog walking neighbors let their pooch crap in my yard, then don't bother to pick it up. If I wanted to clean up dog doo, I'd get a dog...

And another thing, I've been bitten by a dog on two separate occasions, thankfully "just a flesh wound", but I joke that the last thing I heard before being bitten was "oh, he doesn't bite"... Chomp...
We just had an Open House, and not 10 feet from the For Sale sign, an inconsiderate neighbor with dog left a souvenir for me to pick up before leaving the house.

I sure didn't want a potential buyer, parking curbside, tracking THAT through the house!
__________________
Chief Retirement Strategist
The AR Group
Accidental Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #135
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
robnplunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
My pet peeve of the day is when a person buys stuff on ebay but doesn't pay promptly. I just sold four things and two folks paid soon, two are still awaiting payment.
Payments, I can wait. But I had couple of transactions which the buyer never paid, and never responded to my e-mail reminders. Just dead silence. I finally had to relist. What the ....
__________________
Pura Vida
robnplunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:57 PM   #136
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
REWahoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 39,465
First world problems, third world complaints.

If you want to see some world-class peeving, checkout The Complaints Forum. Warning - NSFW
__________________
Numbers is hard.

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension

REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #137
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
travelover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
..........And another thing, I've been bitten by a dog on two separate occasions, thankfully "just a flesh wound", but I joke that the last thing I heard before being bitten was "oh, he doesn't bite"... Chomp...
My dog has been attacked (actual teeth on fur contact) twice, and both attacking dogs were on a leash. I've found that owners are way over confident in how much control they have over the dog. Usually a dog can reach out the length of the leash plus at least one arm's length, maybe more if they can tip the human. So, I give wide berth to dogs I meet on a trail, especially if they look aggressive. And carry Halt.
__________________
Yes, I have achieved work / life balance.
travelover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:06 PM   #138
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
travelover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
My pet peeve of the day is when a person buys stuff on ebay but doesn't pay promptly. I just sold four things and two folks paid soon, two are still awaiting payment.............
I've only shipped once before payment (I was going out of town, buyer was 100% rated) and the guy didn't pay. I finally tracked him down on the internet and called him on his car phone. His wife answered, so I told her how he had stiffed me. I shamed him into paying.
__________________
Yes, I have achieved work / life balance.
travelover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #139
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
easysurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
I've only shipped once before payment (I was going out of town, buyer was 100% rated) and the guy didn't pay. I finally tracked him down on the internet and called him on his car phone. His wife answered, so I told her how he had stiffed me. I shamed him into paying.
Good thing he listened to his boss (the wife, that is ).

I haven't shipped yet, despite both of them having a 100% rating. Sorry, not my policy to ship before payment.

The guideline is to wait at least until 48 hrs before investigating. I still got a few more hours to wait.
__________________
Have you ever seen a headstone with these words
"If only I had spent more time at work" ... from "Busy Man" sung by Billy Ray Cyrus
easysurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:19 PM   #140
Recycles dryer sheets
eyeonFI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 94
Pet peeve for today: went by the local elementary school to inquire about registering DS for school and aftercare next year. Was told by the lady at the desk she's not registering 1st graders until June. When is the lottery for aftercare? May. Does he have to be registered to put him in the lottery? Yes. So then she grudgingly agreed she would register him. I asked about the process for entering the lottery, when is it? The date has not been set. I should call EVERY DAY starting May 1 until they decide when it will be. Then I will have to show up in person between 2-4pm on the chosen day.

I'm so not looking forward to dealing with the public school system here...
__________________

__________________
eyeonFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is your pet a heat seeker? CuppaJoe Other topics 50 09-15-2015 12:24 AM
I've got a new pet peeve-limit $75 on credit card at gas station Tom52 Other topics 19 03-21-2012 02:48 PM
Advise on a Pep Peeve I have. My Dream Other topics 58 07-20-2010 03:24 PM
Piling food on your pet (or whatever) Nords Other topics 15 06-11-2005 08:32 PM

 

 
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:51 AM.
 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.