Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #121
Full time employment: Posting here.

People who pour out drinks like coffee and soda in parking lots.

Went shopping with my son and pulled into a spot that had a puddle of coffee right next to my door.

Some people have no concept of courtesy to others.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2014, 12:05 PM   #122
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Perhaps they are the grandchildren of the who put out their cigarette by dumping it in a half-full foam cup of coffee, then leave the revolting mess on a desk or table in plain sight.

Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ-Nut View Post
People who pour out drinks like coffee and soda in parking lots.

Went shopping with my son and pulled into a spot that had a puddle of coffee right next to my door.

Some people have no concept of courtesy to others.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:19 PM   #123
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
Perhaps they are the grandchildren of the who put out their cigarette by dumping it in a half-full foam cup of coffee, then leave the revolting mess on a desk or table in plain sight.

Amethyst
Or the smokeless tobacco users with the Styrofoam spitoon, left on display. Seriously if you're going to chew, man up and swallow.
MRG
Old 04-27-2014, 12:22 PM   #124
Moderator Emeritus

Double secret confirmation questions when registering at a website. "Who was your best friend in third grade?" Seriously?
Old 04-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #125
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
Double secret confirmation questions when registering at a website. "Who was your best friend in third grade?" Seriously?

Universally: "Joe" (it's always Joe)
What is your pet peeve of the day?
Old 04-27-2014, 12:47 PM   #126
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post

Believe it or not, mine were John and Paul. Not the Beatles, that was just their names! Neither played anything but football

Old 04-27-2014, 01:22 PM   #127
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREd View Post
So I guess my real pet peeve is inconsiderate dog owners.
+1

Dog walkers who allow puppy to poop on your front lawn and don't clean up or do a lousy job of cleaning up.

Dog owners at camp grounds who think they're in the wilderness and allow puppy to poop at the edge of the campsite or further into the surrounding wooded area without cleaning up.

Dog owners who allow their pets to harass wildlife.

Dog walkers on walking trails who refuse to pull puppy in tight and on the side opposite you so you can pass by them easily.

Dog walkers who allow puppy to pee on your shrubs and trees or on the rear bumper of your car parked innocently in your driveway.

Dog owning friends who have you over for dinner and start suggesting half way through the meal that you should leave the last bite of this or that on your plate for puppy. Then they gather plates and hold them out for puppy to lick right at the table. Oh...... puke........

Dog owning friends who insist they can't visit your home unless their large, undisciplined, hyper-active pooch accompanies them. They spend the evening conversing with the dog in baby-talk and give you a dirty look when you scream at the dog upon discovering it on your bed happily chewing pillows.

Well, I could go on, but....... And I like dogs.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:13 PM   #128
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I AM a dog owner and do not care to hang with other dog owners nor do I like seeing anyone else in the neighborhood getting a dog because of all of the aforementioned reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbet View Post
+1

Dog walkers who allow puppy to poop on your front lawn and don't clean up or do a lousy job of cleaning up.

Dog owners at camp grounds who think they're in the wilderness and allow puppy to poop at the edge of the campsite or further into the surrounding wooded area without cleaning up.

Dog owners who allow their pets to harass wildlife.

Dog walkers on walking trails who refuse to pull puppy in tight and on the side opposite you so you can pass by them easily.

Dog walkers who allow puppy to pee on your shrubs and trees or on the rear bumper of your car parked innocently in your driveway.

Dog owning friends who have you over for dinner and start suggesting half way through the meal that you should leave the last bite of this or that on your plate for puppy. Then they gather plates and hold them out for puppy to lick right at the table. Oh...... puke........

Dog owning friends who insist they can't visit your home unless their large, undisciplined, hyper-active pooch accompanies them. They spend the evening conversing with the dog in baby-talk and give you a dirty look when you scream at the dog upon discovering it on your bed happily chewing pillows.

Well, I could go on, but....... And I like dogs.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:38 PM   #129

Why is it that waitresses NEVER know the price of any beer in the restaurant? They always say "I don't know but I can go find out for you". And of course beer prices are never on the menu.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:21 AM   #130
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
A checker is the perfect car for this if you can't find something bigger, like a '62 Fleetwood.
Yes, that would do quite well. Only mine would be pretty rough around the edges already. No sense dinging up a beauty like that.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:02 AM   #131
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbet View Post
Dog owners...
Yep, some of my dog walking neighbors let their pooch crap in my yard, then don't bother to pick it up. If I wanted to clean up dog doo, I'd get a dog...

And another thing, I've been bitten by a dog on two separate occasions, thankfully "just a flesh wound", but I joke that the last thing I heard before being bitten was "oh, he doesn't bite"... Chomp...

...not doing anything of true substance...
Old 04-28-2014, 10:46 AM   #132

Empty office "self serving" coffee pot. If you took the last cup of coffee, brew another one for the next person before you leave the water cooler area. Aaarrrgh! One more albeit minor reason to RE soon.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:55 AM   #133
Give me a forum ...

My pet peeve of the day is when a person buys stuff on ebay but doesn't pay promptly. I just sold four things and two folks paid soon, two are still awaiting payment.

The other pet peeve (and similar I guess) is when someone gets a personal check but takes a long long time to cash it. That's happening now with my sister. She's been holding on to an uncashed check for about a month even after I've politely asked to cash it.

I think next time, when I reimburse her, I'll say, "When you have time, stop by, and I'll see if I have cash around for you or not" .
Old 04-28-2014, 11:00 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
Yep, some of my dog walking neighbors let their pooch crap in my yard, then don't bother to pick it up. If I wanted to clean up dog doo, I'd get a dog...

And another thing, I've been bitten by a dog on two separate occasions, thankfully "just a flesh wound", but I joke that the last thing I heard before being bitten was "oh, he doesn't bite"... Chomp...
We just had an Open House, and not 10 feet from the For Sale sign, an inconsiderate neighbor with dog left a souvenir for me to pick up before leaving the house.

I sure didn't want a potential buyer, parking curbside, tracking THAT through the house!
Old 04-28-2014, 11:44 AM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
My pet peeve of the day is when a person buys stuff on ebay but doesn't pay promptly. I just sold four things and two folks paid soon, two are still awaiting payment.
Payments, I can wait. But I had couple of transactions which the buyer never paid, and never responded to my e-mail reminders. Just dead silence. I finally had to relist. What the ....
Old 04-28-2014, 11:57 AM   #136
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

First world problems, third world complaints.

If you want to see some world-class peeving, checkout The Complaints Forum. Warning - NSFW
Old 04-28-2014, 12:02 PM   #137
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
..........And another thing, I've been bitten by a dog on two separate occasions, thankfully "just a flesh wound", but I joke that the last thing I heard before being bitten was "oh, he doesn't bite"... Chomp...
My dog has been attacked (actual teeth on fur contact) twice, and both attacking dogs were on a leash. I've found that owners are way over confident in how much control they have over the dog. Usually a dog can reach out the length of the leash plus at least one arm's length, maybe more if they can tip the human. So, I give wide berth to dogs I meet on a trail, especially if they look aggressive. And carry Halt.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:06 PM   #138
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
My pet peeve of the day is when a person buys stuff on ebay but doesn't pay promptly. I just sold four things and two folks paid soon, two are still awaiting payment.............
I've only shipped once before payment (I was going out of town, buyer was 100% rated) and the guy didn't pay. I finally tracked him down on the internet and called him on his car phone. His wife answered, so I told her how he had stiffed me. I shamed him into paying.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:34 PM   #139
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
I've only shipped once before payment (I was going out of town, buyer was 100% rated) and the guy didn't pay. I finally tracked him down on the internet and called him on his car phone. His wife answered, so I told her how he had stiffed me. I shamed him into paying.
Good thing he listened to his boss (the wife, that is ).

I haven't shipped yet, despite both of them having a 100% rating. Sorry, not my policy to ship before payment.

The guideline is to wait at least until 48 hrs before investigating. I still got a few more hours to wait.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:19 PM   #140
Recycles dryer sheets

Pet peeve for today: went by the local elementary school to inquire about registering DS for school and aftercare next year. Was told by the lady at the desk she's not registering 1st graders until June. When is the lottery for aftercare? May. Does he have to be registered to put him in the lottery? Yes. So then she grudgingly agreed she would register him. I asked about the process for entering the lottery, when is it? The date has not been set. I should call EVERY DAY starting May 1 until they decide when it will be. Then I will have to show up in person between 2-4pm on the chosen day.

I'm so not looking forward to dealing with the public school system here...
Closed Thread