Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 07:22 AM   #81
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Robo calls from Doctor and Dentists offices that say " please call us back regarding your scheduled appointment on (insert date and time)". Upon calling back your learn that you are calling to affirm that you will be at the appt.

I made the appt, answered the @#$* robo call and I still have to call back? Really?
The rate of "no-shows" at medical appointments can be very high. This leads to wasted time, economic insufficiency and longer wait times. When confirmation that a patient will attend cannot be obtained, chances are high that the patient has forgotten or chooses not to attend. Someone else can then be seen at short notice.

My dentist's office gas this down to a tee, and I really appreciate the text reminder and the no waiting. My doctor's office too. Last time I called for a routine appointment, they offered me one that day at 3:30 pm.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2014, 07:31 AM   #82
Recycles dryer sheets

nausea from chemo for another 3 months

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2014, 07:49 AM   #83
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbahop View Post
Sorry to hear what you are going thru. Definitely makes my pet peeves seem really petty. Nothing is more important than our health. Hope you have a very successful outcome.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:51 AM   #84
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
Sorry to hear what you are going thru. Definitely makes my pet peeves seem really petty. Nothing is more important than our health. Hope you have a very successful outcome.

+1000

...not doing anything of true substance...
Old 04-25-2014, 07:57 AM   #85
Recycles dryer sheets

thanks. had my half way scan and things are looking great in terms of a complete remission. The process of getting well can be trying but I have Feb 2015 FIRE to look forward to so spending time on this site absorbing lots of good advice.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:20 AM   #86

Quote:

Anywhere near Colorado? A little pot will help keep that nausea under control.
Helped my mother greatly when she had chemo from colon cancer.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:28 AM   #87

Websites that auto-play embedded video ads.

grrr.....
Old 04-25-2014, 08:49 AM   #88
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnplunder View Post
Gasp! I have no pet peeve to post today but the day is still young .
Eh, what do you expect from a forum full of grouchy geezers? There are younger posters here too, but after being here for a while the crankiness will spread to them too. It's contagious, you know?

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 04-25-2014, 09:13 AM   #89
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ-Nut View Post
Websites that auto-play embedded video ads.

grrr.....
remove flash and the problem goes away (there are also flash blocker add ons)
Old 04-25-2014, 09:19 AM   #90
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Hang in there! My wife made it through by thinking the nausea was proof the chemo was working. Best wishes!
Old 04-26-2014, 02:49 AM   #91

People who leave a church email distribution list by reporting an email announcing a memorial service for a church elder as spam.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:46 AM   #92
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleeplus View Post
My daughter watching the local game in a non high-def station and then tells me she can't tell the difference even though the screen is 3 inches smaller on each side!
Ha Ha. Sounds just like my wife. She'll be watching something in SD and I'll ask her "why aren't you watching this one channel over in HD?", her reply is always the same, "hmm, I can't tell the difference".
Old 04-26-2014, 03:49 AM   #93
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:

Oh boy, I'm sorry you are going through this. Stay strong and know it gets better.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:37 AM   #94
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
Pet Peeve for today...
I went to my local bank branch today to get my signature notarized on several legal documents pertaining to probate on my late Dad's estate. They refused to notorize them because the boiler plate documents contained wording related to distribution of unspecified investment assets or some such nonsense. They would first have to submit them to their legal dept. for approval which would take 1 or 2 days. I was tempted to go over to the teller window and close my account on the spot. They are sitting on about $68,000 of my money in a checking account for which they pay me zero % interest and this is the service they provide?

So I had to go across the street to the UPS store. Paid $1.00 per notary and no problem.
I don't get that. By notarizing it they are only saying that you signed it and not taking any responsibility for the document you are signing.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
Old 04-26-2014, 06:55 AM   #95

Sometimes it is better to have notarization effected by a notary who is not attached to a financial institution. We have a notary in our town clerk's office who serves this role well.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:57 AM   #96
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derslickmeister View Post
Ha Ha. Sounds just like my wife. She'll be watching something in SD and I'll ask her "why aren't you watching this one channel over in HD?", her reply is always the same, "hmm, I can't tell the difference".

Having played music, been a DJ, and done audio and video production, I tend to notice a lot of things that other people don't.

...not doing anything of true substance...
Old 04-26-2014, 08:13 AM   #97

Leaving a message for the um-teenth time for a friend who says "call anytime ... I'll be there for you".
Old 04-26-2014, 09:17 AM   #98

Being in the fast lane on the freeway going with the flow of traffic with many cars ahead. The guy behind you is riding your bumper and is angry with you because you are not riding the bumper of the guy in front of you I would move over, but the left lane is passing cars on the right and would have to brake, merge to the right and then merge back left.....

Some folks think they are more important then anyone else on the road. I see this kind of behavior more and more.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:49 AM   #99
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzo View Post
Being in the fast lane on the freeway going with the flow of traffic with many cars ahead. The guy behind you is riding your bumper and is angry with you because you are not riding the bumper of the guy in front of you I would move over, but the left lane is passing cars on the right and would have to brake, merge to the right and then merge back left.....

Some folks think they are more important then anyone else on the road. I see this kind of behavior more and more.
That type of behavior results in the left foot touching the brake pedal, just enough to light up the brake lights. I don't slow down, or brake, it just let's them know I might have to. I've been rear ended by 3 careless drivers who were all tailgating, seems like they stay further back, when the brake lights come on, yes I get a few one finger salutes when I do this.
MRG
Old 04-26-2014, 10:07 AM   #100
Give me a forum ...

Elderly drivers(usually) who drive down the road for miles with their left foot on the brake and their right on the gas. Probably the same ones who leave the blinker on when they're not turning.
Closed Thread