Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 03:31 PM   #541
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
Oh, okay. I wasn't sure and don't use the app myself.
Well this is a test. I thought I'd turned it off before. Let's see.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2015, 05:36 AM   #542
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckanut View Post
Those annoying slide shows that people use to pass on information online. Mostly they are nonsense stuff like "The hottest ER bachelors" or "15 ways to BBQ fermented Kale".
Not sure about the sites you view "The hottest ER bachelors" but most of those articles have a "print" button on the first slide page. If you click on that it should bring up a 1 page for viewing/printing. You don't have to print the article and it doesn't automatically print.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:42 AM   #543

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but all these embedded sigs on this forum, like:

First, I don't care what device/SW anyone uses. Do you think I do? Why?

-ERD50
I hope the person who sends his from his iCouch does not change his setting. I get a kick out of it every time I see it. I am easily amused!
Old 02-01-2015, 06:51 AM   #544
Give me a forum ...

Also a fan of the iCouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Old 02-01-2015, 08:00 AM   #545
Give me a forum ...

iCaramba...

Sent from my iCouch using Early Retirement Forum

...not doing anything of true substance...
Old 02-01-2015, 09:55 AM   #546
Give me a forum ...

Some charities, we made a generous end of year contribution to a local no-kill shelter. Yesterday's mail a request from the same people with tear jerking photos. Really I don't like the pulling of emotions. I just gave you a pile of unsolicited money, go away.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:59 AM   #547
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
I hope the person who sends his from his iCouch does not change his setting. I get a kick out of it every time I see it. I am easily amused!
OK, I'll make an exception for 'iCouch'! They are obviously, 'in' on the silly-nous (silliness?) of it

Though it would be better as a 'sig', then it doesn't show up in a quote.

-ERD50
Old 02-03-2015, 03:19 PM   #548
Give me a forum ...

My pet peeve of the day is when arranging plans with people and asking a question pretty much point blank, but they reply by pretty much just ignoring the question.

For example, if going out of town to catch a show, my email would be something like, "I got my ticket. Have you found a hotel to stay at?" and the person replies back but says nothing about a hotel
Old 02-03-2015, 04:12 PM   #549
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
For example, if going out of town to catch a show, my email would be something like, "I got my ticket. Have you found a hotel to stay at?" and the person replies back but says nothing about a hotel
You just need to interpret it correctly. The answer was "Damn! I knew I was supposed to doing one more thing - the hotel!"
Old 02-03-2015, 04:31 PM   #550
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
You just need to interpret it correctly. The answer was "Damn! I knew I was supposed to doing one more thing - the hotel!"
My very well be true But a "No" answer is acceptable too
Old 02-03-2015, 04:38 PM   #551
Dryer sheet wannabe

My Pet Peeve, and it's really stoopid.

When I park my car at w*rk, I'm out of the car and walking toward the door within 5 seconds of parking. But there's always some doofus that's been idling in the lot for 2 minutes -- doing Who Knows What -- who decides to exit his car and walks right in front/behind me as I trudge toward the security-card entrance.

No, Buttwipe, I don't know you, don't want to know you, and yes, I did walk faster so that you'd have to open the door all by yourself.

Mind, I arrive at w*rk an hour earlier than most of my fellow wage slaves, so it's not like it's rush hour in the door.

Told ya it was stoopid.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:30 AM   #552

Insurance nightmare. Signed up for ACA January 7, paid on 1/20. Received card, stared ins started 3/1 when website stated 2/1. Spent 4+ hrs over 5 calls to fix. Pharmacy fix shows up on line but states our insurance "was" cancelled on Feb 17, 2015. Local pharmacy says we're not covered. Mail order pharmacy states DH's Rx was "cancelled." Huh? By whom. Tomorrows project: drive to headquarters of insurance company and raise a stink. It's very close to home.

Worker bees at pharmacy and insurance company are puzzled over our problem. Heck, we'll pay for the darn Rx. For now.

I feel like Charlie Brown banging his head in the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
Old 02-08-2015, 07:05 AM   #553

Tanker trucks dumping lots of liquid road salt onto the roads for days before any threat of snow or ice. Then no snow or ice comes. Maybe just some rain to wash away the road salt, after it has already had a few days to do its rust thing on your car, and to blow around in the air giving you a nice pounding sinus headache. Your tax money at work. Rant mode off.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:49 AM   #554
Give me a forum ...

Today's peeve: Them 1/2 cover ad sheets wrapped around the front page of newspapers. I just yank them off, never read any of the grabage on them.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:16 PM   #555
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls99 View Post
Today's peeve: Them 1/2 cover ad sheets wrapped around the front page of newspapers. I just yank them off, never read any of the grabage on them.
I recently learned that this annoyance is called a "spadea" (sometimes spelled "spadia"), in case you want to use the term in your swearing as you wad it up without looking at it and smash it into the recycling bin.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:20 PM   #556
Give me a forum ...

OK, so I hate spadea in spades.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:51 PM   #557
Full time employment: Posting here.

Pet peeve of the day, also related to ACA health insurance....I am qualified for an $1,124 monthly subsidy. I had to find a new policy because the insurance company already signed up for since Jan 1st is going bankrupt. For the months of Jan. and Feb. the full $1,124 was applied towards my premium. The new policy I was forced to get with the only other available insurer was a lesser bronze policy with a monthly premium of $977.

The peeve is that I must pay a monthly premium of $0.02. Why the h*ll should I need to pay anything when my subsidy is $147 higher than the monthly premium of the new policy? Healthcare.gov can't explain it.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:30 PM   #558
Full time employment: Posting here.

So, I'm on my usual Sunday walk/hike in the very beautiful and relaxing open space preserve close to where I live.

It's shady, along a creek, sunshine peeking in meadows along the way, a slight breeze, birds chirping - quite idyllic.

Yet as I walk along the trail with others - when 'others' are part of group there is loud cackling, guffaws, and even swearing (as they relate the travails they must endure among sub-humans which are part of their very important lives).

Everyone within a 100 yards must now be party to their social circle of inanity - totally breaking the reason most are there - to enjoy the outside setting.

Where did manners and etiquette go??
Old 02-08-2015, 04:23 PM   #559

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ-Nut View Post
So, I'm on my usual Sunday walk/hike in the very beautiful and relaxing open space preserve close to where I live.
It's shady, along a creek, sunshine peeking in meadows along the way, a slight breeze, birds chirping - quite idyllic.
Yet as I walk along the trail with others - when 'others' are part of group there is loud cackling, guffaws, and even swearing (as they relate the travails they must endure among sub-humans which are part of their very important lives).
Everyone within a 100 yards must now be party to their social circle of inanity - totally breaking the reason most are there - to enjoy the outside setting.
Where did manners and etiquette go??
Same at the park I hike/jog. I usually can ignore most of this but had a bad migraine this morning. I try to stay in the back areas of the park because of how rude some people are. I was meeting someone that's new to the area at the main parking lot to show them a trail. Between a running club yelling to one another and blocking pathways, young mothers with strollers walking 3 abreast so you had to get out of their way, people on their cell phones, it wasn't nice until we got out of the main area.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:19 PM   #560

Pet peeve today. I'm trying to lock in my lodging for the big trip. I'd previously identified various apartments and vacation rentals using trip advisor, vrbo, flipkey, airbnb, and homeaway. They quote prices on those sites. But when I contact the manager/owner directly the price is DOUBLE what they are advertising. This has ruled out 3 apartments, and I'm waiting to hear back from 5 more.. Only one is honoring the price they advertise at. I'm getting very frustrated.
(We're traveling for 9 weeks in 11 cities... so I have to line up 11 vacation rentals.)
Closed Thread