What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This only rears its ugly head when we're driving through unknown areas.
Road signs that are put up either behind another sign or behind a bush or tree.
Come on now, how do you expect people to read the sign if they can't see it!

People that cannot stay in their own lane when two lanes turn together. This seems to be especially bad when it is a left turn. Some roads have dotted lines to help the spatially challenged, but even that is no guarantee that some bozo won't try to cut you off.

No or only a few scales, except by checkout, in groceries stores. Didn't buy oranges because didn't know how many to get at $1.99/lb and didn't want to feel taken.

No or only a few scales, except by checkout, in groceries stores. Didn't buy oranges because didn't know how many to get at $1.99/lb and didn't want to feel taken.

Maybe a regional thing? Grocery stores here have multiple scales in the produce sections and most will tell you the total price is if you put in what it is that you're weighing.

Maybe a regional thing? Grocery stores here have multiple scales in the produce sections and most will tell you the total price is if you put in what it is that you're weighing.

That's how I used to remember. Grocery stores with multiple scales around the produce.

My current pet peeve is wedding invitations from other countries that arrive with a stamped addressed envelope for the reply card and an RSVP deadline one day after they reach me.

Do people not realize that US stamps are not usable outside the US? Or are they too lazy to send me a reply envelope without a stamp on?

I sent an email response. Out of courtesy and tradition, I mailed the reply card in its SAE, but I had to put it inside another envelope and put a Canadian stamp on it. I had to visit the post office to buy said stamp.

I hate waste!

I am not even going to this wedding. Now I am trying to buy a gift for the happy couple on the wedding registry, but not one of the three stores will accept business from a Canadian. So I guess I will have to visit my bank and pay a fee to get a certified cheque.

Bummer!

Last edited:
Do people not realize that US stamps are not usable outside the US? Or are they too lazy to send me a reply envelope without a stamp on?

Perhaps you just have unsophisticated friends? :LOL:

No, my relatives are all quite cosmopolitan with several university degrees.

So the aforementioned, incorrectly stamped, wedding invitations are addressed to "Occupant"? ;)

Drivers who stop in the merge lane.

We are moving. I have unlocked my credit three times in past three days, everybody wants something different. Went to the telephone store to change cell carriers, per their instructions, my credit was unlocked. Folks neglected to mention at our FIRST meeting this am that the current carrier had to unlock our phones��. Store helper said we could buy new ones for $25 a month. When pressed, the actual cost is $650.00. Nether DH nor store personnel thought my idea of unlocking the phone by backing DH's car over it was a constructive idea. We went home without new phones or a new carrier. This is DH's battle now, my credit refreezes tomorrow.

So the aforementioned, incorrectly stamped, wedding invitations are addressed to "Occupant"? ;)

No, the hand calligraphed envelopes are correctly addressed.

No, the hand calligraphed envelopes are correctly addressed.

So.....given that, can we then attribute the philatelic faux pas, vis-à-vis the attachment of unserviceable stamps, to the actions of a callow or recalcitrant footman?

After all....somebody did it.

So.....given that, can we then attribute the philatelic faux pas, vis-à-vis the attachment of unserviceable stamps, to the actions of a callow or recalcitrant footman?

After all....somebody did it.

Yeah, maybe it was the butler, in the library, with a candlestick! ☠️

Regarding the Internet, it's "online" not "on line" unless you are from New York and you're standing in line which is "standing on line".:LOL:

When did my going to a restaurant to eat become a potential "problem"?

More and more....... no, wait, EVERY TIME I have been out in the last while -- when I thank a server for refilling water, bringing food, etc., the reply is "No problem."

Was I somehow anticipated to be some sort of an issue with them? I am sorry I was inconveniencing you by patronizing your establishment and leaving you money (tip) ...... what happened to "You're welcome"?

More and more....... no, wait, EVERY TIME I have been out in the last while -- when I thank a server for refilling water, bringing food, etc., the reply is "No problem."

Was I somehow anticipated to be some sort of an issue with them? I am sorry I was inconveniencing you by patronizing your establishment and leaving you money (tip) ...... what happened to "You're welcome"?

I will say that at times I will say 'no problem' when a 'you're welcome' is probably better.... maybe more than I want to admit...

I would not let it bother me.... but there are things that do drive me crazy that DW will say for me to let it go....

I've always loved the "my pleasure" that was so common in South Africa. Such a friendly thought.

Today when the 20-year-old server re-filled my water, I said "Thank you!" as always, and paid attention to her response, which was, "You're welcome!", with a smile. So it is not completely obsolete.

I will drink 2-3 glasses of water or tea with a meal. So when at a restaurant why is it so difficult to get your glass refilled? It seems when we get our meal and take 1 bite the waiter/waitress will come by to ask if everything is ok? Sure, with my mouth full of food, then disappear....but why do I have to track them down to get a refill?
Please! when you pass by a table ask the patron if they'd like a refill, even if it's not your table.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom