Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 03:21 PM   #3241
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97guns View Post
The post office on tax day, I couldn’t believe how many people are filing by mail still, I thought i’d be one of very few but the line was out the door.

Which brings up another peeve, you can’t find tax forms anywhere, used to be able to get them at the post office and libraries but now you have to go to the IRS office and they don’t even have all of them on hand, then you order them online and they don’t have them either
Cause nobody uses paper forms anymore. Read your post.[emoji23]
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2018, 06:12 AM   #3242
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97guns View Post
The post office on tax day, I couldn’t believe how many people are filing by mail still, I thought i’d be one of very few but the line was out the door.

Which brings up another peeve, you can’t find tax forms anywhere, used to be able to get them at the post office and libraries but now you have to go to the IRS office and they don’t even have all of them on hand, then you order them online and they don’t have them either
My IRS office will print them off for you. Max of 2 copies per form. Of course you have to wait in line with a numbered ticket. And you're right, half of the bins for the forms are empty but have a notice inside instructing you to to irs.gov to get the form !
Old 04-20-2018, 01:45 PM   #3243

Address Labels: About 3.5 years ago, I started making annual contributions to St. Jude's children's research, & the March of Dimes. At the time, I may have had as many as 200 labels from other organizations that I had contributed to in the past.

Earlier this week, I decided to start cleaning out the bottom drawer of my file cabinet. I now have 2,071 labels. I'll make a call & try to opt out.
Old 04-21-2018, 02:35 PM   #3244

The 'new' usage (misuse, imho) of the word 'inform'. Why, for God's sake? Example : The XYZ Journey is a trauma informed program integrating restorative, holistic blah, blah, blah.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:26 AM   #3245

Sitting in the waiting room at the vet waiting for cat’s fluids to be done. Only two other people but one is BELLOWING at the top of his lungs with chit chat, including how cats with kidney disease should just be put down. Shut up! Shut up!
Old 04-26-2018, 10:41 AM   #3246
Give me a forum ...

Sitting in the GM dealership for a recall on my truck to be done. Only an hour job they said a couple hours ago.

Nice lounge, I can hear pop on the radio and a boring TV show. Oh yeah 3 salespeople are calling potential customers.
Old 04-26-2018, 02:31 PM   #3247

Go to a website to research or buy something and there is a popup before you can even enter the website to "like us on facebook, etc."
How do I know if I like you? I haven't even gotten to your darn website yet.
I guess the current cool thing is to "like" something, but darn-it my likes matter! I don't just give them away unless it is meaningful to me.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:10 PM   #3248
gone traveling

Call centers located in India, to save money but AT&T is gonna lose me the next time I have to call there
Old 05-03-2018, 03:37 PM   #3249

Small dog owners (it's always small dogs)

What makes them think other people want to listen to their precious little Fifi "yip, yip, yip" all day and all night at the top of their lungs.

Get a real dog. Train it.

p.s. Fifi doesn't speak bl**dy English. Cooing and saying over and over again "please be quiet Fifi" is about as effective as pi**ing into a hurricane.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:48 PM   #3250

Highway signs today were reading "Reign in your horsepower -- Slow Down".

If you're going to put something out where thousands of people have to read it every day, is it asking too much to use rein and reign correctly? Apparently so.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:50 PM   #3251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koogie View Post
is about as effective as pi**ing into a hurricane.
Would make an all-time great movie scene with either Leonard DiCaprio or Rosanne pi**ing into the hurricane.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:52 PM   #3252
Gone but not forgotten

People who criticize people with handicap stickers . How do they know who is handicapped and who is not ? Lot's of people have handicaps that are not visible and have to deal with jerks who glare or make remarks or even leave notes. Seriously just thank God you are able and move on.
What is your pet peeve of the day?
Old 05-03-2018, 09:20 PM   #3253
Give me a forum ...

What is your pet peeve of the day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
People who criticize people with handicap stickers . How do they know who is handicapped and who is not ? Lot's of people have handicaps that are not visible and have to deal with jerks who glare or make remarks or even leave notes. Seriously just thank God you are able and move on.

I just wish with my bad back and heart disease I could get one. When I see someone get out of a sports cars and jog into a store, I suspect they are using one intended for another family member.
I do get frustrated when we can’t find a handicapped parking spot when with my nephew, who is wheelchair bound with spina bifida and only has one leg. He’s also waiting for a kidney transplant.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:18 AM   #3254

Warehouse stores. I'm quickly coming to the realisation that any thing i save is not worth The aggravation of going to one. BJs is horrible.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:24 AM   #3255

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but my pet peeve is Consumer Cellular.

They tout their great customer service, but right now they are jerking me around and it is p***ing me off.

I won't bore you with the details of how I spent a frustrating hour plus with them on the phone yesterday, or how they then reneged on what they said they would do. I tried calling today to see if I could get a manager to intervene, but "due to heavy call volumes" I was not willing to wait 20+ minutes just to get back on the phone with them.

I was able to "schedule" a call Monday morning. I'll have cooled off by then and hope that a human being can intervene and not simply keep insisting "That's the way our system works. There's nothing I can do."
Old 05-05-2018, 11:17 AM   #3256
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
I agree. Also for me this pet peeve extends even further. It seems like some people have little or no empathy for others in different situations from their own. We all have problems and obstacles to overcome, and some people face obstacles that are so difficult (like the handicapped person who needs that parking spot and then gets a nasty note for using it, adding more to their already tough burden that day).

When we were kids, people talked about not criticizing someone until we had "walked a mile in his moccasins". I don't hear that phrase as much any more as I once did.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
Old 05-05-2018, 11:32 AM   #3257
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolRich59 View Post
I didn't think I'd ever say this, but my pet peeve is Consumer Cellular.

Oh no! Say it ain't so. Consumer Cellular is my safe harbor from the terrible experience I had with tracfone.
Old 05-05-2018, 05:42 PM   #3258
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
............When we were kids, people talked about not criticizing someone until we had "walked a mile in his moccasins". I don't hear that phrase as much any more as I once did.
There used to be a lot of expressions attributed to or referring to native Americans that are rarely used anymore.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:28 PM   #3259

Traveling this past week. So when in America did pressed meat paddies replace real sausages and bacon at hotel breakfast buffets?
Old 05-05-2018, 08:17 PM   #3260

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
Oh no! Say it ain't so. Consumer Cellular is my safe harbor from the terrible experience I had with tracfone.
I hope to be able to retract my pet peeve. Before yesterday, my experience was uniformly positive. I hope this is an aberration. I will find out on Monday when I have a follow up call with them.

I will be sure to post an update!
Closed Thread