What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Another one that I hope is coming back is Taboo with Tom Hardy.

Justified is my favorite series of all time.

The Americans is very good too. One last season to go.

My wife and I should be getting our law degrees by watching 20 years of Law & Order episodes.

Ok I’m out of it. My one can’t miss show is Love Boat, 4pm Sunday afternoons. Once you get past the silly swimsuits and work out clothes, they really were addressing a lot of cutting edge social issues - single women in workforce, divorce, gay folks, racial discrimination. This last week covered elderly drug overdosing. Captain Steuben got it going on!!!

It truly is a golden age of television, but the downside is that if a show fails to grab or hold us, we'll abandon it without a second thought.

Absolutely - and that can be so annoying. I was REALLY liking Freaks and Geeks as well as Boss, both of which were only one season.

TONS of great suggestions in this thread, but I think the thread would be more helpful if the respondent listed the source of the video - i.e. network name, Netflix streaming vs DVD, Amazon, etc. Here's mine:

Ozark - Netflix streaming
Americans - FX, Netflix DVD
Ray Donovan - HBO/Netflix DVD
Curb Your Enthusiasm - Amazon Prime
The Fall - Netflix (both)
The Killing - Netflix (both)
Goliath - Amazon Prime
Arrested Development - Netflix (both)

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee is about it, lol.

Otherwise I prefer watching videos on subjects of interest on Youtube.

Ray Donovan

I know we all have differing opinions, but Ray Donovan just got listed twice. I thought this was one of the most boring shows I've seen in recent memory. I'm just wondering why you like? Just wondering.

Love Peaky Blinders. BBC has so many great series, especially murder mysteries. The character development is always great. If you're into "weird" Hand of God gets you there. Of course, Stranger Things is awesome. Best comedy ever is The Amazing Mrs Maisel. Won big in Golden Globes.

Agree on Peaky Blinders

I know we all have differing opinions, but Ray Donovan just got listed twice. I thought this was one of the most boring shows I've seen in recent memory. I'm just wondering why you like? Just wondering.

I love Ray Donovan. Great acting, John Voight is terrific. There's some things I'm not crazy about. Why does every show have a "troubled teen" angle? But all in all a great show and not boring at all, imo.

Black Mirror on Netflix - By far one of the best series on TV. It streams in 4K HDR which is also a plus.

Different strokes, I guess. I hated Black Mirror. I only watched about 3 episodes, but that one about the PM having to screw a pig to release hostages was just stupid. The others I saw all had "messages" or comment on current behavior but they were as subtle as getting hit by a bus.

Some recommendations for Homeland. Can’t seem to find it on Netflix or Amazon Prime. Where do I find it? Thanks.

Some recommendations for Homeland. Can’t seem to find it on Netflix or Amazon Prime. Where do I find it? Thanks.

Seasons 1-5 are now on Hulu. For any newer episodes you need Showtime.
Very good series.

I just started 'Justified' yesterday - so far so good. If you like Western movie, you like this 'modern day western' :)

It occurred to me binge watching involves hours of sitting on tush. I can easily watch 4 episodes, this sitting is equal to 8-noon at a desk job. Thinking about getting a treadmill in front of the TV. Anyone else thought of this?

It's on Netflix. I've just checked...? Sorry, I was checking the Canada Netfilx.

Here's a website you can see who is streaming what shows. I'm sure there are other websites that do the same thing, but this came up on top. This website shows the only sites that are streaming Homeland in the US for free are SHO and Hulu (Free if you subscribe to these services.)

https://www.justwatch.com/us

The first season was the best of the best.

Last edited:
Not on Netflix streaming, only on their DVDs. I just checked also :)

I love Ray Donovan. Great acting, John Voight is terrific. There's some things I'm not crazy about. Why does every show have a "troubled teen" angle? But all in all a great show and not boring at all, imo.
I just started season 3. Some episodes are better than others. But I agree that Voight really does a good job. Kind of a California-based Supranos!

OMG!!! This looks INCREDIBLE!

https://youtu.be/dhFM8akm9a4

Thanks, that looks great.

We recently finished Black Mirror on Netflix. It has some really great episodes and some so so ones.

We are currently loving Vikings streamed on Amazon Prime. I watched the first two seasons a year or two ago, and finally convinced DW to watch after GOT and Black Mirror.

... Thinking about getting a treadmill in front of the TV. Anyone else thought of this?

Not only did I have the thought but, have been doing it for years. Got to watch a bunch of good Netflix shows both on disc and streaming--including Justified. I've been injured for the last few months so no treadmill for me. I miss it--but couldn't do the treadmill without Netflix.

It occurred to me binge watching involves hours of sitting on tush. I can easily watch 4 episodes, this sitting is equal to 8-noon at a desk job. Thinking about getting a treadmill in front of the TV. Anyone else thought of this?

I have a small TV set up in front of my treadmill. That’s about the only place I watch TV.

Back
Top Bottom