Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-24-2008, 06:56 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurencewill View Post
We'll see in the general election if Barack has the goods. I lean McCain, I've always liked him, but I'm open to Obama. I frankly couldn't be much happier with the candidates, and that's the first time in my adult life I can say that. Considering who some of the 16 or so candidates were who started out this process ( what, a year ago?) I think we are pretty lucky to end up with these two.*

*Hillary is all but mathematically eliminated, the media just likes a good story.
I couldn't agree more about being happy with candidates, what a pleasure to pick between two men of strong character. As for Hillary, she is a Clinton, don't count her out. You probably thought the Glen Close was dead at the end of Fatal Attractions (I knew better)
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2008, 07:24 PM   #42
Administrator

Old 03-24-2008, 07:34 PM   #43
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Obama just seems so "smarmy" to me -he's just good at it so it takes a while to notice
Old 03-24-2008, 07:38 PM   #44
Administrator

Old 03-24-2008, 09:33 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBear View Post
As I'd posted previously, Obama did not make a name for himself while a state senator. The bills that passed, according to the NY Times article include health care for those barely above poverty, a STUDY about welfare success rates, job training for those on Federal aid, helping ex-cons get back into the work force, videotaped interrogations, a STUDY on the race of people stopped for traffice violations, creating an office of immigrant assistance. I just lifted these from the Time article - and I think they underscore the point I made in my earlier post: Senator Obama's semi-obscure record is geared towards a specific community, and doesn't offer promise of working for ALL Americans.
So only blacks are in need of health care, are struggling with poverty, are on welfare or federal aid, are ex-cons, get interrogated and are immigrants? Those categories don't apply to other races? Those bills wouldn't apply to ALL Americans?
dixonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:04 AM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Obama who?? What were we talking about anyway?
chinaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:45 AM   #47
Administrator

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Sounds great to me. When do we start?
Old 03-25-2008, 06:46 AM   #48
Give me a forum ...

Is that really the engine room of the Enterprise?
Old 03-25-2008, 08:10 AM   #49

The same could have said about the Dean-scream (freedom of speech ... link some women in burkas) ... but it ended for him on that night. Voters simply expect better (than 20 year's of spiritual guidance from the likes of Reverend Wright) - from the leader of the free world.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:40 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryan View Post
The same could have said about the Dean-scream (freedom of speech ... link some women in burkas) ... but it ended for him on that night. Voters simply expect better (than 20 year's of spiritual guidance from the likes of Reverend Wright) - from the leader of the free world.
I find the preceived outrage over Obama's relationship with Reverend Wright a bit too much for me to stomach; I come from a different vantage point about this -- I'll just leave it at that. However, this just goes to show me how we really have different perspectives on this perhaps based on differing racial backgrounds, which is the point of a recent article in yesterday's Washington Post.
ChrisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:41 AM   #51
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
*Hillary is all but mathematically eliminated, the media just likes a good story.
Superdelegates.

"I've traded love for pennies, sold my soul for less" -Jim Croce, Age
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:51 AM   #52
Give me a forum ...

If it's Obama and McCain, then the debates will be the first worthwhile political TV to watch in many years........

Much better than "Rathergate" or "Swift Boats for Truth"........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:46 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaco View Post
Obama who?? What were we talking about anyway?
Here's another tall drink water who is not to bad on the eyes
ABC News

Does anyone know what happened to Leonardo?

GOD BLESS US ALL
Seek peace, and pursue it. - Psalms 34:14
Be kind to unkind people - they need it the most - by Ashleigh Brilliant.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:15 PM   #54
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Here's another tall drink water who is not to bad on the eyes
ABC News

Does anyone know what happened to Leonardo?

GOD BLESS US ALL
Wags, I may have been wrong about you........NOW you are bringing some good stuff to the table.........carry on!

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:19 PM   #55
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
Superdelegates.
Eh, they've all stated privately they won't overturn the will of the people. Clinton aides says she has to catch up and pass Barack in popular vote to have a chance of swaying supers, and that's pretty darn near impossible. Something like 20 point landslides in every state here on out.
laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:33 PM   #56
Give me a forum ...

The banner above the video asked about legalizing prostitution. Ok, I'll sell my vote for a date with the Obama girl.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:36 PM   #57
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Eh, they've all stated privately they won't overturn the will of the people. Clinton aides says she has to catch up and pass Barack in popular vote to have a chance of swaying supers, and that's pretty darn near impossible. Something like 20 point landslides in every state here on out.
I listened to James Carville (sp) on CNN, I am pretty sure his definition of the popular vote would include Michigan and Florida (so what if Obama wasn't on the MI ballot).

The refusal of the Obama camp to allow revotes in MI and FL, will be the excuse the Clinton campaign needs justify anything.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:05 PM   #58
Administrator

Old 03-25-2008, 05:47 PM   #59
Give me a forum ...

Gumby

Yes context does matter. I'll admit that he Wright sounds more like a traditional liberal pacifist preacher than American hater in the 9/11 speech. Still turning the other cheek which is what I think he is proposing is not the response I want from a President after 9/11.

Still you can't just blame Fox, CNN, MSBNC and the networks failed to show or even suggest that the clips being shown were really taken out of context.

Thank god for the internet.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:45 PM   #60

When the news media and those who do not like Mr. Obama use selective sound bites from the sermons to discredit Mr. Obama and Pastor Wright they do a great disservice to the truth and to the spirit of fair play.

I too believe that their is nothing wrong with Pastor Wright.

Today Ms. Clinton and her people brought up Mr. Obama's continued relationship with Pastor Wright and with Trinity United Church in order to take the focus away from her Bosnia under sniper fire remarks.

A CBS News article shows that Ms. Clinton has referred to the Bosnia sniper remarks more then once. Thus her campaigns attempts to put the focus on Mr. Obama and Pastor Wright are now clear.

New CBS Video Contradicts Clinton Again, Admits She Misspoke About 1996 Bosnia Trip; Mentioned It In Iowa, Texas And Also Last Week - CBS News

Thanks for the videos on the sermons. I hope that people will listen to them before they pass judgement on Pastor Wright and Mr. Obama.

GOD BLESS US ALL
Seek peace, and pursue it. - Psalms 34:14
Be kind to unkind people - they need it the most - by Ashleigh Brilliant.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote