What podcast episode have you heard lately?

I posted this in another thread about Bitcoin the other day:

Upon the recommendation of a local Public Television broadcaster, I just finished listening to a fascinating BBC podcast called "The Missing Cryptoqueen". It's an 8 part series about/ investigation of the Bulgarian woman who created an alternative crypto currency called One Coin, marketed the hell out of it, made billions and has now been missing for 2+ years. It's a multi-level marketed scam which has is still attracting "investors" even though it's been widely discredited. If you work out, walk or jog it's a great companion for a week or 2.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07nkd84/episodes/downloads

Kate Bowler's Everything Happens podcast is great, but I think the episode where she interviews Alan Alda is a must listen for anyone in the medical profession and also anyone who might ever get sick or have to help an ill family member: Can you hear me now?
It's about communication (or the lack thereof) between medical professionals and patients - an area Alan Alda has worked extensively in recently.

Thanks for this. Just added the series to my que. Lots of good episodes that are important to me now

Here's one to skip. Morningstar "The Long View". They just started this in June and the first guests are folks that would interest most members here, such as Rick Ferri, Michael Kitces and James Montier. The questions are not insightful, though, and Christine Benz never really gets deep into a topic. A real missed opportunity IMO.

I agree. I think I started listening and soon after was disappointed. Same thing with the Bogelheads on Investing podcast. Rick Ferri just doesn't make it interesting for me. He gets good guests. But I'm always left disappointed

If you enjoy unsolved mysteries, look for a podcast regarding Brandy Hall. I believe there are several out there from different sources. It is actually the only podcast I have ever listened to. It involves a firefighter from my department that went missing over 10 years ago. We were on the same fire engine together for several years. A lot of speculation as to what happened to her, but no remains have ever been found.

Back
Top Bottom