What products/services are already obsolete to you NOW?

I think these LP-->CD-->MP3 conversion gymnastics are pretty amusing, considering that the speakers are usually in earbuds or vehicles. Now, if you were sending the acoustics to a stack of Marshalls then I could see the advantage of the added effort.

My classic-rock music will always sound better in my head (especially if I was in the audience for the live version) than it ever will on any speaker. Even sober.

"... and has anybody seen my clothes?"

Ha! While I appreciate the sentiment, a stack of Marshalls is not designed for anything remotely close to hi-fi.

I suppose so, but not in my case. My system looks a lot like this:
images

Homebrew speakers, pre-amps and 5 watt SET amplifiers. The added effort you mention is evident on this set-up.

Agree about your live comment wholeheartedly!

+1

Telephones with a real dial. And carburetors.

Most interesting is the resurgence of LP records! Modern records are sold with the the right to download a digital version of the music for one's iPod of whatever. An increasing number of young people are buying records again!

Last edited:
AUDIO takeover of thread

Since the audio discussion (vinyl vs cd) has completely taken over the thread I thought I'd add to the heap. :dance:

A few years ago when I bought my first wide-screen HDTV (50" Panasonic Plasma which is still AWE-SOME), I decided to set up a 5.1 surround sound. (Yamaha receiver, Polk center Fronts, Backs, Kliplisch sub. Anyway, I also decided to set up my old audio system. For kicks, I started to google the equipment and was shocked to see what some of it was going for! The equipment now goes for more than I paid for it back in 1980, and some things (like a Shure V15 Type IV MR cartridge) are hard to replace.

Audio/ripping discussion thread...:confused:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1
Back to the OP - I'll add this one:
Filing cabinet

Seems like everything important on paper either fits in a single physical folder or shoebox. And almost everything important is electronic these days. I realized this after I noticed I hardly ever file anything any more.

Just take the will, passports, birth certificates etc and toss em in a shoe box. Keep everything else digitally backed up on the cloud.

Agee with every single bullet point in midpack's post.

Add film cameras, CD players, phonographs.

Used travel agents maybe once or twice. Haven't used a financial advisor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom