What song best describes (or is) you?

For a combined few weeks in my life, "Don't worry, Be happy" was it for me. When I FIRE, I wished to reclaim the song as mine for keeps.

The Ventures....Walk Don't Run...first Gold, recorded around 1960...Yes, I remember them very well..

I had a couple of "Play guitar with the Ventures" albums. One of the first songs I learned was the theme from "Secret Agent"... :dance:

Z

Z

Attachments

• 200.jpg
    200.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Back in my programming days it might have been "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns and Roses.

The Ventures....Walk Don't Run...first Gold, recorded around 1960...Yes, I remember them very well..

As a kid, I remember listening to "Walk Don't Run", "Pipeline", and "Wipeout". I did not know these were surf rock music. I don't know if these are still being listened to anymore.

I guess some beach bums can claim these represent their life, but am afraid most posters here worked too hard and spent too many years at megacorps or in salt mines to be able to do that.

As a kid, I remember listening to "Walk Don't Run", "Pipeline", and "Wipeout". I did not know these were surf rock music. I don't know if these are still being listened to anymore.

I guess some beach bums can claim these represent their life, but am afraid most posters here worked too hard and spent too many years at megacorps or in salt mines to be able to do that.

I remember lying on the beach in a tiny string bikini and sunglasses, baking in the sun, back in the summer of 1966. While my friends surfed, I struggled through reading and assignments for my World Civilization class. It was still fun, they were still my friends, we laughed and had fun, and while they surfed I still managed to learn enough to get through the class.

I can't say that I remember much about World Civilization, though..... :D

I think I'd be the e-trade baby in a commercial - the little guy sings!:

I can't say one song is me or defines me. Better said, there seems to be a sound track of my life made up of songs that play over and over in my head. Not surprisingly the vast majority are from my youth--60s and 70s. Here's just one.

Neil Young - Heart Of Gold - YouTube

I am going for "Scots Wha Hae" but I mentioned it to my wife and she said it should be "Evil Scotsman" as done by Billie Connolly. The original name is "Trouble" and is not original with Billie but I really like his version but do not agree with her pronouncement.

Lot's of them. But I'm still partial to a good version of 'Rednecks, White Socks and Blue Ribbon Beer'.

However there's a Russian version of 'Coming in on a Wing and a Prayer' on U-Tube with jumpy almost Cajun/Zdecco like melody I've listening too lately.

heh heh heh - :D

Redneck Woman by Gretchen Wilson or Les Miserables Master of the House

Back
Top Bottom