What the Bunny has been doing since he left the forum

He WAS a wealth of information on so many things...plus, I thought he was hysterical at times. I miss him.

He's no doubt leading an underground revolution to drive AMD out of business.........:)

I still can't figure out why some feel like they have to totally disappear from a forum. We all get bored and get involved in other things, but to make a final exit and close the door seems unnecessary.

Dawg, we've discussed this a number of times and I think CFB said it best in his last post:
You see, I lack a volume control in almost everything...its all done with on/off switches and the throttles are welded open. To do what I've done here over the last 5 years, I have to give up on doing other things that I'd enjoy more and would be better for me.
We're all wired a little differently and he admits to having only an on/off switch - no way he could dial back his participation. He found he was devoting way too much time here and flipped the switch to off...

Dawg, we've discussed this a number of times and I think CFB said it best in his last post:

Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny
You see, I lack a volume control in almost everything...its all done with on/off switches and the throttles are welded open. To do what I've done here over the last 5 years, I have to give up on doing other things that I'd enjoy more and would be better for me.

We're all wired a little differently and he admits to having only an on/off switch - no way he could dial back his participation. He found he was devoting way too much time here and flipped the switch to off...

Not only that, but Bunny's volume control goes to 11;)

YouTube - Spinal Tap - 11

Maybe so. Me..........I'm just a little more laid back.

snoop.jpg

Entrepreneur4Lif’s comment from the first article’s comment section:

This misleading headline trying to alarm Mac users into reading the story waits until the middle of the the article to say that it is platform agnostic and not related to whether or not the computer is a Mac. Phishing scams are not new nor the latest thing....

Come back, Bunny. This place is crawling with Mac users, even I have defected.

When I even read the headlines, it was obvious that phishing had nothing to do with Macs or not Macs. Like duh!

Sure, owning a Mac does not mean I might not get fooled by a phishing email. I got a very convincing one a few months ago using all the official BofA logos. I forwarded it on to the BofA fraud department.

Audrey

P.S. Mac users since 1986

When I even read the headlines, it was obvious that phishing had nothing to do with Macs or not Macs. Like duh!

Exactly - it would be like having a headline "People with Cordless Phones in their home no safer from sales calls at dinner than people with Corded Phones". Waste of paper/bandwidth.

Phishing has nothing to do with the OS.

I enjoyed CFB's post, but you gotta admit, he was a bit of a Wintel bigot.... he never really gave the folks at Apple much respect....

heh-heh-heh - I still think he left because he couldn't take another 6 months going by w/o a wide spread virus in the Mac World, despite his constant ranting about how we were just as "vulnerable". ;)

And technically, he may be right, but "vulnerability" and "cases of actual attacks" are two different things (which CFB always spun some FUD and flack about to attempt to deflect that fact). And for as long as I don't have to worry about actual attacks, I won't. And I haven't for as long as I've been on OSX (and now a bit of time on Linux). No CPU cycles being eaten up by anti-virus SW is a good thing, no constant downloading of anti-virus updates is a good thing.

-ERD50

Oh WOW, I just went back and looked at the CFB participation a couple of years. All I can say is CONGRATS to him. It looked like he posted every 10-15 minutes, and in addition must have been doing lots of "googles" to find info. So his life was this board evidently because I saw that he was on here 7 days a week.

Hope he is enjoying his family.

Exactly - it would be like having a headline "People with Cordless Phones in their home no safer from sales calls at dinner than people with Corded Phones". Waste of paper/bandwidth.
Great analogy!
And technically, he may be right, but "vulnerability" and "cases of actual attacks" are two different things (which CFB always spun some FUD and flack about to attempt to deflect that fact). And for as long as I don't have to worry about actual attacks, I won't. And I haven't for as long as I've been on OSX (and now a bit of time on Linux). No CPU cycles being eaten up by anti-virus SW is a good thing, no constant downloading of anti-virus updates is a good thing.
I don't believe that the OSX is nearly as vulnerable as Windows because of the way the Mac OS was completely redone at the bottom layer on a very secure UNIX. And Apple is aggressive about keeping things secure. It's been tough for Microsoft to do this because it can break software compatibility and there is so much old legacy software out there for Windows. The Windows OS layers were never as cleanly protected from each other as the Apple layers were.

However, I'm sure there will come the day where someone does manage to develop a virus - I'm sure the lack of vulnerability of the Mac OS is just a beacon to those creative software rogues out there. We'll have to be careful too. But it sure has been nice not dealing with this cr@p.

Audrey

I used to bring up new windows computers on the company network. The virus killer McAfee installer was on a network drive. It was always a race to get McAfee installed before the new computer got infected. Never had to install virus software on the mac computers since most virus's are designed for windows. Sometimes a virus would infect the new computer within 2 minutes of the first bootup of a new windows computer.

I used to care about computers. When I was working. Now they are just like a TV set. If it works, fine. If not, head to Costco for a new one that does.

I used to bring up new windows computers on the company network. The virus killer McAfee installer was on a network drive. It was always a race to get McAfee installed before the new computer got infected. Never had to install virus software on the mac computers since most virus's are designed for windows. Sometimes a virus would infect the new computer within 2 minutes of the first bootup of a new windows computer.
Someone in your corporation wasn't doing his/her job.

Someone in your corporation wasn't doing his/her job.

IT was definitely fighting the virus war but we were having to live with the virus's on the network until they eradicated them.

Back
Top Bottom