What would you do?? selling Luxury bag on line

sell the bag yourself or hand it over to online store

• Go with rebagg, a guaranteed bird in the hand.

Votes: 35 87.5%
  • Sell yourself, what are you crazy, that's an extra 500 bucks

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • other. always have to be an other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
(emphasis mine) I am assuming from "most of the time", that you have used this purse at least once.

However lightly it may have been used, I simply CANNOT imagine the mindset of someone who would pay $1200 for a used purse. :eek: And yet, apparently people like that really do exist and are looking for them on the internet.

I think I am missing the "expensive purse gene", if there is such a thing. :2funny: I did find my Favorite Purse Ever a couple of years ago - - this one, which is usually on sale for around $34 on Amazon and that is what I paid. Mine is navy. Oh, and also it was new. :D

LOL people purchase them all the time. It's pretty much like any other vice. my late husband was a huge sports memorabilia specifically fooball stuff. the money he spent on autographed helmets floored me and my best friend, who is the queen of the yard sale EXCEPT for pumps, the women won't spend more than 12 bucks on jeans but will drop 1,000 bucks on a pair of Jimmy choos. go figure.

I'm in love with this bag.

won't buy it at the retail price of $4500 bucks but definitely can understand that someone would..

thanks all, off to send it to rebagg

Last edited:
bclover - I see you are going with the Rebagg offer. As someone who sells a lot on eBay, I agree this is the best move with this particular item. On eBay, these items attract serious buyers, and serious scammers.

Omalley

LOL people purchase them all the time. It's pretty much like any other vice. my late husband was a huge sports memorabilia specifically fooball stuff. the money he spent on autographed helmets floored me and my best friend, who is the queen of the yard sale EXCEPT for pumps, the women won't spend more than 12 bucks on jeans but will drop 1,000 bucks on a pair of Jimmy choos. go figure.

I'm in love with this bag.
[...]

won't buy it at the retail price of $4500 bucks but definitely can understand that someone would..

thanks all, off to send it to rebagg
I'm not saying it's wrong to like these expensive handbags! If you want that bag, and can afford it, then more power to you. :D I just don't connect with that sort of handbag at all, myself, so I don't really understand wanting something like that (especially used! eww, for some reason that seems kind of icky to me, even if just lightly used).

I looked for years for just the right one, so I am pretty particular about them too, but in a different way. I just hope they don't stop making mine now that I have found it. :LOL: Luckily, after two years it looks just like it did the day I bought it. It's really tough and seems to resist water, stains, dirt, and weather, which is one of the many characteristics about it that I like.

Glad you decided to sell it at rebagg! That was my vote and I think it was the best decision.

Last edited:
Something else about those high-end bags. A "slightly used" luxury bag will not show any wear. After 2 or 3 years of near daily use it would look as good or better as a lower end bag after a month's use. It's the same reason a lot of people buy expensive cards on the resale market that are two years old. That high price tag isn't all about a fancy name, but there is good quality underneath all that. (We can all of course debate how much, and yes a huge chunk of the price is because of the brand, the name, advertising, etc.,). Heck even 20 year+ vintage bags will reach several hundreds.

Oh and yeah it's really pretty.

Ya but......its just a bag. It's purpose is to carry your stuff, period. Functionally, a $20 bag from a discount store does the same job. So 99% of the "value" is image.

Disclaimer: I am still using modestly priced purses that I bought 20-30 years ago.

Last edited:
Ya but......its just a bag. It's purpose is to carry your stuff, period. Functionally, a $20 bag from a discount store does the same job. So 99% of the "value" is image.

Disclaimer: I am still using modestly priced purses that I bought 20-30 years ago.

We could apply this philosophy to almost everything in our lives, from restaurants to cars to clothing to housing and even travel (as my non-traveling relatives do--why leave home? You can see all those places and things on youtube). Think of the money we would save!

We could apply this philosophy to almost everything in our lives, from restaurants to cars to clothing to housing and even travel (as my non-traveling relatives do--why leave home? You can see all those places and things on youtube). Think of the money we would save!

I realize that. I also understand that everyone values purchases differently. Perhaps the buyers of these expensive purses are all sitting at home watching YouTube travel videos, cycling everywhere and growing their own food, but I doubt it!

I post on a wine forum as well. You should see what kind of money people spend on "grape juice". Some collections are modest, a few thousand dollars, but many are tens of thousands of dollars.

Man, if I coulda' sold my kids as easily as a barely used Louie Vuitton bag (and for as much) we'd be on easy street today. :D

Sell the bag. Grab the cash.

I realize that. I also understand that everyone values purchases differently. Perhaps the buyers of these expensive purses are all sitting at home watching YouTube travel videos, cycling everywhere and growing their own food, but I doubt it!

Maybe, maybe not--you never know. You'd think the market for Louis Vuitton (originally a luggage manufacturer back in the mid-1800s) would include people who like to travel, too.

I don't have the high-end fashion gene but my DIL does. She wears $1.99 Target flipflops one day and those red-soled high heels the next. She could probably appraise the OP's bag in her sleep. I should ask her what she thinks OP should do with it.

I am totally unimpressed by exclusive/designer whatever, not to mention my budget not supporting said purchases. YMMV...

I bought my Michael Kors at 75% off (Black Friday 3 am with Macy's 20% coupon) for $100 3 Novembers ago and still prefer to stick cell / keys in pocket. Missing purse gene

+100

Often a carefully selected low priced bag will hold up nicely for years, do the job, look good, and can be preferable to a high priced bag.

I used to believe I was also missing the expensive purse gene until I sold two Louie Vuitton purses for my hairdresser. The one purse was seven years old and had been used almost daily . It looked brand new . Almost no signs of wear and after seven years it sold for $750 .Try that with an inexpensive purse .

Just wondering : cost per use? If you pay 2k for an item, use it for 5 yrs, sell it for 750 VERSUS pay 100 use it for 5 yrs, donate to charity, replace. Not that I'm replacing in the forsee able future

Last edited:
Not a judgement, but I just don't understand the bags and shoes things. (I do watch enough Price is Right to know the ones dear wife used to buy were NOT the real good stuff though.)

I had a hard time paying $210 for my SAS shoes after the podiatrist sent me to the outlet mall. Wallets and Belts are always gifts so I'll bet they're more expensive than I imagine.

Dear Daughters on the other hand love this stuff.

Oh I don't. I totally admit, I love LV bags and I love coach bags but for me they are treats. I have one other lv ba, an ALMA PM bag. I saved, saved, saved for that bag and I made it my goal for doing well in grad school. Most of the women I know who like high end stuff like that,view it as a treat.

So the year it took me to save up for the bag (I did it with my disposable cash, no skipping savings or bill paying) I did skip vacation and eating out. lol, so yep I lived vicariously through travel shows.

Now I'm sure they make their living off of truly wealthy folks. definitely can't see them surviving off of folks like me who buy a bag like that a few times in their life time.

also, through out my life obligations change, when I was a stay at home mom and my late husband was starting his business, lol a yellow diaper c bag was pretty much my standard look. :rolleyes: We took a cruise last year and the ship had a Chanel boutique on board, I didn't buy anything but I saw a gorgeous red number that I seriously considered, now my stage in life allows me to have a little more fun. I can purchase an item or two for no other reason than I think it's pretty.

Oh I don't. I totally admit, I love LV bags and I love coach bags but for me they are treats. I have one other lv ba, an ALMA PM bag. I saved, saved, saved for that bag and I made it my goal for doing well in grad school. Most of the women I know who like high end stuff like that,view it as a treat.

So the year it took me to save up for the bag (I did it with my disposable cash, no skipping savings or bill paying) I did skip vacation and eating out. lol, so yep I lived vicariously through travel shows.

Now I'm sure they make their living off of truly wealthy folks. definitely can't see them surviving off of folks like me who buy a bag like that a few times in their life time.

also, through out my life obligations change, when I was a stay at home mom and my late husband was starting his business, lol a yellow diaper c bag was pretty much my standard look. :rolleyes: We took a cruise last year and the ship had a Chanel boutique on board, I didn't buy anything but I saw a gorgeous red number that I seriously considered, now my stage in life allows me to have a little more fun. I can purchase an item or two for no other reason than I think it's pretty.

Enjoy! That's the whole point of working and saving so hard. To afford the things that make us happy.

I voted take the $$$$.
If you sell on ebay , a scammer will probably win the bid, then claim you
- didn't send the bag.
- sent a bag but it is fake.

Either way ebay will side with the purchaser, and while the purchaser may send you back the "fake" bag , it won't be the one you sent...

Back
Top Bottom