What you consider *superior* products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pacific Coast Down Blanket (from Costco). Thinner than a down comforter. Not too hot. Just right.

Kindest regards.

Last year I bought a Miele vacuum. It was expensive and worth every penny. It works great because we have a combination of hardwoods/rugs and there's a toggle switch on the handle that I hit when I need to go from one surface to another. I can't believe how nice it is. My floors have never been cleaner. It's super easy to use and sucks up dirt better than anything I've ever used before (and we had a nice Panasonic before).

I've had one for 18 years..terrific suction and is really quiet.

I've had one for 18 years..terrific suction and is really quiet.

How quiet is "quiet"? One of my wishes is for a vacuum cleaner that doesn't require ear protection to use. I didn't know any were made.

How quiet is "quiet"? One of my wishes is for a vacuum cleaner that doesn't require ear protection to use. I didn't know any were made.
We have a Miele too. Not silent, but pretty darn quiet. The dogs don't mind it.

We also have a Roomba. Louder, not as effective, but I like the level of work required to run it. Our male poodle likes to whack the "On" button to make it go. Your dog sheds, my dog vacuums. :LOL:

I love gadgets, but ever since I first heard of the built-in "palm of the hand" meat thermometer, I've become an even greater lover of the simplicity of it.

We also have a Roomba. Louder, not as effective, but I like the level of work required to run it. Our male poodle likes to whack the "On" button to make it go. Your dog sheds, my dog vacuums. :LOL:

Cool. A dog who cleans up after himself!

We have a Miele too. Not silent, but pretty darn quiet. The dogs don't mind it.

Yes..definitely don't need ear plugs. Go find one and listen ;)

Are you guys talking about the canister Miele vacuums or the upright ones?

Here are a few that come to mind:

Griswold Cast Iron Pans (The old ones you get at yard sales. They are the best!)

Hunter Ceiling Fans

Hudsons Bay Point Blankets

Soapstone Wood Burning Stove

Rolex Watches

Filson Shirts

Boggs Boots

Sheffield Laser Knives (I have had the same set for over 23 years).

Royal Robbins Cargo Shorts

KEF Speakers

What is a watch?

Hey! I bought a new one a little while ago. I missed my wristwatch! It looks like something Don Draper would wear :D

I saw some show that said wristwatches were designed by Cartier so that aviators could sync time without having to take their hands off controls.

Hey! I bought a new one a little while ago. I missed my wristwatch! It looks like something Don Draper would wear :D

I saw some show that said wristwatches were designed by Cartier so that aviators could sync time without having to take their hands off controls.
Oh yea, I remember now. They were like bracelets that working people wore.

Oh yea, I remember now. They were like bracelets that working people wore.

:D

I am one of the exceptions. I don't whip out smartphones to check the time. To me, there are too many people led around on a leash by their devices.

But I sure don't have a Rolex!

Love, love, LOVE my Thermapen. $$$ but super fast, precise, and awesome. I believe in precision in grilling. :D

I went throughout a lot of slow, flakey and tough to use "instant" read thermometers before finally springing for this one. Problem solved! [I still use a remote probe for some monitoring of meat on the grill, and then when it's getting close, use the Thermopen to more precisely probe the meat to know when each pieces is just right.]

Use it for a lot of stove top cooking measurement too - of just about everything.

DH uses it to know when his cakes are done.

ThermoWorks - Splash-Proof Thermapen® Thermometer

Last edited:
All right! Glad to see another happy owner of the Thermapen (see my earlier posts).

For Mother's Day big family party last weekend, I grilled some chicken satay on skewers. The Thermapen's sharp and small tip worked wonderfully with that. Wouldn't even think of using a regular probe with thin strips of meat.

See photo below, linked off Foodnetwork Web site.

HI0214_hip-hip-hooray-chicken-satay_s4x3.jpg.rend.sni12col.landscape.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been a Thermapen fan for well over ten years -- it's my favorite cooking tool by far.

For the long cooks, like when I do ribs on the BGE, I also highly recommend the Maverick ET-732 probe/transmitter remote thermometer:

Amazon.com : Maverick Et-732 Remote Bbq Smoker Thermometer : Grill Parts : Patio, Lawn & Garden

I've had previous models of this unit that were either not durable or not reliable over more than 10 feet or so, but they finally got it right with this version. I've used it regularly (at least several times a month) for nearly three years, and it's still performing like new. Haven't even had to change the batteries.

What is a watch?

A timepiece worn on the wrist by people who have to care what time it is. There are unfortunately times when I do but thankfully not often.

A truckload of Timexes can be had for the price of one Rolex. I'll spend the difference on camera gear.:LOL:

Moemg....What model of the "Shark home floor steamer" do you use? I need something good for my tile floors also.

Interesting I do not consider a Rolex as a superior product. It is a good watch, a nice piece of jewelry, but if it were evaluated strictly as a watch, there are, IMHO, others more accurate and a lot cheaper. I wear a Casio Atomic analog watch. I paid $50 for it, it is accurate to second, syncs with an atomic clock every night, waterproof, is solar powered and is going on four years use. For me that is a superior product, if you judge a watch by it's capability to keep accurate time day after day, and the price is just a bonus.

I wear a Wenger (Swiss Army) Urban Classic. It cost more than yours, but had what I wanted: simple (I don't want all those dials, just time/date), solid, and basic.

I know we have some Big Green Egg enthusiasts here. As I get ready to fire mine up, I want to share one of the coolest gadgets I've seen. DW surprised me with this BGE table for my birthday this year, and I absolutely love it.

It's all stainless steel, either painted or powder coated, and all the doors are gasketed so critters can't get in. Wonderfully well engineered and constructed.

They come in many sizes and configurations. The pix here don't show mine, but this is very similar to the one I have. There are smaller and larger versions. Somewhat pricey, but very well made and should last as long as the Egg (meaning forever).

Challenger Cabinets :: Grill Carts

Attachments

• cart1.jpg
    cart1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 31
  • cart2.jpg
    cart2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 32
A question, not a recommendation

What is the best spray bottle vinyl floor cleaner? I habitually use Simple Green, but I don't think it is that good to clean my floor. The floor is in good shape. I move anything off floor, then start in corner farthest from door, squirt, then usually rub it with a terry towel wither by hand or my foot. It seems to be pretty good rehab exercise for my hip so usually I foot it. I just work over to the door this way. I do it fairly often, so it is not filthy or anything

I can rinse if need be, but prefer something that will work without rinses.

Thanks for taking time out from all the cool products above to help a housework challenged man who nevertheless likes a clean house.

Ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom