What Your Car Says About You

Anyway, the real reason to drive a Prius is that it is perceived to be green, which as we all know is much more important than being green. Only annoying oddballs care about reality, but almost everyone cares about his standing in the community. :)

Ha

Image doesn't explain why a significant, and I think increasing, segment of the taxicab fleet here in Seattle has gone Prius, which you must have noticed in your perambulations about the town. I doubt that cab companies would rate being perceived as green higher than durability, reliability and economy of operation.

Image doesn't explain why a significant, and I think increasing, segment of the taxicab fleet here in Seattle has gone Prius, which you must have noticed in your perambulations about the town. I doubt that cab companies would rate being perceived as green higher than durability, reliability and economy of operation.

In NYC the city forced the cabs to be hybrids. Perhaps that is why Seattle has them?

I have noticed a lot of those cabs. I figured it was green marketing, but I really didn't think a lot about it, so they may be better in varous roles.

Ha

In NYC the city forced the cabs to be hybrids. Perhaps that is why Seattle has them?
Not that I know of, but it's possible. I did a quick google, and the articles mostly talk about pending legislation that would make it possible for Seattle (and several other cities) to require all cabs to be hybrids, which does not sound as if any such requirement is yet in effect.

Taxis are a good application for hybrids in a milder climate. Lots of stop and go cycles that maximize the electric operation and regeneration capabilities, as well of lots of "idling" where a hybrid uses no gas at all. Also reduces local pollution in a crowded urban environment. It would be interesting to see the total cost savings, if any.

profilepic7183_6.gif

Finally got a decent pic of my car. Thought I'd update this thread.

Yeah, it is a little small.

1976 Monte Carlo. The photo is the only thing about the car that is small.

95 Jaguar XJ6 4.0 litre
98 GMC 4x4 1/2 ton 5.0 litre
99 GMC suburban 3/4 ton 7.4 litre gas hog.

I'll let the analysts figure out what it all says. I just like 'em.

Someone said my last pic was too small. Here is a different one. Disregard the funny looking guy leaning against the car:
383764_2457779858024_1657957258_32738319_811892452_n.jpg

Keim, that is a truly awesome car. And the pose is exactly the sort of look you should have leaning up against that monster!

Thanks, Sarah. It is my big boy toy. Totally illogical, costs too much to run, etc. But I don't care. Driving it always makes me smile!:cool:

Oh Keim, do not send me down that road again of wanting one again. I last had a cool old car when I turned 30 and bought an equivalent age Caddy convertible (1970).

I was laughing about your pose, as I have an old snapshot of DH leaning in exactly the same way as a teenager in front of his Camaro.

How else does one lean against a car? It is the classic pose!

Oh Keim, do not send me down that road again of wanting one again. I last had a cool old car when I turned 30 and bought an equivalent age Caddy convertible (1970)

Poor baby! Guess you'll just have to muddle through with your cool old Argosy and your cool old boat. lol!

When I showed DH the pic of Keim's car, he couldn't help but notice that it is a 1976, just like our Airstream Argosy and the old boat. Maybe we do need to add something to our Bicentennial collection, now that I think about it!

Your DH knows his Monte Carlos. Not much difference between a 76 and a 77 to the casual observer.

Back
Top Bottom