Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

• Finalize a bucket list before I retire (1/12)
  • Downsize from the MacMansion
  • Road trips with DW to visit major sites in U.S., including attending games at all baseball stadiums we haven't been to
  • Shoot < 80 round of golf (not including pitch and putt)
  • Take a few college courses for enjoyment
  • Spend more time reading
  • Build a dedicated library room for DW (she is a librarian and loves books)
  • Get down to ~ 10% BF
  • Be around long enough to see grand kids (neither of our children are married as of yet)
  • Continue volunteering in my community
  • Learn to paint
  • Bump my Ham Radio License from General to Extra
  • Stop worring about do I have enough

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Send a message via Skype™ to kcowan
Working our way through the bucket list. Very personal so will not share it.

(Went throught the Smithsonian in 75. I guess there has been some stuff added since? Have done both Disneys several times. Plus all those other attractions. Cirque de Soleil Orlando was the last time.)

Old 06-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #23
Dryer sheet wannabe

moemg....you might want to go to Savannah a little later in the year......september is still extremely hot, sticky, humid, mosqitoey! it has already been close to 100 here 30 min below Atlanta....boy this is going to be a LONG<HOT miserable summer if things continue the way the last couple of weeks have been. Does not make it any easier to deal with knowing that I could be pulling the plug on ER the end of September.......

only one thing on my bucket list:
visit all the state & national campgrounds in the good ole USA! so much beauty right here and I want to see as much of it as I can before I die.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #24

My list mostly involves riding my bike. This summer I'll be riding my bike 850 miles around Iceland....so that will be one to take off the list.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Retired 1993 age 49. May have had a bucket list - briefly.

Since discovering this forum - I work as has hard as I can starting every morning to do nothing in particular.

To date I have not been successful. Sometimes catch myself making lists and when I finally summon the courage I tear them up.

heh heh heh - I have made verbal promises for more trips this year - West coast, East coast, New Orleans, - I have to watch talking on the phone.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemick View Post
Retired 1993 age 49. May have had a bucket list - briefly.

Since discovering this forum - I work as has hard as I can starting every morning to do nothing in particular.

To date I have not been successful. Sometimes catch myself making lists and when I finally summon the courage I tear them up.

heh heh heh - I have made verbal promises for more trips this year - West coast, East coast, New Orleans, - I have to watch talking on the phone.
And I thought you had a permanent BL item about espousing the virtues of Norwegian Widow Stocks
Old 06-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
moemg....you might want to go to Savannah a little later in the year......september is still extremely hot, sticky, humid, mosqitoey! it has already been close to 100 here 30 min below Atlanta....boy this is going to be a LONG<HOT miserable summer if things continue the way the last couple of weeks have been. .

Thanks we will go in late October or early November .
Old 09-09-2011, 01:56 PM   #28
Full time employment: Posting here.

I don't have a written bucket list per se, but I've always been intrigued by the operation of heavy equipment. This is so outside my usual realm of interests and abilities it's ridiculous----but it just seems fascinating to be able to control large machinery. But I knew I couldn't just ask a heavy equipment operator to scoot over and let me take charge---so it would be unlikely I could ever attempt this.

But lo and behold---I just read about a heavy equipment amusement park where adults play with lifesize Tonka toys! In Las Vegas! And half the visitors are female.

Heavy-Duty Playground Opens in Las Vegas | ENR: Engineering News Record | McGraw-Hill Construction

So---I guess it really is possible to make ANY bucket list wish come true.....if you are willing to spend the money and time, there is a way to make it happen.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #29
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangomonster View Post
I don't have a written bucket list per se, but I've always been intrigued by the operation of heavy equipment. This is so outside my usual realm of interests and abilities it's ridiculous----but it just seems fascinating to be able to control large machinery. But I knew I couldn't just ask a heavy equipment operator to scoot over and let me take charge---so it would be unlikely I could ever attempt this.

But lo and behold---I just read about a heavy equipment amusement park where adults play with lifesize Tonka toys! In Las Vegas! And half the visitors are female.

Heavy-Duty Playground Opens in Las Vegas | ENR: Engineering News Record | McGraw-Hill Construction

So---I guess it really is possible to make ANY bucket list wish come true.....if you are willing to spend the money and time, there is a way to make it happen.
+1 A couple of years ago I was at a ski resort on a particularly nice day and they had a snow cat pushing around huge mountains of snow to prepare a pond for a pond skimming contest planned for the next day. All of us guys (and I guess some of the gals as well) were on a deck overlooking the work and having a brew. We had serious cases of envy as we watched the operator going about his business.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:13 PM   #30
Give me a forum ...

While I don't yet have a written list, the essence of it is to attend a number of significant world sporting events.

Summer Olympics
Winter Olympics*
The Masters
U.S. (Golf) Open
British Open
PGA Championship
Ryder Cup
President's Cup*
Australian Open
French Open
Wimbledon*
U.S. (Tennis) Open*
Daytona 500*
Indianapolis 500
Kentucky Derby
Preakness
Belmont
Super Bowl
Stanley Cup Finals
Frozen Four (College hockey)
World Series
World Cup

* done

you get the idea.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #31
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
While I don't yet have a written list, the essence of it is to attend a number of significant world sporting events.
Their finals are on my list. So are the playoffs, regular season and pre-season.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pillow-fight-league.jpg (20.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 09-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #32
Give me a forum ...

Send a message via Skype™ to kcowan
Stroked off another one today with a visit to Juno Beach and Omaha Beach. Well worth it!