Join Early Retirement Today

What's Paula smoking?
Old 01-30-2008, 02:47 AM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

What's Paula smoking?

Watching American Idol last night (Omaha) and couldnt help but notice that Paula was acting really strange,Is she on something or does she have some medical condition?
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2008, 03:20 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Remember she got in late. Probably a canceled flight late connection. Remember we are talking about getting into Omaha Neb. I've looked at getting into there for the Berkshire shareholder meeting it isn't easy.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:43 AM   #3
gone traveling

Why are you watching? Who cares.
dumpster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:50 AM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
Remember she got in late. Probably a canceled flight late connection. Remember we are talking about getting into Omaha Neb. I've looked at getting into there for the Berkshire shareholder meeting it isn't easy.
The judges don't fly commercial.

Several of the past shows have shown Simon and Randy arriving on a G550
saluki9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:08 AM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Umm after seeing a few excerpts from her show Hey Paula shown on The Soup, I would have to say to me that Paula appears to be a bit of a wack job. There is something going on with her because her behaviour seemed really bizarre.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:41 AM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

When she laid her torso on the table with her butt sticking out I told my husband she's trying to fart! I kid you not. 24 years ago when my youngest was just a baby and had terrible colic, I put her in that position on my forearm so she could pass gas.
stargazer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

I really felt for her, imagine celebrities are people too! Wow, imperfect! This morning I feel just like she looked, like its a really bad Monday morning. Now to look for some breakfast.
CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:06 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Watching American Idol last night (Omaha) and couldnt help but notice that Paula was acting really strange,Is she on something or does she have some medical condition?

I heard once that she has a history of severe, chronic neck pain. Who knows if she was having a flare up and needed some extra pain killers or something? Pure conjecture, but a possibility.

(55, married; Mr. Simple Girl, 59. FIRED 12/31/19!)
simple girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:22 AM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

She has a severe back pain and takes strong narcotics for it.

ABC News: Paula Abdul's Horrific Chronic Pain Battle
F-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:13 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Umm after seeing a few excerpts from her show Hey Paula shown on The Soup, I would have to say to me that Paula appears to be a bit of a wack job. There is something going on with her because her behaviour seemed really bizarre.
Spouse reports that Paula also hypercaffeinates and eats a lot of candy bars in between skipping regular meals. By the time she gets through her day she's both wired and hypoglycemic...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:24 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
Spouse reports that Paula also hypercaffeinates and eats a lot of candy bars in between skipping regular meals. By the time she gets through her day she's both wired and hypoglycemic...
This is not unusual with people taking opiate pain killers. DW is on some heavy duty stuff and to stay even partly lucid she hypercaffeinates and eats a lot of candy. Despite this she has lost weight. Being in chronic pain is a living Hell.