What's Up with Prince Charles?

Eagle43

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Today's news that Charles is gonna marry Camilla? He was once married to Diana and he likes Camilla? :confused: :confused:

My God, Man, have you no decency? How can you do this? How can the Brits tolerate this abomination? I thought the Royals had impeccable taste.

If there were ever a man who needs Early Retirement, It's Prince Charles. Skip him, move on to his children, and save the empire.

Of course, to mis-quote Dennis Miller: "That's just my opinion. I could be wrong." :D

I ALWAYS thought Camilla was the right woman for him.
They just seemed like a match to me. In fact, I always thought Camilla
was pretty hot.
BTW, DW thinks I am nuts.
No accounting for taste. right ? :)

JG

Seems like the Bonny Prince is coming up in the world. Last I heard he was content to be Camilla P-B's tampon. Which I guess is a pretty strong, if unorthodox, statement of love.

Mikey

. . . My God, Man, have you no decency?  How can you do this?  How can the Brits tolerate this abomination? I thought the Royals had impeccable taste. . .
Have you taken a good look at Charles. I'm guessing a DNA sample would show a high correlation with Bassett Hounds. Camilla is a step up on the genetic ladder for this guy. :)

I've never seen such cruelty. Well, actually I have,
but I digress :) I wish Charles and Camilla all the best,
and any of you poor souls who have never been
"a fool for love"............. feel free to cast the first stone.

JG

Have you taken a good look at Charles. I'm guessing a DNA sample would show a high correlation with Bassett Hounds. Camilla is a step up on the genetic ladder for this guy. :)

Maybe a little too much inbreeding on that little island ;)

The Queen's image is on Canadian coinage and our $20 bill.

Once she croaks, I think the "Royals" are history in Canada.

He has probably been in love with Camilla since before he married Diana. The marriage to Diana was more for tradition and show than love, from what I gather.

If there were ever a man who needs Early Retirement, It's Prince Charles.  Skip him, move on to his children, and save the empire.

Prince Charles is not next in line for the throne. Some time back the title of heir was given to his eldest son (William?). So that's taken care of already. ;)

Once again I have to agree with JG....

It's obvious the guy has been in love with Camilla forever...grant, he's not my type, but clearly not a beautiful young, non-intellectual kindergarten teacher's type either.  Diana was a special person, but not cut out to be the wife of Charles!

I am glad that he has decided to live a private and public life that "match".

Not sure why this is anyone's business either, but I guess when you are a "royal" you must worry about what others think (probably the reason he foolishly married Diana in first place).

I heard a good explanation for this relationship today. Prince Charles was an avid polo player and that activity led him to develop deep respect and admiration for horses. Eventually he came to love horses. Now he has carried that love into his marriage. ;)

Today's news that Charles is gonna marry Camilla?

He is a grown-man and should be able to choose whom he wants to marry. People should have the right to choose regardless of their status, race, religion, etc....

Spanky

Prince Charles is not next in line for the throne. Some time back the title of heir was given to his eldest son (William?). So that's taken care of already. ;)

That is incorrect - Charles is still next in line for the throne and will be King when the Elizabeth II dies or abdicates, although Camilla will not be Queen, rather the "King's Consort" (whatever difference that makes).

As to Eagle43's query; "How can the Brits tolerate this abomination?" - the truth is that over half the British people are at best ambivalent to the Royal Family in general ("Cult of Diana" notwithstanding) and about 20% would like to see them gone.

In fairness to Charles, he was the first Royal to voluntarily pay tax on his private income and the first to forego his entitlement to payments from the Civil List (i.e. public subsidy to carry out his Royal functions).

Simon888

I think the "royals" are good for the Brits. A long tradition can be a good thing and besides, it always
gives them something extra to hash and rehash ad nauseum, like a good "soap" that never ends :)

JG

That is incorrect - Charles is still next in line for the throne and will be King when the Elizabeth II dies or abdicates, although Camilla will not be Queen, rather the "King's Consort" (whatever difference that makes).

Looks like you're right. Perhaps I recall hearing some discussion in the past that he WOULD pass on the throne when and if the time came given that there might be some resistence to him given a less than stellar public image.

Back
Top Bottom