What's Your Favorite Website (aside from here)?

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'm always up for new websites, and most I visit began with a recommendation from someone else...

Anyone know of a decent news site that isn't owned by a big corporation? I used to check the HUffington Post (but she has sold out to AOL) and The Daily Beast (has been bought by Newsweek which is owned by some billionaire). I'd like to find a source for "unbiased" news.

Thanks!

Anyone know of a decent news site that isn't owned by a big corporation? I used to check the HUffington Post (but she has sold out to AOL) and The Daily Beast (has been bought by Newsweek which is owned by some billionaire). I'd like to find a source for "unbiased" news.

Thanks!
I don't think such a site exists; if it does I'd like to know too.

Thanks!

It take a lot of resources to generate actual news as opposed to opinions. I like NPR and the BBC.

Thanks!

What about salon.com? It's owned by Salon Media Group. Not sure how big of a corporation that is. Here is its corporate profile.

Salon: Company Profile

Don't know about Salon, I was looking over some of their news stories. I see people described as right-wing but nobody described as left wing. To me that indicates some bias.

Thanks!

I pretty sure "unbiased news" is an oxymoron. Salon is pretty well known as a left leaning site. I would read a variety of sites, do a little research on your own and make up your own mind. I like Fox News, and agree with much of the opinions on the network, but I watch because I had those opinions prior to watching. I did not develop them because of watching.

As for my favorite sites:

Fox News - Fair and balanced, maybe. Biased, for sure.:D
Facebook - To keep up with friends
Ebaum's World - For laughs (warning: occasional adult content)
Goin RV Boondocking - Living vicariously through this guy until I can join him out on the road
Rob, Arnie and Dawn - Favorite radio show, listen to the internet feed

The websites that I visit most are (in no particular order):

eBay - To find stuff I need for my hobbies, and kitchen/cooking stuff.

TripAdvisor - To find places to go, hotels to stay at, and restaurants to [-]pig-out[/-] dine at.

Facebook - To stay in touch with family and friends all over this planet.

Wikipedia - To learn stuff I didn't previously know...and to find out what happened on this date throughout history, and see who was born and who died on this date in history...interesting!

Google - Obviously to search for what I'm looking for.

Plus three local newspapers to check obituaries and read local news.

rv.net has some great forums as does irv2.com

At least for those of us dreaming of life on the road :whistle:

I like EBay, occasionally Facebook, and some Disney related websites. I like Tripadvisor and Urbanspoon for reviews.

I guess I am the only one here who has been sucked into Google Streetview in a big way, right?

I love going someplace in Streetview and taking a virtual walk down the street, there. I go to places where I (or friends or relatives) have lived, places in the news, places where criminals or famous people lived, places of historical significance, places with great architecture like Paris, places with breathtaking scenery like California... the whole WORLD is out there at your fingertips.

Just last night I saw photos on the evening news of one of our canals that has started eroding and collapsing after our December rains, sucking peoples' backyards into it. On Google Streetview, I could see what it looked like BEFORE all this happened and that really illustrated the problem to me a lot more clearly than just seeing the damaged canal.

I have also "walked" (on Streetview) in Lee Harvey Oswald's footsteps between the Texas School Book Depository and the theater where he was caught. Pretty interesting to me, given my interest in the JFK assassination.

Ever wonder if that little hamburger joint near your high school is still there? You know, the one where you used to hang out with your date on Saturday night? You can go take a look any time you want.

Back
Top Bottom