Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #61

I've taken Myers Briggs tests many times and always been an ESTJ.

This is the first time I've taken it since I ER'ed over 2 years ago. ENFJ - I really don't know what that says about my ER life but I am now apparently one of the "benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity".

ENFJ Profile

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #62
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

probably lots of FIRE-type people on the INTJ forum http://intjforum.com/index.php

Old 08-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #63
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayHare View Post
probably lots of FIRE-type people on the INTJ forum INTJ Forum
Wow, that's scary...but I should've known there would be such a "place."

Target AA: 60% equity funds / 35% bond funds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 2.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #64

Still an INTJ. I once tested as INFJ but all the rest of the many times I've been an INTJ, strongest on the I part.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #65

Not sure where I first saw this
Quote:
ISTJ: Lord, help me to relax my focus on insignificant details, even though any of them may cause significant problems later. Begin this tomorrow at 8:31:04 am.

ISTP: God, please help me to consider other people's feelings, even if most of them ARE excessively hypersensitive.

ESTP: God help me to accept responsibility for my own actions, even though problems are usually NOT my fault.

ESTJ: God, please help me to not try to RUN everything. But, if You need some help, just ask.

ISFJ: Lord, please help me to be more laid back and help me to do that EXACTLY right.

ISFP: Lord, help me to stand up for my rights (if you don't mind my asking).

ESFP: God help me to take things more seriously, especially jokes, parties, conversation and dancing.

ESFJ: God give me the patience I need to deal with things more effectively, and I mean right NOW!

INFJ: Lord. Please help me not to be so perfectionistic! (Did I spell that correctly?)

INFP: God, help me to finish everything I sta..

ENFP: God, please help me to keep my mind on one... Look a butterfly!...thing at a time.

ENFJ: God help me to do only what I can, trusting you for all the rest. But would you mind putting that in writing?

INTJ: Lord keep me open to others' ideas, WRONG though they may be.

INTP: Lord, please help me to be a little less independent - but in my own way, of course.

ENTP: Lord, please help me follow our established procedures today. On second thought, I'll settle for a couple of minutes.

ENTJ: Lord, help me slow downandnotrushthroughwhatIdo.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #66

here's a breakdown of Myers-Briggs personality types by percent of population:
Quote:

One of the common questions people ask after determining their type is: How frequent is my type? The table below shows estimates of the relative frequency of each of the sixteen types in the United States population.
Note that the three main types that occur in the FIRE population amake up a relatively small percentage of the total population at large

the three most common types among FIREboard participants were ISTJ, INTJ, and INTP.)

ISTJ - 11.6 % of the general populatrion
INTJ - 2.1 % of the general populatrion
INTP - 3.3 % of the general populatrion
Old 08-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #67
Give me a forum ...

With 32% INTJ's, 29% ISTJ's, 13% INTP's and only 12% E-somethings (extroverts), it's a miracle this group:
  • Can even manage to form public messages and interact.
  • Get along so well all considered.
Isn't it counterintuitive to have I's more prevalent than E's on a public forum? Funny stuff (though I didn't get the humor in INTJ) ...

[Edit: I'm joking...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Not sure where I first saw this.

INTJ: Lord keep me open to others' ideas, WRONG though they may be.

ISTJ: Lord, help me to relax my focus on insignificant details, even though any of them may cause significant problems later. Begin this tomorrow at 8:31:04 am.

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community - View Poll Results

Old 08-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #68
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack
With 32% INTJ's, 29% ISTJ's, 13% INTP's and only 12% E-somethings (extroverts), it's a miracle this group:
[*]Can even manage to form public messages and interact.[*]Get along so well all considered.
Isn't it counterintuitive to have I's more prevalent than E's on a public forum? Funny stuff (though I didn't get the humor in INTJ) ...

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community - View Poll Results
I am not at all surprised that there are more Is on a forum. The Es are out talking to real people.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #69
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadbh View Post
I am not at all surprised that there are more Is on a forum. The Es are out talking to real people.
That would suggest that only Es are real people.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #70

Quote:
That's what DW (an E) says.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #71
Full time employment: Posting here.

ISTJ
Introvert(78%) Sensing(50%) Thinking(100%) Judging(100%)

ISTJ is the same result as I've had in the past. I'm just a little surprised that the "I" isn't a bit lower. It seems to me that since I RE, I've become more social and outgoing. I thought perhaps I'd be moving closer to an "E", but apparently not.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #72
Give me a forum ...

by "talking to real people," I think you mean "having conversations in real-time without the comfort of knowing you can walk away for an hour and ponder your responses."

Quote:
Old 08-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #73
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
here's a breakdown of Myers-Briggs personality types by percent of population:

Note that the three main types that occur in the FIRE population amake up a relatively small percentage of the total population at large

the three most common types among FIREboard participants were ISTJ, INTJ, and INTP.)

ISTJ - 11.6 % of the general populatrion
INTJ - 2.1 % of the general populatrion
INTP - 3.3 % of the general populatrion

That is what makes this Forum so special
No wonder I joined.... ISTJ
Old 08-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #74
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
by "talking to real people," I think you mean "having conversations in real-time without the comfort of knowing you can walk away for an hour and ponder your responses."
Exactly right!
Old 08-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #75
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREd

That would suggest that only Es are real people.
Not necessarily (meaning you're WRONG!!!!). The Es can talk to the Is. We just won't listen to them unless they bring DATA.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #76
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Not necessarily (meaning you're WRONG!!!!). The Es can talk to the Is. We just won't listen to them unless they bring DATA.
And that data better not be phony because we will analyze it to death...
Old 08-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #77
Give me a forum ...

To quantify (from link posted in #67)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post

ISTJ - 11.6 % of the general population 29% here
INTJ - 2.1 % of the general population 32% here
INTP - 3.3 % of the general population 13% here
Must be fun here for the E-somethings...

Old 08-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #78
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
I did not even know about Briggs-Myers personality typing until I read about it in this forum a few years ago. That was when I found out that I had always been INTJ.

It was discovered some time ago, whether on this forum or not I do not know, that the concentration of INTJ is higher among early retirees than in the general public. Statistics show that only 2.5% of males are INTJ, while it is only 0.5% for females.

Counted among INTJs are scientists like Isaac Newton, Stephen Hawking, and Nikola Tesla. But, but, but Ted Kaczynski (the Unabomber) and Anders Breivik (the 2011 Norwegian mass murderer) are also INTJ.
I would not have guessed that stat and so many of that type here.

I knew there was something I had in common with Isaac & Stephen. Also my middle name is Stephen.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #79
Recycles dryer sheets

I haven't read this, so I can't speak to the accuracy of anything contained in this book, but it's free on Kindle today, so I thought some may be interested in it.

Insight: Reflections on the Gifts of Being an Introvert: Beth Buelow: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Have you ever felt like something was wrong with you, just because you were an introvert?

If so, you’re not alone.

Over the past few years, I’ve been witness to thousands of introverts who have experienced a greater understanding of what exactly it means to be an introvert in an extroverted world.

They’ve discovered that introversion isn’t just a quirky thing that gives us an excuse to leave the party early. It’s a way of being in conscious relationship with our energy. It influences how we show up in the world.

Above all, we’ve learned to see it as a strength.

This book shares insights and inspiration for introverts who want to create life on their own terms.

"Insight: Reflections on the Gifts of Being an Introvert" is a compilation of my favorite blog posts and articles that speak specifically to the introvert, mixed in with topics that are more general but still interesting to anyone who wants to deepen his or her self-awareness.

This book is intended to be an affirming, thought-provoking companion on your journey.

~Beth Buelow, author
The Introvert Entrepreneur

About the Author
Beth Buelow is known as The Introvert Entrepreneur to a global community of followers and fans. As a certified professional coach and a skilled interviewer, writer, facilitator and speaker, she’s recognized as a thought leader in the area of life and leadership coaching for introverts. Beth is on a mission to empower introverts to understand, own and leverage their natural strengths. She is certified by the International Coach Federation. a Living Your Vision® Licensed Facilitator, and is an active member of the Puget Sound Coaches Association and the Society for Human Resource Management. Beth has enjoyed sharing her message that “Success is an Inside Job!” with numerous organizations and corporations, including Boeing, Starbucks, Peterson Sullivan, Puget Sound Business Journal, eWomenNetworking, Ignite Seattle and the Puget Sound American Marketing Association, among others.

She’s contributed to blogs and articles in print and online for Psychology Today, Toilet Paper Entrepreneur, Crain's Business Chicago, Seattle Times, Biznik and The Coaching Commons, among others. Her extremely popular podcast, The Introvert Entrepreneur, features interviews with well-known and emerging introvert entrepreneurs, including Susan Cain, Nancy Ancowitz, Laurie Helgoe and Viveka Von Rosen, as well as experts in social media, marketing and sales, personal growth and networking. Beth’s individual voice comes out of her experiences as a personal coach, classical musician, arts administrator, nonprofit professional and entrepreneur.
And whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.- Desiderata by Max Ehrmann
MissMolly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #80
Give me a forum ...

INTJ - 100, 100, 88, 56.

It's gonna get crowded in the corners.

Heh heh heh - Roughly the same as 1994 on a temp job.