What's your Personality Type? Briggs-Myers

Not necessarily (meaning you're WRONG!!!!). The Es can talk to the Is. We just won't listen to them unless they bring DATA. ;)

And that data better not be phony because we will analyze it to death...

To quantify (from link posted in #67)...
Note that the three main types that occur in the FIRE population amake up a relatively small percentage of the total population at large

the three most common types among FIREboard participants were ISTJ, INTJ, and INTP.)

ISTJ - 11.6 % of the general population 29% here
INTJ - 2.1 % of the general population 32% here
INTP - 3.3 % of the general population 13% here
Must be fun here for the E-somethings...;)

I did not even know about Briggs-Myers personality typing until I read about it in this forum a few years ago. That was when I found out that I had always been INTJ.

It was discovered some time ago, whether on this forum or not I do not know, that the concentration of INTJ is higher among early retirees than in the general public. Statistics show that only 2.5% of males are INTJ, while it is only 0.5% for females.

Counted among INTJs are scientists like Isaac Newton, Stephen Hawking, and Nikola Tesla. But, but, but Ted Kaczynski (the Unabomber) and Anders Breivik (the 2011 Norwegian mass murderer) are also INTJ.
I would not have guessed that stat and so many of that type here.

I knew there was something I had in common with Isaac & Stephen. Also my middle name is Stephen.

I haven't read this, so I can't speak to the accuracy of anything contained in this book, but it's free on Kindle today, so I thought some may be interested in it.

Insight: Reflections on the Gifts of Being an Introvert: Beth Buelow: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Have you ever felt like something was wrong with you, just because you were an introvert?

If so, you’re not alone.

Over the past few years, I’ve been witness to thousands of introverts who have experienced a greater understanding of what exactly it means to be an introvert in an extroverted world.

They’ve discovered that introversion isn’t just a quirky thing that gives us an excuse to leave the party early. It’s a way of being in conscious relationship with our energy. It influences how we show up in the world.

Above all, we’ve learned to see it as a strength.

This book shares insights and inspiration for introverts who want to create life on their own terms.

"Insight: Reflections on the Gifts of Being an Introvert" is a compilation of my favorite blog posts and articles that speak specifically to the introvert, mixed in with topics that are more general but still interesting to anyone who wants to deepen his or her self-awareness.

This book is intended to be an affirming, thought-provoking companion on your journey.

~Beth Buelow, author
The Introvert Entrepreneur

About the Author
Beth Buelow is known as The Introvert Entrepreneur to a global community of followers and fans. As a certified professional coach and a skilled interviewer, writer, facilitator and speaker, she’s recognized as a thought leader in the area of life and leadership coaching for introverts. Beth is on a mission to empower introverts to understand, own and leverage their natural strengths. She is certified by the International Coach Federation. a Living Your Vision® Licensed Facilitator, and is an active member of the Puget Sound Coaches Association and the Society for Human Resource Management. Beth has enjoyed sharing her message that “Success is an Inside Job!” with numerous organizations and corporations, including Boeing, Starbucks, Peterson Sullivan, Puget Sound Business Journal, eWomenNetworking, Ignite Seattle and the Puget Sound American Marketing Association, among others.

She’s contributed to blogs and articles in print and online for Psychology Today, Toilet Paper Entrepreneur, Crain's Business Chicago, Seattle Times, Biznik and The Coaching Commons, among others. Her extremely popular podcast, The Introvert Entrepreneur, features interviews with well-known and emerging introvert entrepreneurs, including Susan Cain, Nancy Ancowitz, Laurie Helgoe and Viveka Von Rosen, as well as experts in social media, marketing and sales, personal growth and networking. Beth’s individual voice comes out of her experiences as a personal coach, classical musician, arts administrator, nonprofit professional and entrepreneur.

INTJ - 100, 100, 88, 56.

It's gonna get crowded in the corners.

:D :dance: :ROFLMAO: :greetings10:

Heh heh heh - Roughly the same as 1994 on a temp job.

Many people think introverts tend to prefer cats as they are solitary creatures while extroverts prefer dogs who form packs in the wild are are much more social.

True for me, but I do know plenty of introverts who love their dogs and extroverts who are crazy about cats.

Attachments

• e and i.jpg
    e and i.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 3
Wow, looking at the scores, I say we've got some hardcore INTJ here, .

And generalizing from myself, I've always thought INTJs were supposed to be gloomy and cranky. I am obviously way wrong.

Last edited:
...(snip)...
And generalizing from myself, I've always thought INTJs were supposed to be gloomy and cranky. I am obviously way wrong.
Looking at a list of INTJ famous people, there is not an obvious common denominator. Not sure that Michelle Obama has that much in common with Donald Rumsfeld other then scoring the same on this test. And who did the test for them? I know Issac Newton didn't take this test.

Looking at a list of INTJ famous people, there is not an obvious common denominator. Not sure that Michelle Obama has that much in common with Donald Rumsfeld other then scoring the same on this test. And who did the test for them? I know Issac Newton didn't take this test.

It's not just Isaac Newton who preceded the test, but I doubt that many celebrities would publish their personality types. My guess is that skilled psychologists might be able to deduce a person's type from his writings or memoir.

Also, other than introversion, the characteristics shared by INTJs, meaning the NTJ parts, may not be so obvious to a casual observer. And then, these traits are not measured in black and white but on a gray scale.

Last edited:
Not just Isaac Newton, but I doubt that many celebrities would publish their personality types. My guess is that skilled psychologists might be able to deduce a person's type from his writings or memoir.

Also, other than introversion, the characteristics shared by INTJs, meaning the NTJ parts, may not be so obvious to a casual observer. And then, these traits are not measured in black and white but on a gray scale.
Perhaps a physicist read Newton's Principia Mathimatica and deduced his answers to Briggs Myers?

Or maybe a psychologist read: An Historical Account of Two Notable Corruptions of Scripture . :greetings10:

Forgive me for venturing into the silly space.

ENFP as usual:

Extravert(56%) iNtuitive(62%) iNtuitive Feeling(25%) Perceiving(33)%

• You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (56%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
  • You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (33%)

Many people think introverts tend to prefer cats as they are solitary creatures while extroverts prefer dogs who form packs in the wild are are much more social.

True for me, but I do know plenty of introverts who love their dogs and extroverts who are crazy about cats.
INTJ who adores every dog we've shared our lives with here...cute pic BTW.

This time I got an ISTJ, but normally I get INTJ. Nearly always I get close to 100% introvert, which is why I hate the part about my job that I have to give some speeches and being the director of our nonprofit, I have to be outgoing to funders, employees, etc. I do it by pretending I'm playing the role of an outgoing, very friendly person. In reality, I am a shy, but kind person and friendly to those I chose for friends. I would usually prefer to be home reading a book with my cat and dogs and husband nearby.:)

here's a breakdown of Myers-Briggs personality types by percent of population:

Ah. That helps explain why there are so many idiots in the world.:LOL:

My score:

INTJ
Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(38%) iNtuitive Thinking(88%) Judging(78%)

• You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
  • You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)
  • You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (78%)

Wow, looking at the scores, I say we've got some hardcore INTJ here, .

The word is curmudgeony. Ya gotta work hard at it every day. Otherwise this ER makes you :dance: :greetings10: :ROFLMAO: and do other silly stuff.

heh heh heh - :cool:

P.S. Two dogs, one cat AND a sucker fish (Leroy) the lone survivior in my 38 gal aquarium from the local ice storm/power outage of 2007.

Last edited:
INTJ
Introvert(22%) iNtuitive(12%) iNtuitive Thinking(38%) Judging(67%)
You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (22%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
You have distinctive preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

unclemick said:
The word is curmudgeony. Ya gotta work hard at it every day. Otherwise this ER makes you :dance: :greetings10: :ROFLMAO: and do other silly stuff.

heh heh heh - :cool:

P.S. Two dogs, one cat AND a sucker fish (Leroy) the lone survivior in my 38 gal aquarium from the local ice storm/power outage of 2007.

You and me both, Uncle! I've got a Pleco and an albino Cory that are ancient, swimming around in my 50 gallon! I had three left, but the blind Boseman's Rainbow died a few weeks ago. I have had the Pleco for 10 years. When these go, I'm taking down the tank!

here's a breakdown of Myers-Briggs personality types by percent of population:

Note that the three main types that occur in the FIRE population amake up a relatively small percentage of the total population at large

the three most common types among FIREboard participants were ISTJ, INTJ, and INTP.)

ISTJ - 11.6 % of the general populatrion
INTJ - 2.1 % of the general populatrion
INTP - 3.3 % of the general populatrion

So as in past threads the INTJ dominate the population here but what I'm surprised by more is that the "I" overwhelming out number the "E". Why?

Is it that more "I"'s retire than "E"'s? And if so then....

Is it that the "I" don't go out and spend money and can retire sooner or because they can't stand being around people and save more to retire sooner?

I buy that the "E" are out face to face with humans whereas us "I" types prefer to associate with people at our own pace. I was so surprised last time this thread went around that so many people said what I felt and thought i was alone in "people just tire me out and I have to get away to recharge"!

Maybe it is just what someone said that "E" types aren't here preferring to be with people vs this format.

INFP here . . .

It's amazing I am actually at, . . . what, . . . almost 10 posts?

INFP:[FONT=&quot] God, help me to finish everything I sta..[/FONT]

Last edited:
if extroverting costs more than introverting, could be fewer Es have saved enough to make FIRE

INFJ
INFJ: Lord. Please help me not to be so perfectionistic! (Did I spell that correctly?)

Have to laugh at myself. This is me to a "T". I just had a panic moment about retiring early (2013). What if it's a mistake? Will our health hold out? What will I do with my time? I'm an introvert. Will I have the amount of people exposure that is enough but not too much. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!
I have to do this retirement thing perfectly, you know!

INTJ + PITA, some things never change:LOL:

another Extrovert here....

ENTJ
Extravert(67%) iNtuitive(25%) iNtuitive Thinking(25%) Judging(44%)

• You have distinctive preference of Extraversion over Introversion (67%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Back
Top Bottom