What's your plan for something like volcanoes?

SteveNU

Recycles dryer sheets
:(

Attachments

• VOLCANOS.jpg
    VOLCANOS.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 207
Many years ago, I went to one of the high end umbrella shops in London and bought one of their really good ones. Surely it will protect me from a mere supervolcano eruption.

Swaine Adeney Brigg
Founded in 1750, SAB is London’s oldest umbrella outlet and the gentleman’s outfitter can lay claim to both the iconic Brigg umbrella and Indiana Jones’s famed felt fedora from ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’. 54 St. James’s Street, SW1A 1JT

I should worry about volcanos? Here in New Orleans? Really? :rolleyes: Yeah, I'll get right on it.

afp-ca52abaee5969c986e4cc775103e32c7d8075b2f.jpg

Super volcano eruption is one way to deal with zombie apocalypse.

I'm pretty sure AARP sells insurance for that.

"What's your plan for something like this?"

The same plan I have for that runaway logging truck that may take me out next year on my trip to the NW.

For these type of difficult occasions, long ago in several of the DEW line radar sites in ALaska, there was a simple set of instructions:

1. Bend over deeply
2. Kiss your sweet a$$ goodbye.

Is it April 1st already?

Could we please make the thread title descriptive of the topic instead of the very generic "this"?

Could we please make the thread title descriptive of the topic instead of the very generic "this"?

OK, I"ll change "this" to "volcanoes". SteveNU, if you'd rather have "this" in the title, let me know and I'll change it back.

Last edited:
It will happen someday.
The issue is it will be someday during the next tens of thousands of years.
Yes, it could happen this evening, or it could happen next year, in 100 years or in 100,000 years.

As for my plan if Yellowstone goes off? Drive north as quick as possible:)

OK, I"ll change "this" to "volcanoes". SteveNU, if you'd rather have "this" in the title, let me know and I'll change it back.
Thank you.

That article was terrible, even for the genre, on its odds. 1) The "ticking time bomb ... is likely to go off within the next 80 years" (unclear if just Yellowstone, or any super eruption); 2) "chance of such as eruption happening at one of the major volcanoes within 80 years is put at five to ten per cent by the experts"; and 3) "fears that Yellowstone could blow any time within the next 70 years on a scale that would wiped out the western USA."

But yeah, Is99 is correct: my plan for this is the same as for SMOD,* bend way over and kiss it goodbye.

______
SMOD, or "Sweet Meteor of Death" has a presidential campaign site on twitter. :)

Last edited:
Just think of all the people that will be found in an excavation one day like Pompeii. They'll be found in positions reading their cell phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

We can hide under our desks. If that was good enough to protect us from a nuclear attack it would certainly handle a little lava.:hide:

Back
Top Bottom