Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-12-2007, 12:02 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ss454 View Post
Green Tea
I've just replaced my daily lunch soda for iced green tea last week, after reading more and more about the health benefits. My previous experience was with a hot green tea that I didn't like, but I'm going to experiment with different kinds of those too. My daughter loves it in either form.

Lessee, in keeping with this thread, I suppose vodka would mix well with it?

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Me and my friend Jim
Old 12-12-2007, 12:15 PM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

Me and my friend Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa View Post
Bourbon. Basil-Hayden. On the rocks, maybe a twist.

Young'ns don't seem to drink this stuff, but I got hooked on Bourbon while living in Virginia at an "impressionable" age.

This here young'un (at 34 i'm still kind of young) has spent a lot of his life in the company of Jim (not Jack. he's kind of rough). But now at the office (after 5, i swear) prefer sipping Woodford Reserve or Bookers. It keeps those cold Toronto winters at bay.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:27 PM   #23
Give me a forum ...

Never drink anything sticky, green or thick.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:33 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
Beer, I love beer! My faves are Shiner Bock and just about any of the Pale Ales, like Flying Dog. I'll also drink Seven and Seven if there's an open bar at a party.
Try a Belgian beer called Duvel sometime.....trust me, you will be hooked:

I like Fat Tire and Sierra Nevada ale also..........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:49 PM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Makers Mark on the rocks, the big glass with a twist of lime.

Better yet. Fresh sqeezed lime juice about 1 1/2 oz 1 1/2 oz grand manier and 2 1/2 oz of Cabo Wabo tequila. Put it all in a shaker with a big handfull of ice cubes give it 30 good shakes pour into a tumbler a twist of lime and enjoy. Have 2 and stay put!
Old 12-12-2007, 12:49 PM   #26
Recycles dryer sheets

Libations???

I agree with FinanceDude, Tanqueray and Tonic, especially on a cruise. My DW and I WILL be drinking these when the Celebrity Millennium leaves Ft. Lauderdale on Sunday!

We're also taking on a couple of nice red wines (French, Argentinian, etc.).

My DW is also a Belgian beer lover!

Ciao!
Old 12-12-2007, 12:53 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Strictly a wine lover
Old 12-12-2007, 12:56 PM   #28

Soooo many poisons to choose from - and it all depends on the meal, the social setting, and sometimes the season.

Wine preferences: sauvignon blanc, malbec blends
Beer preferences: Guiness, stouts, Hefeweitzens (Chimay is another fantastic Belgium product)

Mixed drinks: well, often whatever the house special is! (freshly made hurricanes in New Orleans were good - but the pre-mixed ones from the big vats, ewwww!) Had a fantastic Apple & Thyme Martini last night: fresh seasonal bonza apples shaken with homemade thyme syrup and plymouth gin, lifted with apple liquer, and then finely balanced and shaken with freshly squeezed lemon juice - served straight up. MMMMMMM!!
Old 12-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #29
Recycles dryer sheets

Mostly red wine or sam adams seasonals, but Balvenie 12yr scotch (w/ splash of water) for special occasions.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:00 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Aberguten: 2 fingers of brandy, a splash of peppermint schnaps floating on top. Sounds awful, but it sure tasted good that night in Northern Wisconsin camping. Kept the mosquitos away.

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:03 PM   #31
Give me a forum ...

I'm with RunningBum and 72s.... I keep a gallon of diet ice green tea in the ice box at all times. I also like a Tangueray and tonic and have a glass of wine or two with dinner.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:07 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Hot apple cider with brandy. Toasty.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:13 PM   #33

Wine, preferably deep, strong syrahs or cabs

Baileys, beer (Mississippi Mud, Black Toad, Guiness, anything dark)
Old 12-12-2007, 01:15 PM   #34
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Kept the mosquitos away.
It didnt. You just didnt feel 'em anymore...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:16 PM   #35
Recycles dryer sheets

Did I mention that TeeRuh (t.r.) stands for Tangueray? A name given to me by friends at the neighborhood pub. I'm pretty much a beer drinker but per these nere-do-wells when I switch to Tangueray and Tonic things get "lively". No idea ...At home I sometimes like an Irish Whiskey (Clontiff) or Dewar's. (both with a splash of water.)t.r.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:21 PM   #36
Give me a forum ...

Beer, obviously. Mostly homebrew. Always amazed at what beer costs when I buy it in the store.

Also enjoy whiskey, especially small batch bourbon, single malt scotch, some of the canadians. Aged rum is nice, especially rhum agricole. A fan of tequila, as well, although I mostly stick to the silver variety. Hard to go wrong with good brandy either.

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
Beer, obviously. Mostly homebrew. Always amazed at what beer costs when I buy it in the store.

Also enjoy whiskey, especially small batch bourbon, single malt scotch, some of the canadians. Aged rum is nice, especially rhum agricole. A fan of tequila, as well, although I mostly stick to the silver variety. Hard to go wrong with good brandy either.
Woulda been easier to say you don't like vodka .

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:27 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Quote:
Aberguten: 2 fingers of brandy, a splash of peppermint schnaps floating on top. Sounds awful, but it sure tasted good that night in Northern Wisconsin camping. Kept the mosquitos away.
Yukon Jack + peppermint schnaps = Old Snowshoe
(Went to college on the NY/Canadian border)
Old 12-12-2007, 01:39 PM   #39
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Woulda been easier to say you don't like vodka .
Can't abide gin either.

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:39 PM   #40
Recycles dryer sheets

Worked the retail liquor industry 16 years before I retired. Used to drink Jim Beam and coke. After retirement, switched to diet coke to avoid weight gain, but the Jim Beam started tasting too sweet with the diet coke. Was at the liquor store one day and they had 1.75L of Old Crow on sale for $11.99--bought one on a lark and liked it--so now it's Old Crow & diet coke. Occasionally do Gilby's Gin, but only like it with the diet 'Twist Off' lemon/lime soda that Walmart sells. When it's wine time, gotta be Cabernet Sauvignon (tried Charles Shaw for a while, but have upgraded since then). In response to Cute Fuzzy Bunny's post# 23, I was always told never to drink anything you can see through.