Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-08-2017, 07:06 AM   #81
Recycles dryer sheets

Green Day 2 months ago, Foo Fighters coming up soon.

This is the best youtube video...ever! 1000 Italians inviting the Foo Fighters to come to a small Italian village. Took a year to put together! Listen to the explanation at the end.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2017, 10:39 AM   #82
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Went to Tennessee for a few days and went to the Grand Ole Opry...was a really good show.

What I didn't enjoy was staying at the Gaylord Opryland Resort. I have *never* seen so many damn people in one place and they attempted to send us to another hotel when we checked in since they were "oversold". When I pointed out how many nights I had stayed at Marriott properties over the last 10 years, they magically changed their tune and upgraded our room. There was also a convention there for Avon Reps, so that was a nightmare in its own regard. So...long story short...I am VERY glad to be home.

Old 08-08-2017, 02:14 PM   #83
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcgang View Post
Not sure what you mean, Moon died about 40 years ago.

I looked up the band info and learned that not only is the drummer Ringos son, but Keith Moon bought him his first drum kit and was his godfather.
I meant if Zak was Keith reincarnated he'd be dead by now. He was a wild man. I saw The Who in '76, Keith's last US Tour. Then I saw them again on my birthday in'79 with Kenny Jones. He was a good drummer, but there was definitely a different feel to the band. Keith was unique.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:13 PM   #84
Dryer sheet aficionado

Gillian Welch and David Rawlings at Atlanta's symphony hall last Saturday; they were great. This tour resumes on the west coast in October (the shows in SF and Portland are already sold out). Later this month and next they'll be touring under their alternate identity, the David Rawlings Machine.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:04 PM   #85
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rianne View Post
Green Day 2 months ago, Foo Fighters coming up soon.
Cool and cool. Have always been a Green Day fan and loved Dave Grohl since the very start of Nirvana.

If you have never seen it, have a look at this video of Dave at a Dutch radio station. He was just brought in to do a little acoustic set and gave it 110%.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:37 AM   #86

Went to see Santana yesterday. Most enjoyable