What's your ringtone?

Just the classic phone ring sound for me. Not very original, but I can hear it vs other noise.

Also not a texter at all, my usual reply to a text is to call the person back. After all it is a telephone!

If it's a smart phone it's not just a phone. It's a answering machine, calculator, run tracker, calorie tracker, music player, internet access, email, scanner, calendar, camera and on and on. I'm always in awe.:cell:

The ringtone from Our Man Flint

I'd like this one but I wonder how many people would recognize it.

Back in the old days at the dawn of cell phones, I programmed my 'mobile' phone to play 'O Canada' when I lived in the Middle East. For a long time, I had Five For Fighting's (should be a Canadian band right?) '100 Years' which often drew positive comments from people who heard it. Now I just have the old phone ringtone which I find is easier to hear in a noisy environment. (Sure I'll stick with the noisy environment and not blame my tired ears!)

If it's a smart phone it's not just a phone. It's a answering machine, calculator, run tracker, calorie tracker, music player, internet access, email, scanner, calendar, camera and on and on. I'm always in awe.:cell:

yeah, but..... you are assuming I actually use many of those features :blush:

I like to say "smart phone, dumb operator", but the truth is I just hate typing on the phone keyboard, and I can't have my phone at work, so result is it does not get used to maximum capability.

Also not a texter at all, my usual reply to a text is to call the person back. After all it is a telephone!

I'm convinced that if we had invented texting first, and then the ability to call and actually speak with someone came later, that texting would be all but dead by now.

"Look at my new phone! I can call and just talk to people! The info throughput is about 3 times as fast. No tiny keys, no waiting for the other person to respond. I get things done much faster now, and I get all the nuance and "naturalness" that is missing with that old "type-type-texting. Plus, it leaves my hands free to do other stuff. You've gotta get one of these things!"

I had the default ringer for one of the cell companies, and now they play commercials with that ringer, I notice it for 1/2 a second as "is that my phone" type reaction.

I realized I didn't notice my cell beeping/singing if it was not sounding like the old phones from the 50's, so that is what I have it set now.

yeah, but..... you are assuming I actually use many of those features :blush:

I like to say "smart phone, dumb operator", but the truth is I just hate typing on the phone keyboard, and I can't have my phone at work, so result is it does not get used to maximum capability.

Not assuming, just stating some of the things a smart phone can do. :)

Baba O'Riley (teenage wasteland), The Who.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

For DW I use Tina Turner's "Simply the Best."
For everyone else it's "Gangster Baby" telling me to "pick up the d*** phone fool!"

Back
Top Bottom