Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-09-2008, 08:34 PM   #61
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brat View Post
Tamed and Eagle Tell me more. Ours have flown off for better feeding areas for a couple months. Before they left the adults had a couple arguments with their adolescents.
This is in Zelda, not in real life. Climb on top of the rock, jump to the next rock, get the grass, blow on it to make a tune, and the eagle will come to you. Then, tell it to go knock down the bees' nest and it will. After that, I haven't tried to get it to come back to me. Like I said, just barely beginning to play this game (working long hours IRL lately) but what a great escape.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2008, 11:07 PM   #62
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Obviously I am clue less when it comes to games. Solatare or Bridge on the computer, and now Wii Fit, that is it.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:14 PM   #63
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

OK, the Wii arrived yesterday -- and I love it! I've only played the bowling, golf and tennis games on the Wii Sport disc so far, but I'm having a blast. Now I gotta get the Wii Fit and Zelda and Dance, Dance Revolution...plus another remote...the charging station....

oh,oh...hmmmmm, better revise the entertainment budget!
Old 07-10-2008, 09:03 PM   #64
Give me a forum ...

Just think of all the gas you are saving entertaining yourself at home.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:10 PM   #65
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
Sounds like you better hope another one of those colonoscopy threads doesnt come around again...
Well, Rich just posted that he got a Tetanus/Pertussis vaccination booster, and guess what? I'm getting one too, in a couple of weeks!

Maybe that will get me off the colonoscopy hook (That and the fact that I'm not close to 50 -- yet).

To not make this a thread hijack, I talked to DH last night about getting a Wii for Christmas. He just raised one eyebrow, looked at our two small children (who were squalling and shoving each other in a rugbyesque melee on the floor) and said "And when will this Wii-playing time materialize from?"

But my thinking is, if we don't get it now and brand it as "adult" property, we'll never get one. Once the kids are old enough to play I'll never get a chance. If we wait until they're off to college I'll have to be going to a museum to get a Wii.

Carpe Wii, that's what I say!
Old 07-11-2008, 06:18 PM   #66
Give me a forum ...

My kid is 3 and he does fine with playing some of the wii games. Golf, baseball and tennis are very popular. It isnt certain that he has any idea as to what he's doing, but he waves the controller around, stuff happens on screen, and I cheer about it, so its great fun for 5 minutes or so.

Super mario galaxy allegedly has some sort of "adult + child" mode where you can play and your toddler can use a second controller to do things with the game that are interesting to toddlers without disrupting your game play. I dont know how well that works because so far I've only played the game for 2 hours and that was months ago.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:04 PM   #67
Give me a forum ...

I just bought my So's grandson who's 4 this game and he loves it .

Nintendo Wii: Ratatouille - THQ - Toys "R" Us
Old 07-11-2008, 08:11 PM   #68
Recycles dryer sheets

For those who like golf, the Tiger Woods Golf Set is one of the better implementations out there. Very realistic, and much better than the base game that comes on the Wii Sports Disk.

BTW, I am an Amazon Seller (my retirement gig) and know many of the folks selling there. There are good and bad eggs there so be careful out there. Ask any questions - right now the big sellers are the console, the Wii Fit, and Mario Kart (buy an extra wheel and controller so two can play) - Mario Kart can also be used over the internet to play folks all over the world. Kind of interesting. We could actually have an ER contest, very doable.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:12 PM   #69
Give me a forum ...

Oh yeah. Someone makes a set of nerf toys...bat, golf club, tennis racket, etc. Theres a hollow spot in the middle of each for the controller to fit into.

Makes the wii sports games a little more realistic. Also makes it harder to smash a hole in your tv set.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:18 PM   #70

Quote:
Oh yeah. Someone makes a set of nerf toys...bat, golf club, tennis racket, etc. Theres a hollow spot in the middle of each for the controller to fit into.

Makes the wii sports games a little more realistic. Also makes it harder to smash a hole in your tv set.

Dont get so upset when your son beats you at a game. Its ok..its just part of aging..
Old 07-11-2008, 09:21 PM   #71
Give me a forum ...

I'll be good the moment he beats me to mowing the lawn.

He wants to drive the mower right now, but I'm pretty sure he cant reach the brake pedal.

Not that theres anything wrong with that. I hardly use it myself.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:24 PM   #72

Quote:
I'll be good the moment he beats me to mowing the lawn.

He wants to drive the mower right now, but I'm pretty sure he cant reach the brake pedal.

Not that theres anything wrong with that. I hardly use it myself.
See you got it all down. Make it fun and exciting for the little guy to mow the lawn. One chore down a few more to go!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:29 PM   #73
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:

Here is a listing for the Nerf Accessory - Amazon.com: Used and New: Nerf Sports Pack for Nintendo Wii
Old 07-11-2008, 09:30 PM   #74
Give me a forum ...

Yep thats it. Sams and Costco have it often for cheap. Around $20. But they never have any Wii's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notmuchlonger View Post
See you got it all down. Make it fun and exciting for the little guy to mow the lawn. One chore down a few more to go!
I see the benefit in that he has a much lower center of gravity than I do for the really, really steep part out front.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #75
Recycles dryer sheets

(Marquette) "What is it with you parents and insisting that we spend our time outside? You're not farmers for goodness sake, you don't need to make sure we have time to pasture."

It is so difficult for someone to make me laugh within an hour of waking up Marquette - but you succeeeded!
Old 08-13-2008, 08:47 AM   #76
Give me a forum ...

I decided to buy my daughter & son in law a Wii . Should I buy a bundle and what games should I look for ??
Old 08-13-2008, 10:22 AM   #77
Recycles dryer sheets

Make sure there are at least 2 controllers - more if you can afford it. It comes with Wii sports which is all they really need to get started.

After that it's based on their interests. Guitar Hero has been a big hit at my house wiht folks from their 20's to their 50's.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:53 AM   #78
Give me a forum ...

Wii's available at circuit city. You have to buy a second controller and two games but you can pick the games. They probably wont last long. I've also seen a pallet of them show up at Costco about once a month. They've been sticking them about halfway in the middle of the store next to the pillows and comforters with no price sticker on them.

Create your own Wii bundle
Old 09-14-2008, 07:12 PM   #79
Give me a forum ...

Circuitcity.com has the Wii's in stock again for online purchase!