Wheee.. a Wii

WoW they have Zelda for it! Ive done the Wii sports. I watched my cousin's oldest child play Guitar Hero . My fingers cant move that fast :p I might just have to break down..

One of the first games I picked up for my Wii, was Resident Evil IV.

Yeah, it's a little gruesome - lot's of creatures, lot's of guns/weapons, lot's of blood. Given the mutant/monster theme, it's not something I find particularly offensive, but it's not the first game I'd pop in if I had kids. But for folks who like shooting things, it's a blast.

Unlike the crazy stuff kids play these days, it's simple enough for occasional players to figure out quickly, with ever increasing skill required to progress. Good strategy becomes imperative the farther you get with it - being good on the trigger, and having the right weapon isn't enough. Very, very addicting...makes good use of the unique Wii controllers as well.

Another option I'd highly recommend - a charge station. There are a few out there now, but I've got the Nyko - Amazon link here. While alkalines in the stock controllers last quite a while, converting to rechargeables is cheap and avoids the battery swap hassle.
Thanks for the tips! I am definitely thinking of getting a charge station. Not only would it charge my controllers, but also it would give me a definite place to put my controller so it won't get lost.

WoW they have Zelda for it! Ive done the Wii sports. I watched my cousin's oldest child play Guitar Hero . My fingers cant move that fast :p I might just have to break down..

Yes, they do have Zelda! I am going to play it next. It is supposed to be really good. I don't think I could do Guitar Hero either, but you never know. Right now I am just proud that I am no longer throwing gutter balls in the bowling game. :2funny:

With so many people having a Wii around here we should exchange IP addresses and play against each others!

Just got the Wii in time for the DW's birthday. Got it from Best Buy for list plus shipping. DW loves it. We got an additional controller and Zelda.

Okay, this thread has made me really want a Wii. Maybe that'll be our big Christmas gift this year....

Of course, maybe I won't wait. I mean, we got a dog just after the "Life of a Dog" thread was posted, so maybe a Wii will come into our future before then. (Of course, once Spore comes out, we won't have time to play a Wii).

Please, please, pleaase, nobody start a "What mega-yacht?" or "I'm jonesing for a string of polo ponies" or "Sweeeet! A ceiling-mounted home theatre system" thread -- it seems I'm susceptible to the blatant advertising put forth by my fellow LBYM, FIRE-wannabes. Who knew this forum would be such a hotbed of frivolous consumption? ;)

Our Wii saw heavy usage the first six months, but now that both kids are fully mobile, I get to play mebe 30 minutes once a week if I'm not too tired at night. Still a ton of fun.

I too bought it at Target with no problem, half a dozen on the shelf for $250.

I wish I had more time to play it! Time really flies, especially when I am playing Zelda. I have explored, gone swimming, ridden my horse and jumped fences while riding, climbed trees, tamed an eagle, and rounded up a herd of goats. Just barely beginning but such a great escape.

Of course, maybe I won't wait. I mean, we got a dog just after the "Life of a Dog" thread was posted, so maybe a Wii will come into our future before then.

Sounds like you better hope another one of those colonoscopy threads doesnt come around again... ;)

Tamed and Eagle:confused: Tell me more. Ours have flown off for better feeding areas for a couple months. Before they left the adults had a couple arguments with their adolescents.

Tamed and Eagle:confused: Tell me more. Ours have flown off for better feeding areas for a couple months. Before they left the adults had a couple arguments with their adolescents.

This is in Zelda, not in real life. Climb on top of the rock, jump to the next rock, get the grass, blow on it to make a tune, and the eagle will come to you. Then, tell it to go knock down the bees' nest and it will. After that, I haven't tried to get it to come back to me. Like I said, just barely beginning to play this game (working long hours IRL lately) but what a great escape. :D

Obviously I am clue less when it comes to games. Solatare or Bridge on the computer, and now Wii Fit, that is it.

OK, the Wii arrived yesterday -- and I love it! I've only played the bowling, golf and tennis games on the Wii Sport disc so far, but I'm having a blast. Now I gotta get the Wii Fit and Zelda and Dance, Dance Revolution...plus another remote...the charging station....

oh,oh...hmmmmm, better revise the entertainment budget!

Just think of all the gas you are saving entertaining yourself at home.

Sounds like you better hope another one of those colonoscopy threads doesnt come around again... ;)

Well, Rich just posted that he got a Tetanus/Pertussis vaccination booster, and guess what? I'm getting one too, in a couple of weeks!

Maybe that will get me off the colonoscopy hook (That and the fact that I'm not close to 50 -- yet).

To not make this a thread hijack, I talked to DH last night about getting a Wii for Christmas. He just raised one eyebrow, looked at our two small children (who were squalling and shoving each other in a rugbyesque melee on the floor) and said "And when will this Wii-playing time materialize from?"

But my thinking is, if we don't get it now and brand it as "adult" property, we'll never get one. Once the kids are old enough to play I'll never get a chance. If we wait until they're off to college I'll have to be going to a museum to get a Wii.

Carpe Wii, that's what I say!

My kid is 3 and he does fine with playing some of the wii games. Golf, baseball and tennis are very popular. It isnt certain that he has any idea as to what he's doing, but he waves the controller around, stuff happens on screen, and I cheer about it, so its great fun for 5 minutes or so.

Super mario galaxy allegedly has some sort of "adult + child" mode where you can play and your toddler can use a second controller to do things with the game that are interesting to toddlers without disrupting your game play. I dont know how well that works because so far I've only played the game for 2 hours and that was months ago.

YouTube - Wee Wii Mii - 22-month old video gamer

For those who like golf, the Tiger Woods Golf Set is one of the better implementations out there. Very realistic, and much better than the base game that comes on the Wii Sports Disk.

BTW, I am an Amazon Seller (my retirement gig) and know many of the folks selling there. There are good and bad eggs there so be careful out there. Ask any questions - right now the big sellers are the console, the Wii Fit, and Mario Kart (buy an extra wheel and controller so two can play) - Mario Kart can also be used over the internet to play folks all over the world. Kind of interesting. We could actually have an ER contest, very doable.

Oh yeah. Someone makes a set of nerf toys...bat, golf club, tennis racket, etc. Theres a hollow spot in the middle of each for the controller to fit into.

Makes the wii sports games a little more realistic. Also makes it harder to smash a hole in your tv set.

Oh yeah. Someone makes a set of nerf toys...bat, golf club, tennis racket, etc. Theres a hollow spot in the middle of each for the controller to fit into.

Makes the wii sports games a little more realistic. Also makes it harder to smash a hole in your tv set.

Dont get so upset when your son beats you at a game. Its ok..its just part of aging.. >:D;)

I'll be good the moment he beats me to mowing the lawn.

He wants to drive the mower right now, but I'm pretty sure he cant reach the brake pedal.

Not that theres anything wrong with that. I hardly use it myself.

I'll be good the moment he beats me to mowing the lawn.

He wants to drive the mower right now, but I'm pretty sure he cant reach the brake pedal.

Not that theres anything wrong with that. I hardly use it myself.

See you got it all down. Make it fun and exciting for the little guy to mow the lawn. :D One chore down a few more to go!

Yep thats it. Sams and Costco have it often for cheap. Around $20. But they never have any Wii's.

See you got it all down. Make it fun and exciting for the little guy to mow the lawn. :D One chore down a few more to go!

I see the benefit in that he has a much lower center of gravity than I do for the really, really steep part out front.

(Marquette) "What is it with you parents and insisting that we spend our time outside? You're not farmers for goodness sake, you don't need to make sure we have time to pasture."

It is so difficult for someone to make me laugh within an hour of waking up Marquette - but you succeeeded!

Back
Top Bottom