When The Kid(s) Leave(s) The Family Abode

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Oldest graduated from college in 2003 and has not had to move back. That a boy!
My daughter is about to graduate and go to work with substance abusers - yikes...wondering if she'll be back - not a lot of money in this field...
My youngest son is a freshman in college.

Basically I like having my own time and getting together with them.
Its a good arrangement after all those years of being on duty 24/7.
Lily misses the extra strokes though...
img_387201_0_14086f84d48a67e9024ccc288b0bf6ea.jpg

You get used to it real quick.

Substance Abuser, gotta be one of the worst jobs, but the people who do the job find many rewards in it.

Number 1 son, haven't seen in almost 2 years, he's still exploring Asia, Number 2, every couple of months, they have lives.(live in works weekends at Starbucks).

We spent over $35,000 on the Basement so they would feel comfortable when they visit, maybe one day they will settle and then we can complain about how active the Grand Kids are:confused:

Oh yeah, my early morning posts, Max the wonder Yorkie needs his 5.30 a.m. constitutional.

Both my kids are still in school but work. The oldest works full time and takes a class here that there. He is puching his own ticket now so he has a better appreciation of what it costs. He has been living on his own for more than 7 years. Younger one is working PT and is full time in school. He lives on his own in a shared apartment with a friend.

The house is now a lot quieter except for the occasional weekend grandkid visits (wife's grandkids). Otherwise it is nice and quiet.

DW is talking about getting a pet. I am resisting sicne this is the first time in many many years I don't have one. It is nice to have the freedom of not having to deal with a pet but I do miss having a four-legged eating, crapping and shedding machine in the house. Maybe a cat....at least they are self sufficient. Declawed they are almost tolerable in the house...just not in my bed. :p

Back
Top Bottom