Join Early Retirement Today

When the kids(young adults now) do something to annoy me..
Old 01-11-2019, 05:41 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I follow a few YouTube channels that I think most people would find boring. For example the ‘Red Poopy Ranch’ where superb narrator Heath is building a homestead on the cheap, all alone. It reminds me of what can be done with little money, ingenuity, grit and perseverance. I find it food for the soul.

Some how I found this rather disgusting video- It too serves a purpose too. It reminds me that when DS (Cool Hand) isnt putting in all the effort he could and I am annoyed - things It could be so much worse.

https://youtu.be/Im9_y6lo8m0

After watching the video Is it any wonder why the Rich are hated. I have observed people with far less resources make horrific choices for their kids and no good came of it.

I cant help but wonder where the ‘Princess’ will be in 20 years?
By the by super indulgent Mom bought her the $231,000 dollar G Wagon and she promptly smashed it up.

rayinpenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2019, 06:04 AM   #2

This is just the evolution of reality TV. This girl is trying to be the next Kardashian. She is an 'instagram influencer' - Google that. Nothing in her life (or on Dr. Phil) is 'real' any more.

Life's too short to spend too much time here...
dixonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:10 AM   #3

Reality TV has some truth to it. Plus, the kids watch it and mimic the language, the attitude, the fashion etc. I see that with my nieces and nephews. They follow that garbage and think it's cool. I think they get the theatrics of it all, but it influences the way they think and at look at life.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:10 AM   #4

<b>Instagram Influencer. noun. Influencers are Instagram users who have an established credibility and audience; who can persuade others by virtue of their trustworthiness and authenticity. Your brand's influencers are users that employ your brand hashtag who have the largest number of followers.</b>

What would be her brand? Mercedes?
I believe, perhaps naively she really is that spoiled and her Mom is really that clueless...
Old 01-11-2019, 07:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayinpenn View Post
What would be her brand? Mercedes?
I believe, perhaps naively she really is that spoiled and her Mom is really that clueless...
No, her brand is herself. The goal is clicks, views and likes. And yes, it's just like the Kardshians. You don't need talent, smarts, hard work or a great idea. Just a video of something that will make people click.

It'll be interesting to see how this all develops. No doubt it's a very different world, but for those growing up in it, it will be normal. They'll figure it out, somehow.
CaptTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:22 AM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I know you love it when I do this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayinpenn View Post
I follow a few YouTube channels that I think most people would find boring. For example the ‘Red Poopy Ranch’ ... It reminds me of what can be done with little money, ingenuity, grit and perseverance a little food coloring. I find it food for the soul.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:42 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

I bet there are lots of inspirational Youtube videos of young people doing amazing things too that are probably better to watch.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:19 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

I'm hoping she starts a GoFund me so I can contribute several thousand dollars. Hate to see a child in pain.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:43 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
I already put her in my Will and I haven't even watched the U-tube.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:35 AM   #10

The video I enjoyed was a British girl trying to get a free hotel room because she is an "influencer". They have the hotel owner's response to her. She is clueless.
Souschef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:02 PM   #11

She needs a "g-wagon" "rolls eyes". I hate stupidity. I will say I do feel bad for her because she did not suddenly "wake up" this way.

The problem is what people think is cute at 5 is not cute at 25 and while a parent has to deal with crap like this, the real world is not so accepting.

Did you see part two where she has a hissy fit because she is told to get a job..... how did she end up like that.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:55 PM   #12

This type of behavior is not new. It is just become more "newsworthy" as, IMHO, folks and organizations look for more ways to get attention. I saw this sort of behavior among some classmates at my Ivy League college... who are now grown up and I would not be surprised if some of them passed this behavior down to their kids.

The young woman has "mature" adults in the various reality TV shows - and probably IRL as well - acting in a similar manner as role models.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:32 PM   #13

It gets even better with this girl. Her mother, tired of her constant pouting, increased her allowance to an unbelievable $5,000/month AND bought her the G-Wagon (with a Louis Vuitton interior) even before her little princess had her license.
And whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.- Desiderata by Max Ehrmann
MissMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:09 PM   #14

I have to say i find all things Kardashian revolting -the are talentless grown up versions of that little monster and an unfortunate sign of our times.