Where are they ?

Moemg

Gone but not forgotten
Since 2008 is drawing to a close I thought we'd reminisce about the posters who have left . Of course we all miss CFB ( his recipes , his humor , the endless bacon thread and his advice on what to purchase ) . Who else are we missing ?

Marquette, almost 2,000 posts in less than a year.........

I'm looking forward to a return of SteveR. Doesn't look like CFB will be back anytime soon.

Let's not forget the 1,000s who registered and haven't posted yet. Introduce yourselves! And you millions of lurkers, register and talk to us. The water is fine.

OAP was fun - CIA/dialect/well written stuff. Guess there were some other issues, but the small doses i read were fun.

Did any of the folks who have left, such as CFB, say why they left?

So who's been banned? They used to just disappear from my "Ignore Poster" list but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore...

Let's not forget the 1,000s who registered and haven't posted yet. Introduce yourselves! And you millions of lurkers, register and talk to us. The water is fine.

That's cool. I'm sure that my boss is on the forum as he's a rich tech entrepreneur who some times let the words "retire early" leave his mouth.

I miss Sam and Sheryl, as well as SteveR and Wab/Twaddle. They haven't been around for a while. Sheryl stopped by briefly. Come back guys!

I miss Sam and Sheryl, as well as SteveR and Wab/Twaddle. They haven't been around for a while. Sheryl stopped by briefly. Come back guys!

I hope Sheryl is OK. I rmember that she left not long after she discovered that she had lupus.

Ha

I read this when CFB first posted it and, like many others here, was very sad to see him leave. Bunny has that unique combination of humor, intelligence and compassion. When I re-read this post, I was very troubled by the message which eluded me on the first reading. I hope we don't drive more like him away.

Tolerance, acceptance and humor will do much to let this forum continue to thrive. I am concerned about attempts to restrict viewpoints. While I understand the need to control this medium, it does cause me some concern. Free expression means sometimes hearing messages you don’t like. If by any chance you are reading this CFB, take care and thanks for everything. You are the best.

I read this when CFB first posted it and, like many others here, was very sad to see him leave. Bunny has that unique combination of humor, intelligence and compassion. When I re-read this post, I was very troubled by the message which eluded me on the first reading. I hope we don't drive more like him away.

Tolerance, acceptance and humor will do much to let this forum continue to thrive. I am concerned about attempts to restrict viewpoints. While I understand the need to control this medium, it does cause me some concern. Free expression means sometimes hearing messages you don’t like. If by any chance you are reading this CFB, take care and thanks for everything. You are the best.

What attempts to restrict viewpoints are you talking about?

What attempts to restrict viewpoints are you talking about?

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f52/ground-rules-41549.html

This link states: "Threads belong here if the focus is predominantly opinion based, concerning public policy, prominent political figures, or topics about governmental conduct. Posts must be related to the subject of early retirement in more than a tenuous fashion."

I don't see any other forums so strictly restricted to subects related to the subject of ER. I understand what led up to this and am just expressing my concern.

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f52/ground-rules-41549.html

This link states: "Threads belong here if the focus is predominantly opinion based, concerning public policy, prominent political figures, or topics about governmental conduct. Posts must be related to the subject of early retirement in more than a tenuous fashion."

I don't see any other forums so strictly restricted to subects related to the subject of ER. I understand what led up to this and am just expressing my concern.

Thanks I see what you are referring too now. :)

Back
Top Bottom