Where is my kitten?

We have had strictly indoor cats for many years. Several months ago, somehow a door was not securely closed and our 13 year old got out. We never saw him again.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this.:( This is one of our biggest fears. We have two strictly indoor cats ourselves.

This is great news Vicente! I would have been unable to sleep if one of our cats went missing.

A handy dandy trick for helping cats come home, should you have a new cat or a new place - butter it's paws before putting it out - it will leave a better scent trail to follow home and licking it's paws helps fix the particular scent of the home turf in the cat's brain. Small town here, and cat friendly neighbors, but we've had a series of indoor/mostly outdoor cats that have lived/are living into their upper teens. No coyotes having catsnacks here and not a bunch of traffic....

Calmloki: Do you mean to butter their paws the first time you let the cat out only or butter them each time? I'm assuming you mean just the first time, but thought I better get if clarified from you.
I've never heard of that, but will surely try it when I get my kittie.
Sure lots of cat lovers on here..including me.

Calmloki: Do you mean to butter their paws the first time you let the cat out only or butter them each time? I'm assuming you mean just the first time, but thought I better get if clarified from you.
I've never heard of that, but will surely try it when I get my kittie.
Sure lots of cat lovers on here..including me.

You need to get your buttering clarified? :ROFLMAO::2funny:

Did you do that on purpose? :greetings10:

Mix in a dash of garlic before buttering - I understand coyotes really love it. :)

Maybe those Italian coyotes - hear the Texmex coyotes prefer a touch of cumin and some pasilla ancho mixed in.

A handy dandy trick for helping cats come home, should you have a new cat or a new place - butter it's paws before putting it out - it will leave a better scent trail to follow home and licking it's paws helps fix the particular scent of the home turf in the cat's brain. Small town here, and cat friendly neighbors, but we've had a series of indoor/mostly outdoor cats that have lived/are living into their upper teens. No coyotes having catsnacks here and not a bunch of traffic....

The Cats Protection League says "butter their paws" is #5 of the top ten cat myths. Indoors is safest, with microchip backup in case it gets out by accident.

GREAT news indeed! You must be sooo relieved. Poor kitty - she must have been scared to death! Glad to hear she is back home safe and sound.

The Cats Protection League says "butter their paws" is #5 of the top ten cat myths. Indoors is safest, with microchip backup in case it gets out by accident.

Pssht! Who ya gonna believe - some foggy island Moggie Protection League writer or an anonymous poster from the ER forum?

MY KITTEN IS BACK!!! Thank you all for your response. Vim was rght- she didn´t stray from the last place we saw her. Took some persuasion to get her out from where she had hidden scared s*****ss.
This makes my day. What a great start for the weekend. :)

Back
Top Bottom