Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #81
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

CFB, I am so sad to see you go!

I will miss your recipes, your pancake bunnies, and your computer advice (I am typing on the computer deal you recommended right now!)

All the best,
SG

(49, married; DH 53. I am fully retired as of 2015 (well ok, I still work part-time but only because I love the job and have complete freedom to call off if I want to travel with hubby for work), DH hopes to fully retire 2018 when he turns 55 to access 401K penalty-free...although he may decide to do part-time consulting)
simple girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2008, 07:19 PM   #82

CFB,

Sorry to see you go. I've only been here about a year and a half, but I've always enjoyed your posts.

I'm a member of a couple of message boards and a moderator on one of them. Message boards evolve. Sometimes they are a tight cohesive group of people with a common interest, other times they grow and change and become more diverse, then split apart and evolve again.

This is one of my favorites because of the wide range of ages, life experiences, knowledge and opinions.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:30 PM   #83
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Tell the truth are you now working for Dell ? Roving from forum to forum and recommending their computers !
Old 10-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #84

Rumor has it. He started up a pig farm. He is secretly using genetics and cloning to produce the perfect piece of bacon. I guess its not so secret now but eh..Gabe is the mastermind behind the whole thing so I hear. CFB is just the muscle and financing.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:55 PM   #85
gone traveling

Ladies and gentlemen, I have a plan....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bunnytrap1.jpg (65.1 KB, 10 views)
Old 10-29-2008, 08:09 PM   #86

CFB, Thanks For The Memories!!!

I certainly am going to miss you Bunny! I always enjoyed your posts.....'specially on food!

CFB, Thanks For The Memories!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:16 PM   #87
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westernskies View Post
Mmmmm...yummy pancakes.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #88
Give me a forum ...

News Flash, CFB has been sighted in Peoria...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bacon festival.jpg (33.6 KB, 699 views)
Old 10-29-2008, 08:36 PM   #89
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg54 View Post
Mmmmm...yummy pancakes.

Catch and Release on this one....
Old 10-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #90
Give me a forum ...

I didn't give permission to use my photo...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #91
Give me a forum ...

Hey Bunny
i read your post several timed to make sure i let it all absorb. i don't know if i'm too late writing this message for you will see it and others' fare thee well posts, but i'm going to write it anyway.
you are a real character, and a very good soul. i fully support your decision to do what is honestly right for you. life is all about freedom of choice.
i will miss your sense of humor...you were the perfect "pickup the dangling line" person for me many many times. You made me laugh a zillion times, or was it a zillion plus 2.5 nanoseconds?
i truly hope our e-paths cross again somewhere in cyberspace.
Elmer Fudd and I wish the best of luck to you.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:32 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
I didn't give permission to use my photo...
I think you would look better in a baby blue dude.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:17 AM   #93
Give me a forum ...

Bunny man. Take a couple of weeks off.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:51 PM   #94

Boy am I late to this thread. I am really going to be sorry to see you go Bunny. I have missed you for awhile. Thanks for all the good info that you have given to this forum. You have brightened my day and made me laugh out loud several times. I also enjoyed all of your recipes. I never could figure out how you could do everything that you did. I always felt so lazy compared to you. You will be missed. I hope that you will change your mind and come back again after a break. If anyone says anything about it, I will be the first to defend you. I also hope that we will reconnect on a different forum some day.

Nords, I hope that you hang in there. I agree with some of the things that you are saying. I have started to respond to some people that I strongly disagreed with and thought what would be the use and have moved on to a different thread. I have lurked here for quite some time and it is not the same as when I first started. However, I find myself hearing a piece of news on tv and wondering how different people here would respond to whatever piece of news I had heard. I do consider several people here as friends, even though I have never met them. I truly hope that you don't leave here. You have contributed greatly to this site.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:07 PM   #95

CFB, thanks for everything. I hope you, Gabe, your wife, your 25# attack cat and your dogs all live happily ever after.

Cheers,

charlie
Old 12-01-2008, 03:08 AM   #96
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiever51 View Post
This is the only forum I have ever joined, but certainly not the only one I've ever followed. And while I am a comparative newbie compared to some of you fine folks, I get exactly what I am looking for out of this experience. I came here looking for validation of my decision to retire early...for assurances that everything was going to be all right even when it felt like maybe it wasn't...for assistance in some financial decisions...and to hang out with others who had already taken the plunge or who planned to do so.

Little did I expect when I posted my first thoughts here that I would learn about bacon and great recipes and all kinds of great lifestyle ideas from CFB...or about military life from the retired service folks like Nords...or about raising chickens or living full time in a RV...or about being gay...or about facing cancer or Alzheimer's, the importance of colonoscopies, the heartbreak of losing a pet, a parent or a spouse...well, I could go on and on, but my point is this:

When I'm looking to interact -- or even just to lurk -- for awhile with a group of folks who mostly seem to be interesting, educated, humorous and interested in sharing, I come here. For the most point, I avoid the drama -- I've never visited the Soapbox and ignore (but don't put on the ignore list) some of the, shall I say, more fringe opinions. I try to treat you as I would if you were a guest in my own home, and hope you will do the same to me. And, yes, while it does seem that the tone of the forum has changed in the recent past, I attribute it to the freefall of the market -- it was, after all, a lot more fun when everything seemed to be going up all the time. Bad times bring out the best and the worst of some folks.

But I still enjoy being here...
I have to second everything you said.I think everyone has to lighten up a little.This site has been like family to me and I wouldn't want to see anyone leave especially CFB whom has provided me with info on several things that did not even have to do with ER.I hope you'll reconsider!
Old 12-01-2008, 03:18 AM   #97
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westernskies View Post
Old 12-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #98
Recycles dryer sheets

CFB,

I miss your computer reviews. Thanks for the tip on Vostro laptops.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #99
Full time employment: Posting here.

Damn! This new job is making me miss everything!

CFB... you can' be leaving us hanging like that!?!? May your pancakes be supple and your bacon firm... or vice versa... or something

I've been here for a while, and although I don't post much (don't have much intelligible to add to the discussion), it's one of the few places I hit when I have the time. It's definitely the people that keeps me coming back. The collective knowledge is outstanding. And I certainly appreciate it.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:55 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg54 View Post
Mmmmm...yummy pancakes.

I think it is a line cut to get rid of it! Dawg, please say this isn't my Valentine card from you!!!

And like many others I too shall miss the CFB. I have lived through enough antagonistic exchanges over the years that I am FIRE. I never followed the political hulabaloo here and will not waste my time to try and reconstruct a dead issue. Life is too short for headaches. When I first joined there was alot about wheat bread, pancakes and Gabe.

Enjoy life and play nice in the cyber sandbox we share.