Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Where Is Waldo?
Old 07-22-2005, 09:41 PM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL
I seriously doubt it. It's very easy to spout off and to use vulgar language when there is no face to the words. Your post, Art, is truly disgusting and has no place here on this forum. Get over yourself.

LL
Agreed, Art that was over the line, it's obvious you're here to spar, but come on.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2005, 09:47 PM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

My bad. Offensive passage deleted. Apologies to all.

Old 07-22-2005, 11:01 PM   #43
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

TH,

I just wanted you to know that I for one will be missing your posts. I enjoyed your wit and your wisdom and I thank you for all of your helpful advice. This board will not be the same without you. I do hope that you will come back at a later time. Enjoy your time with Gabe-children grow up so quickly.

Dreamer

I agree with the others that everyone should be nice!!!!
Old 07-23-2005, 06:57 AM   #44
Recycles dryer sheets

Art: Yuck. If the offensive passage was deleted and what is left is not offensive I'm glad I didn't get here earlier. One thing I used to enjoy about this board is that most of the posters were thoughtful and didn't resort to vulgarity. Name-calling is not especially classy.

I wish TH could find a happy medium between being on the board, real time posting 10X a day, and not being here at all.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:09 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayelem
Art:* Yuck.* If the offensive passage was deleted and what is left is not offensive I'm glad I didn't get here earlier.* One thing I used to enjoy about this board is that most of the posters were thoughtful and didn't resort to vulgarity. Name-calling is not especially classy.

I wish TH could find a happy medium between being on the board, real time posting 10X a day, and not being here at all.* *
Hi Art! If anyone understands why you would verbally "nuke" th, I do.
But, glad you recognize it was a bit over the top. I have posted a few times
and then wished I held back, especially as I am pretty gruff and
confrontational in any venue. That said, given the choices in the
prior post, I would prefer th "not being here at all". I will concede that there
are probably some who feel that way about me.

Just my 2 cents.

JG
Old 07-23-2005, 01:54 PM   #46

Hey () aka TH,

I've been a daily reader of this board and an infrequent poster (as I am still stuck in the work force).

I've missed your posts recently and was wondering if you had gone on off on a vacation. I am distressed to hear that you are considering an extended hiatus due to the 'antics' of some other posters.

I've been most impressed with your thinking abilities, knowledge, responsiveness,* willingness to share with everyone and to "play nice" until some of the other posters finally got to you. Unfortunately, they seem to be taking over this board and seemingly have little of value to add.

I'll be taking your suggestion to 'get out and do something' if you are not posting, as I fear that there will not be much new to be learned here.

Sorry to see you go.

omni
Old 07-23-2005, 03:23 PM   #47
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Hmmm

Pssst - Wellesley, some good recipes, computer deals, etc., etc.

Keep the faith - like MacArthur - he shall return.

Old 07-23-2005, 06:06 PM   #48
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by omni550
Hey () aka TH,

I've been a daily reader of this board and an infrequent poster (as I am still stuck in the work force).

I've missed your posts recently and was wondering if you had gone on off on a vacation. I am distressed to hear that you are considering an extended hiatus due to the 'antics' of some other posters.

I've been most impressed with your thinking abilities, knowledge, responsiveness, willingness to share with everyone and to "play nice" until some of the other posters finally got to you. Unfortunately, they seem to be taking over this board and seemingly have little of value to add.

I'll be taking your suggestion to 'get out and do something' if you are not posting, as I fear that there will not be much new to be learned here.

Sorry to see you go.

omni
omni,

I'm going to take you to task (in a kind and gentle way) regarding your "If Th stops posting, there isn't anything else I can learn on this board" post.

While I fully agree with you that the level of animosity and mean-spirited (not to mention rude and crude) posts have increased over time, your approach to Th's decision to take a break is a bit insulting to the thousands of other members and posters who contribute to this board. Yes, there is much here off-topic and in the general category of goofiness. I won't pretend for a minute that I'm not guilty of more than my fair share of this. But just because one vein played out in this gold mine is no reason to totally abandon the dig. There is still a treasure of information to be found here.

REW

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 07:12 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemick2
Hmmm

Pssst - Wellesley, some good recipes, computer deals, etc., etc.

Keep the faith - like MacArthur - he shall return.

Or he might "just fade away"..........

JG
Old 07-23-2005, 07:18 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by omni550
Hey () aka TH,

I've been most impressed with your thinking abilities, knowledge, responsiveness,* willingness to share with everyone and to "play nice" until some of the other posters finally got to you. Unfortunately, they seem to be taking over this board and seemingly have little of value to add.

Sorry to see you go.

omni
If you were kidding, you forgot the smiley face. BTW, implying that the "other
posters have little of value to add" is not helpful. There is gold in here,
whether th posts or not.

JG
Old 07-23-2005, 09:48 PM   #51

I really did enjoy TH's wit and way with words, but not when he
was slugging it out with someone. Come back and visit from time
to time, TH. I, for one, will miss you ..... and may the Force be