Join Early Retirement Today
Re: Where were you.........................
Old 09-12-2006, 09:53 PM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Re: Where were you.........................

9/11-I was working and our district manager came to the cubicle next to mine and had a small radio and we started listening to it. The security guard had the radio and took it to our manager. I felt really bad about the first plane hitting and then when I heard the second plane hit, I grew very frightened since our country was being attacked and that somebody had declared war on us. As events unfolded, a few of us went to a store in the mall where we worked that sold tvs and watched for a few minutes. I knew I had to get back to work though, since I worked for the gov and our agency served the public, so phones were still ringing and people were in the office wanting service.

Challenger-I was home sick that day. I was asleep on the couch with the tv on and woke up to see it on tv. I did not like being alone when such an awful thing happened.

JFK-I do not remember it at all. I was 10 years old at the time and always wondered why I could not remember it. I always figured it was due to too much partying in the 70s. I just got to thinking this summer, that was about the time when I was in an orphanage and we probably were not told. It made me feel better that it was not my mind!

Princess Di-I was at home and my son called and told me. I felt so sorry for her and her boys.

Elvis-I was on annual leave to accompany my husband to an AFB in IL. He was taking a fire course. I was down at the hotel bar getting a pepsi and saw it on a tv. I kept getting sick and vomiting even though I quit eating. I did not know it at the time, but I was pregnant with our first child.

Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!