Where will the Dow be at on Dec. 31, 2013?

KMyer

Recycles dryer sheets
Let's have some fun and see who has the best insight into 2013.

I predict that the Dow will close at 14,150 (a new record) on 12/31/13.

Where do you think the Dow will be a year from now?

OK. I'll play. Think we'll have some ups and downs. More downs. 11,555 on 12/31/13.

Last edited:
I have no insight into this at all! None whatsoever!

Contrary to public opinion, my crystal ball really isn't very reliable about the market. Honest. :D

Attachments

• crystalball.jpg
    crystalball.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 7
Heck, I don't even know what it will be on Dec 31, 2012!

You made me re-read the question....I thought 2012 was what we were guessing! :facepalm:

Taking the current uncertainty about any decisions on the "fiscal cliff" even makes 2012 too difficult for me :blush: ....so 2013 is way out of my wheel house!

It is funny you ask as a buudy and I bet a lunch every year on where the three majors Dow, S&P 500 and Nasdaq may end the next year. We are exchanging our 2013 predictions today. Two out of three wins.

So here is my predictions 2013.
Dow 14,279
S&P 1,538
NASDAQ 3,342

It will be either above or below where it ends on 12/31/12:cool:.

I have no insight into this at all! None whatsoever!

Contrary to public opinion, my crystal ball really isn't very reliable about the market. Honest. :D

Your way too modest, as we all know how reliable the wh_ _ call is in signaling a market drop:LOL:

It will be talked about for years, will go in record books, will have statisticians trying to compute the probability for years, will be an essential example in numerous textbooks, and will only be believed by those that verify: DOW(12/31/2012) = DOW(12/31/2013)

the year after a presidential election is often a sub-par one for stocks, so I'll say down slightly, say, 12,500

Alright, I'll play - 13,100. So depending on what happens on Monday, that might mean an increase for the year.

I think the world will come to an end and the Dow will not close. The Mayan apocalypse countdown was off by one year because of the Gregorian calendar. If it had started with year "0" as the Mayans intended, next year would be the real 2012.

Either that or 13973.16

+/-20 % of the mean.

Back
Top Bottom