Join Early Retirement Today

Where's the Send Button in Hotmail
Old 08-07-2016, 08:17 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Where's the Send Button in Hotmail

Used to be fine and obvious. Now it is gone.....can create the message or adddress a to-be-forwarded message but can't find the send button. Any help appreciated.
kaneohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2016, 08:20 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

You think the disappearing send button is related to this? http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...bar-82964.html
Old 08-07-2016, 08:38 AM   #3

Perhaps, timewise roughly correct but ...................
I started only browsing on the new Mac which was the one I was using when the incident happened and now I am using the OLD Mac for anything requiring logging in/passwords so
I am having the problem with the OLD Mac which shouldn't have been affected. Of course I don't know if the OLD Mac would have worked even before the incident since I haven't used it for so long.

Apparently it is not an uncommon problem.......I can google it and see that others have had the same problem but I don't understand the suggested solutions because I can't even find the tabs/buttons they talk about. If I can't fix it soon, I'm bailing to gmail.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:25 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Hotmail converted to Outlook long ago (although I still have a hotmail address, which causes young people to snicker). I can see the SEND button in my Outlook account just fine.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:33 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
Hotmail converted to Outlook long ago (although I still have a hotmail address, which causes young people to snicker). I can see the SEND button in my Outlook account just fine.
+1

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:49 AM   #6

I use the Microsoft Office Outlook program to collect my hotmail emails along with 3 other email accounts. I prefer it to using web based email and all my email accounts are collected in one central area.
zinger1457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 12:20 PM   #7

A handy tool to keep around for ferreting out URL attacks and such, is a lightweight Linux distro like Slacko (Puppy) 6.3.0. - Can boot from CD/DVD/USB, no need for a hard drive. It will be relatively clean and safe to check e-mail, bank site etc... and to test hardware/software malfunction issues.

Download latest Puppy Linux release
bjorn2bwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
You think the disappearing send button is related to this? http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...bar-82964.html
Actually, you may have a point. Not directly since it's the new Mac that was affected by the URL incident and it's the old Mac that has the hotmail send problem. I tried to sign up for gmail on the old Mac and it said the Safari I'm using is old and not supported so perhaps that's the problem. Won't know for sure till I get brave enough to try hotmail on the new Mac or some other computer though.

edit to add: ok perhaps mystery solved. I forgot I had Chrome on the old Mac since it disappeared from tool bar when I shut power off. Used Chrome instead of Safari and now I see the SEND button and successfully forwarded message to my Yahoo mail account.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:29 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

next to the any key