Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-02-2019, 06:30 AM   #61
Full time employment: Posting here.

Starting to sound like the "What old person thing do you do?" thread
zedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2019, 07:19 AM   #62
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedd View Post
Starting to sound like the "What old person thing do you do?" thread
Your body and mind fall apart, then you die?

Not so much what an old person does, but rather what happens to him/her.

See my signature below.

V V V V

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Vick's
Old 10-02-2019, 11:23 AM   #63
Dryer sheet aficionado

Vick's

I have also heard that Vick's Vaporub works. Inexpensive too. One person I know got rid of it by soaking in apple cider vinegar (diluted somewhat with water).
Old 10-02-2019, 11:50 AM   #64
Recycles dryer sheets

I've had it since I was a kid, mostly on the big toes. I remember taking Ajax cleanser and trying to scrub my toenails. I could never wear sandals without wearing reinforced toe nylons. Had the toenails removed about a decade ago, but noticed a couple of the other toes are affected. My DH got it after his bout with breast cancer. He took some kind of oral medication for awhile, but it didn't help. I've lived with it so long that it doesn't bother me especially now that the two main offenders are gone.
PawPrint53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 12:19 PM   #65
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed B View Post
This is a decades old problem for me too. I have it on both feet but not on every toe. It's odd that way. Vic's Vapor Rub works as well as anything and I will see improvement with it. But it always comes back.
I had success with this. For many months (9, I think) I kept the affected toe covered in Vicks by using finger bandages. Replacing after every shower. For the last couple of months I added ProClearz - Tolnaftate (1%) and let it dry before wrapping with Vicks & bandage.

No fungus for nearly 10 years now.
jasg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 02:08 PM   #66
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgster View Post
I've had toe fungus for a number of years on 2 toes, it never really bothered me until last year my 4th toe started swelling up while wearing shoes for a extended time. I stay mostly in sandals, flip flops.
Finally broke down and visited a Podiatrist for help, he prescribed Laser treatment. He didn't recommend oral drugs due to complications from them. I've had 2 sessions so far, the fungus is clearing out and the new nails are growing out clear. Might need another laser session, but so far so good!!
it was $200 a session, I also use a spray for my shoes and ointment daily.

https://www.mytucsonpodiatrist.com/p...reatments.html
Great info - thanks. I've had it on one big toe for 20 years after damage from backpacking in new boots. Just that one toe. I once had the nail removed and it was coming back clear, then I had to spend a week traveling for work and being in shoes constantly brought it back because the nail bed is apparently damaged and sensitive to fungal attack.

I'm going to get that laser treatment done for sure. Here in sunny, dry AZ it should clear up.
mabuhay is offline   Reply With Quote