Who do you write like?

Jane Austen :confused:. I'm not sure I've ever even picked up one of her books.

Interesting site.

I used two of my more verbose posts to this Forum -- both were two paragraphs long. The first was like Margaret Atwood and the second like Dan Bloom. Must be the wine.

I write like Cory Doctorow. I'd never heard of him before today. We do have something in common, we're both Canadian.

Ditto on both counts!!!

I copied a recent email that was to hand. I will try later with a completely different type of text and style.

H.P. Lovecraft

Below are the results of analysis of your text. Analyze new text?
Your Badge

w.png
I write like
Arthur Conan Doyle

Sheesh, who would have thunk it? Especially for a feringi.

A sampling of my blog post got me Jonathan Swift. A sample from the first chapter of the book I am writing got me James Joyce.

My Irish brown bread recipe was written in the style of James Joyce. No doubt the terse instructions and incomplete sentences were the features being looked for! A letter to a manager turned up H.P. Lovecraft (Who? :confused:)

I write like Cory Doctorow. I'd never heard of him before today.

Same here, but I'm English, however I did wear dorky glasses like his picture on Wiki.

Maybe I should read something of his.

Since some of us like to write, why don't we post a snippet of a story we have written.

I'll go first....be gentle....

Surrounded by flat land littered with scrub trees and ragweed, stood an asylum for the criminally insane. The building used to be a high school, but most of the population had moved west into town where the educational facilities were more modern. A fuss was raised when the state chose the abandoned building for its new purpose, but due to only grumbling and no action, the state won.

The budget was limited, so not much remodeling was done. The classrooms were made smaller to accommodate the patients and the offices were refurbished for the staff. Anyone passing by couldn’t help but get an uneasy feeling when they happened to glance at the hospital. The immediate impression would be that of not wanting to look at an accident, but the urge was still there. Curiosity set in, followed by repulsion and embarrassment. There would be one new patient added today; another ‘lost’ soul floating above sanity.

Shuffling up the ice covered, brick sidewalk, Brian was keenly aware of the shackles on his hands and feet. The frigid January wind chilled him to the bone, causing him to wheeze when he breathed. Two burly, tired looking men walked on either side as they guided him up the steps into the entrance. Once Brian stepped into the waiting room, he felt as if he were on display. He suddenly felt overwhelmingly small and frightened. The room was so large, that comprehending all those faces was impossible. They all looked the same. He thought about the jury that accusingly stared at him like black eyed crows. The few people in the courtroom including his lawyer all had the same face. He closed his eyes while the guards took the shackles off his wrists and ankles, and felt his body and mind embrace the freedom. Maybe today wasn’t going to be so bad after all.

After Brian’s papers were scrutinized, he was led to a room on the second floor where once again he was checked for anything that might be harmful, to him or others. The search was certainly not pleasant, but the hands were softer than the cold steel that once touched him. From there he was taken to his room where he would spend the rest of his natural life....

I'm beginning to suspect a RAG (random author generator).
Just when I was thinking you may be onto something, I cut and pasted an portion of a Cory Doctorow book into the site. It said the writer wrote like Cory Doctorow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom