Who has the longest tenure being a pre-early retiree

I was layed off, canned, made redundant, etc Jan 93. Was an unemployed slacker. Did some temp work (jobshopper) 95, 96 about a year in total. Took my first pension check in Aug 98 (age 55).

When I found this forum surfing with my trusty WebTV I became a super duper ER and received a 'real computer' for Christmas.

Almost as good when I was 11 and got my first BB gun!

heh heh heh - :dance: ;).

So basically you're disqualified because you retired before they invented the internet.

Joined in 2005 under a different moniker, but lurked for a while before that. Interestingly, I joined within a year of graduating college and starting full time post college employment. I am now about 4 years from FI, so if I stick it out for that period of time I will have been here virtually all of my working career.

Fuego, showoff. :)
I think a lot of the young dreamer category folks drift in and then drift out when we realize how long it is until we can quit.
I've been here since Sept 2005 and have at least 6-8 more years to go of work before I can hang up my boots.
So I'm at 7 years on the board pre-ER and I can't remember how long as a Mod.

Hmm, only actually made an account on this board relatively recently, but I was a poster on the FIRE board on Motley Fool back in the days when Intercst and the-one-who-must-not-be-named and Dory, etc. were actively posting. :)

I joined last summer and don't intend to retire until 70--fifteen years from now. My introductory post was about the bag lady syndrome which I have in spades. Can you post this question in fifteen years so I can win the prize?

Fuego, showoff. :)
I think a lot of the young dreamer category folks drift in and then drift out when we realize how long it is until we can quit.
I've been here since Sept 2005 and have at least 6-8 more years to go of work before I can hang up my boots.
So I'm at 7 years on the board pre-ER and I can't remember how long as a Mod.

Showoff? I consider my membership here as something like an AA membership (2 A's, not 3). Something to help me keep to the program and not fall off the wagon. Something to help resist the temptations that lurk out there among fellow mankind. :D

Showoff? I consider my membership here as something like an AA membership (2 A's, not 3). Something to help me keep to the program and not fall off the wagon. Something to help resist the temptations that lurk out there among fellow mankind. :D

I meant about you signing up within a year of graduating college, when you should have been out spending whatever discretionary money you had available on things that would better qualify you for that AA membership instead of room-size stacks of sale-priced toilet paper! :D

I meant about you signing up within a year of graduating college, when you should have been out spending whatever discretionary money you had available on things that would better qualify you for that AA membership instead of room-size stacks of sale-priced toilet paper! :D

I guess you didn't see the back of the van full of rum and other liquid refreshments we brought back from that Caribbean cruise last time we were down there! :D

I joined in 2004 after lurking for a year or so. Not retired yet (2017); but started my planning, spreadsheets, and pie-eyed smiling during staff meetings in 1992, when I thought I only had 10 years left! But 2017 is now IT. Really,....I mean it this time .... no kidding around....

BB

I joined in 2004 after lurking for a year or so. Not retired yet (2017); but started my planning, spreadsheets, and pie-eyed smiling during staff meetings in 1992, when I thought I only had 10 years left! But 2017 is now IT. Really,....I mean it this time .... no kidding around....

BB
You're sure? We're gonna hold you to that. Maybe by then you'll have time to post more frequently. Even monthly. :LOL:

Seriously, thanks for updating us and also for starting the 2017 class thread.

I noticed it has been 5 years since I joined .. I became really agressive on saving in the past 3 years and will RE in a little more than 2 months.. Certainly not a record, but I was surprised at how long I have been around on the board.

The amazing thing with this board is that it transcends early retirement due to the rich content in so many areas:D

I have been kicking around since 06 and will retire in 14. I joined because some of the offbeat forums, offbeat people and good offbeat advise. I guess I am an offbeat, too.

My profiles says my join date was 07-09-2004. I retired on 12-31-2010. A little over six years but I probably don't count since I was 62 at retirement, hardly a RE. On the other hand the help I got from the people here in those early days made retirement a reality (eventually).

Good God... I've already been on this forum 4.5 years !! You people must be getting old !
ha

Join date: November 2006. I'm still working, but can retire in 6.5 months in January '13. I'm currently on the fence....but we'll see.

I don't win the prize as the longest pre-retiree...I joined 5 years ago this month.

That said, when I joined, I thought I had about 2 years to go. I still think I have about two years to go. I guess I have "just another 5 years" syndrome.

R

I don't win the prize as the longest pre-retiree...I joined 5 years ago this month.

That said, when I joined, I thought I had about 2 years to go. I still think I have about two years to go. I guess I have "just another 5 years" syndrome.

R

I have suffered from that same syndrome, and have been advised to see a psychiatrist:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom