Who IS Retired On This ER Forum Anyway

Are You There...Semi There...Getting Close...Getting It Together...Or Laying The Foundation...

• Full-Retired

Votes: 50 39.4%
  • Semi-Retired

Votes: 14 11.0%
  • Working

Votes: 63 49.6%

• Total voters

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I forget If I Did This Already and I did Try to check if I had, Dad Nords!
If I have, well then I'm definitely going in for that physical my wife keeps pestering me about...it helps that the Dr. is freshly minted & a woman, though...

Well, anyway I wonder sometimes if there are anywheres close to being half of us that are fully retired,. early or otherwise.

All The Best Where ever You Are In The Process

NOT retired...

If I were retired, I'd be out having fun, living, and would be no where near a friggin computer.

Semi-retired. I have only worked a couple more hours this year than Martha has. I think I will fully retire sometime in 2007.
jc

About three years to go, the real estate market, my clients and plane hijackers willing.

Mountain_Mike said:
If I were retired, I'd be out having fun, living, and would be no where near a friggin computer.

Heh, my idea of a happy retirement is spending a great deal of time on the computer, but doing what I want to do ;)

Retired for 12 yrs. (at age 39)

Hubby retired for one year. (at age 53) He chooses to work very part-time.

Semi-retired, self-employed, working 15 to 20 hours a week.

Still working (and pretty happy on the job) with 443 days to go according to my browser countdown plug in. Wife retired a couple months ago.

Gee, whichever well meaning mod added Retired with working spouse - could you remove it please - thats not what I'm after with this poll...thanks :)

semi retired, some 306 billable hours through July, but I'm pretty seriously avoiding anything that not work for my present clients (who I happen to like and get along with) so that life is a lot easier than before. Two-three weeks off at a time --something new and very enjoyable! ;)

Retired for 970 days. How's that for a big number?

Cut-Throat said:
Jarhead made me do it! :D - He said if my spouse was working, I was not really retired. I couldn't find 'Un-employed', so I added a new category. I am a working gigolo for my wife, but I don't receive any monetary compensation. 8)
I see where you're coming from...but you're retired (and lucky) in my polling book! no matter how you Cut it .......I got a DW working too and I am defintely retired...you and I are admitted gigolos :cool: who else can admit to it :D .....how is a woman referred to in this regard....Nords ...anybody :confused:

IntoTheMystic said:
I see where you're coming from...but you're retired in my book! no matter how you Cut it .......I got a DW working too and I am defintely retired...you and I are admitted gigolos  :cool:  who else can admit to it  :D .....how is a woman referred to in this regard....Nords ...anybody  :confused:
We're in limbo, or perhaps it's more properly referred to as purgatory.

Spouse was earning a puny Reserves weekend-drilling check from 2002-2005.  Even that has been suspended for 2006 as she was involuntarily converted to the "volunteer" system.  She's applied for a pay billet and even as we speak the board is considering her request.  We should know the answer next month and that'll determine whether she sucks down another three years of pay or whether she retires and waits for that 2022 pension to kick in.

It's funded her TSP and her IRA.  Since it's her money it's also paid for a couple garage-sale sprees.  

But, hey, I'm proud to join the gigolo ranks!

Martha said:
How does Greg provide his answers to those questions? Do you unbolt a small hole in the door for him to speak through, do you unbuckle the straitjacket so he can write it down, or does he have to tap Morse code on the rubber padding with his feet?

Fulltime ER'd for 46 days as of today!  Even though my job was only a minor hassle, it's hard to fathom how much better this lifestyle is!  I am soooooo pleased..........   :D

As of the end of June, I'm into my tenth year. :D I was a teacher for 33 years until June of 1997.

I do cash jobs, like cut a few lawns, shopping for and driving seniors to appointments, pallbearing about 1/week, shovel snow in the winter. I don't really consider it work but the ~ $40 a day $200 a week keeps me lean, mean and hungry. :LOL:

Mrs. Zipper is still working 'til 60 at the London Regional Cancer Centre. :D :D

My last day of work was 6/2/06. I took an early retirement from working for the Fed Gov. I had 32 yrs 8 mos. I have enjoyed my summer tremendously.

Back
Top Bottom